Free Wii with Comcast triple play premium

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
Last Week broadband reports (formerly DSLreports)
Leaked some info about an up-coming free Wii promotion with the comcast triple play premium subscription, but I was suspicious.
Well, this morning I heard a radio add for it and confirmed it online.
This may be regional, but if it's in Metro-ATL it is probably in most other major cities.
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Comcast-Makes-Wii-Give-Away-Promotion-Official-96468

Not the best deal ever but worth a look.

Direct link coming ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='h3llbring3r']Last Week broadband reports (formerly DSLreports)
Leaked some info about an up-coming free Wii promotion with the comcast triple play premium subscription, but I was suspicious.
Well, this morning I heard a radio add for it and confirmed it online.
This may be regional, but if it's in Metro-ATL it is probably in most other major cities.
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Comcast-Makes-Wii-Give-Away-Promotion-Official-96468

Not the best deal ever but worth a look.

Direct link coming ASAP.[/quote]

I have that and the monthly bill is ~$185 with 12Mbps Internet

Its 16Mbps my mistake

UPDATE:
I called an asked if an upgrade counted from just cable to the triple play premium.
I was told that the promotion is currently for totally new customers, while it might be expanded.

So if you already have any Comcast service you are denied the promotion. I also asked if I cancelled my current service how long would I have to wait to qualify; I was told it would be 6 (six) months before I was eligable for the promotion.

Two Year Contract from what someone posted kills the deal.

My girlfriend was trying to sign up for the free Nintendo DS last year with the triple play. She had cable service at the time and was told it was for "new" subscribers to all three. She said that was ridiculous since she had only one of the services. She ended up talking to a supervisor who informed her they had very limited quantities of the DS. After much discussion, the supervisor said they couldn't give her the DS but they would credit her account for the value of the DS. It was a good trade-off since I had already gotten her a DS but bad for me since she said she was going to give it to me. Oh, well.

[quote name='Gideon68']My girlfriend was trying to sign up for the free Nintendo DS last year with the triple play. She had cable service at the time and was told it was for "new" subscribers to all three. She said that was ridiculous since she had only one of the services. She ended up talking to a supervisor who informed her they had very limited quantities of the DS. After much discussion, the supervisor said they couldn't give her the DS but they would credit her account for the value of the DS. It was a good trade-off since I had already gotten her a DS but bad for me since she said she was going to give it to me. Oh, well.[/quote]

Yes, I have been told that if you threaten to leave any/all their services all together or ask for a supervisor you can negotiate to get the deals and promotions that are available to new customers. (I have friends and neighbors who have called and recieved free movie channel promos, giftcards . . .etc.)

So for existing customers it is highly YMMV, but you at least have a shot.

I am thinking about it, but with AT&T UVERSE for less in surrounding neighborhoods I am hoping it will be in mine soon. However, if I didn't have a Wii already this would be really tempting.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']$185 a month???? Screw that lol my local gives it to me for $70, or 20mbps for $100[/quote]

You get phone, almost all channels and 20Mbps for $100?!? Lucky bastard.

[quote name='jacknicklson']You get phone, almost all channels and 20Mbps for $100?!? Lucky bastard.[/quote]

I get phone, almost all channels, and 15Mbps internet for $115 (after all the taxes).

[quote name='daminion']I get phone, almost all channels, and 15Mbps internet for $115 (after all the taxes).[/quote]

That's pretty close to the price my parents pay for Fiber-Optic service bundle.

Basic cable (expanded), phone and 10 MBs for $100-
However, if you add 1 or 2 premium movie channel bundles and a HD box rental with DVR you get close to (but still slightly cheaper than) the comparable comcast premium triple-play price.

Free $300+ I guess, don't see why everyone else cares about a Gamecube Turbo with a really lackluster library. Oh yeah, motion-sensing makes everything better...

