Micro SDHC > MS ProDuo adapter?

Rocko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
Do these work in the PSP? I'm looking to acquire memory for my PSP (1GB won't cut it ;)) and the Pro Duos are so damn expensive. It would be much more cost effective to grab two Micro SDHC cards and and adapter and be done with it.

Thanks for any help. :]

[quote name='Rocko']Oh, great, thanks for the link! Looks like they should do the trick.[/quote]

Rocko, you need to clean out your messages inbox so messages can be sent to you. I also need your address to send the adapter. I don't need anything for it.

Could you please post your experience once you get it? I was looking into this option until I read somewhere that the read/write speed was much slower than a pro duo? I guess as long as games still work then I wouldn't care... so please let us know the performance.

Thanks.

[quote name='Rocko']The Deal Extreme adapter handled SDHC.[/quote]
But this was actually shown off at a recent tech show/convention instead of just being on a site known for very cheap (price and quality) items.

Plus, dealextreme isn't loading for me right now :p

Yeah, DX isn't working for me either, but reviews did state that it works with SDHC, and items that suck are generally reviewed as such there.

Also need to take into consideration that the DX one will come in roughly 2 weeks (via hongkong mail) and I've waited between 12 days (fastest for me so far at DX) and 26 days (slowest so far) [this from ordering day not ship day]

Plus, c'mon who the f*ck is StarJade???!!!

I say wait for a name brand as shitty/off brand mem components have given me major bricking issues in the past.

i.e. a microsd usb adapter I got from DX a few months ago, got so hot while transferring 2 gigs of stuff it fried and bricked. I still dont know what company its from. I know its tempting but wait better options will surface.

I dont know about you guys but this is the one Im waiting for the Photofast CR-5400 it holds 2 MicroSD cards so that means with 2 8GB micros you can have 16GB worth of stuff. It was suppose to come out at the end of July but still nothing yet.

[quote name='Zero_Shadow']I dont know about you guys but this is the one Im waiting for the Photofast CR-5400 it holds 2 MicroSD cards so that means with 2 8GB micros you can have 16GB worth of stuff. It was suppose to come out at the end of July but still nothing yet.[/quote]
I posted about the 5300 a few posts up ;)

[quote name='SynGamer']I posted about the 5300 a few posts up ;)[/quote]

I know but this one hold dual micros while the 5300 only holds one thats all I was saying.

[quote name='Zero_Shadow']I know but this one hold dual micros while the 5300 only holds one thats all I was saying.[/quote]
Got ya. I'm just waiting for some *slightly* professional reviews on the speed of the photofast adapters. If they're good, count me in.

For those of you waiting like I am for the Photofast Adapters heres some more info on it. Unforunately there still isnt a price nor a place to order from either. :cry:

Tipster Hitori Futari has come through for us once again with new pics, photos, and details on new PhotoFast hardware! No PhotoFast babes this time though, as Futari pointed out.

First of all, futari has informed us of several products that PhotoFast released recently (in Asia, at least - Futari doesn't know if and when they will be released in other regions): the long-awaited PSP dual adapter (CR-3100) and the other dual adapter, the CR-5400 which converts two microSDHC to one MS Pro Duo. Here's what Futari had to say about it:

32 GB mounted on the back of the PSP and switching memory sticks is an annoyance of the past. In my case it's enough for all my ROMs, ISOs, video and music files. That's more flash storage than most subnotebooks have. 64 GB is possible but it all depends on the PSP firmware which might set the limit lower.

URL: Article

It also talks about the SSD adapter if you are interested in that. I hope these come out soon.
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Photofast-...-info-photos-benchmark-tests/pg/49/aid/123044

Yeah I noticed it a few days ago too I was just showing to those who might not have saw it. I dont understand whats taking so long I thought they said it was going to be released in June and the other one in July :( I guess we got some more waiting to do. If I here anything else I'll be sure to post it. SynGamer do you mind doing the same since we seem to be the head hunters for this.

[quote name='Rocko']Gladly.[/quote]

Rocko have you been able to try out the adapter yet? I want to buy one because i would much rather have micro sd cards than useless ms produo sticks lying around.

Rocko - Have you ordered the StarJade adaptor yet? I highly reccomend it if you haven't. You can get StarJade, Kingston, or EagleTec (I recieved Kingston) and they all work great. I've tested everything and it's just as good as your typical Sony MS Pro Duo (Yes, I have and compared the two). Videos, music, saves, and other *cough* stuff all work great. Got mine in 2 weeks. I also suggest the 8 GB genuine sandisc microsdhc card if you haven't got one already ($30 shipped).

Alright got some more news http://www.photofast.jp/ website is working for once but I still can't go in the English side of the site tho. But the Europe side is taking orders for the their items. But when you click on the Order Now it takes you to their Contact Us form but better than nothing.

I also saw a few of these on Ebay but havent found any new ones as of late maybe we are finally getting close to have these in our hands :).

I bought a 4g micro w/adapter from newegg on a saturday, and had it at the house on tuesday all for $23.44. shipping is high for 3 day, but i didn't care.

What adapter did you buy? Or do you mean it came with an SD/Mini SD adapter?

I still haven't bought one, since I picked up a cheap 4gig MSPD a few weeks ago, and I'm kinda wanting to wait it out for that Photofast one instead of getting one from Deal Extreme. :whistle2:k

They also have the CR-3100 for 49.99 which is a SD/SDHC to MS Duo adapter

_1221772308.jpg

http://www.shopdigi.com/product.aspx?pf_id=CR-3100

I went ahead and ordered mine from them and I got my shipping confirmation a minute ago I'll let you know when I get it and how it works out.

Hey guys I got mine today and it works great
Heres some pics below I have only one 8GB microSD in there right now I'll post t/m when I have 2 in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. I'd be interested in the 1-slot adapter for a little less, $25 is a bit steep for me. I only have 2GB cards, anyway, so having two in at once wouldn't be too much more convenient than switching.

bread's done
Back