Don't bother if you don't want 2 years of hell with Comcast.
They suck. Definetly not worth the Wii. Stay away and boycott Comcast. They are doing this because they know they are losing customers because of their piss poor service.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Free $300+ I guess, don't see why everyone else cares about a Gamecube Turbo with a really lackluster library. Oh yeah, motion-sensing makes everything better...[/QUOTE]

We dont need rude comments like that here... you can keep your negative opinions of the Wii to yourself... I have all 3 systems and enjoy all 3

[quote name='zman73']We dont need rude comments like that here... you can keep your negative opinions of the Wii to yourself... I have all 3 systems and enjoy all 3[/quote]
They aren't "negative opinions", those were facts. Wii only has Brawl & No More Heroes as of now. Everything else is:

- also on Gamecube/multiplatform
- shovelware that manages to sell thousands/millions of copies.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']They aren't "negative opinions", those were facts. Wii only has Brawl & No More Heroes as of now. Everything else is:

- shovelware that manages to sell thousands/millions of copies.[/quote]

Wow, it's funny, but I don't see "Super Mario Galaxy" anywhere in that statement. You know, the game that got the best ratings in, like, a decade, until GTA4 and MGS4 came out.

i get phone..a lot of channels..and pretty fast internet (not sure how fast)....for FREE!!
my dad pays the bill.

cant beat that

[quote name='tnote827']Wow, it's funny, but I don't see "Super Mario Galaxy" anywhere in that statement. You know, the game that got the best ratings in, like, a decade, until GTA4 and MGS4 came out.[/quote]

don't feed the lonely troll please

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Free $300+ I guess, don't see why everyone else cares about a Gamecube Turbo with a really lackluster library. Oh yeah, motion-sensing makes everything better...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UberNinjaz']They aren't "negative opinions", those were facts. Wii only has Brawl & No More Heroes as of now. Everything else is:

- shovelware that manages to sell thousands/millions of copies.[/QUOTE]

Please never reproduce.

This is far from being a good deal...you end up paying for the Wii plus a sh**load more! Though I will commend them on their promotion, as I'm sure they'll sucker in quite a few customers with it.

Screw Comcast Up Their Stupid A**es!!!!

[quote name='tnote827']Wow, it's funny, but I don't see "Super Mario Galaxy" anywhere in that statement. You know, the game that got the best ratings in, like, a decade, until GTA4 and MGS4 came out.[/quote]
Because SMG wasn't that great & neither were MGS 4 or GTA 4? I couldn't give less of a shit about "good reviews" that are most likely paid anyway.

[quote name='awnTakesKing']Please never reproduce.[/quote]

The truth hurts, doesn't it? Oh well, keep enjoying your shovelware until that 1 good game for Wii appears sometime this gen.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']you end up paying for the Wii plus a sh**load more! [/quote]

How isn't this obvious exactly? You'd still have to pay a monthly price for the Comcast service, the wii is just an extra bonus. It's a deal for those who were thinking about getting the package. It isn't something you just sign up for, get a wii and just cancel.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Because SMG wasn't that great & neither were MGS 4 or GTA 4? I couldn't give less of a shit about "good reviews" that are most likely paid anyway.

The truth hurts, doesn't it? Oh well, keep enjoying your shovelware until that 1 good game for Wii appears sometime this gen.[/quote]

Please tell me you didn't just say that MGS4 or GTAIV was not great.

[quote name='ParticleReality']How isn't this obvious exactly? You'd still have to pay a monthly price for the Comcast service, the wii is just an extra bonus. It's a deal for those who were thinking about getting the package. It isn't something you just sign up for, get a wii and just cancel.[/quote]

I understand, but I don't know of anyone who is willing to sign a 24 month contract for service! And yes it should be obvious but believe it or not we still live in an age when the majority of people who have enough money to blow on this "deal" think they are getting just that...a deal.

I'll have to look into this, I'm a current comcast subscriber but I'm thinking about dropping them for another company/companies.

I just ordered the switch to get away from AT&T and their nightmare DSL service. But, since I had Comcast cable (not a new subscriber) and my total package for service was less than $130 (not including any hardware, such as a DVR), I was denied on the Wii deal.

Oh, well. At least I don't have to stay with Comcast for 2 years if they suck like AT&T did.

bread's done
Back