Contest (CAG Foreplay #50): Win Shipwreck's E3 Swag

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #50, I collected some E3 swag and here is your chance to have it clutter up your dwelling space.

[IMG-C=230]1405[/IMG-C] Here's the stuff I think we covered on the show. Regulation size Tecmo Bowl foam finger, Gamecock socks with high quality thread count, Gamecock button, Ninjatown button of adorable baby Ninja, and multi-tool from The Agency. The multi-tool actually has some branding on it and says "The Agency" on one arm and has the U.N.I.T.E. logo on the other arm.

[IMG-C=230]1404[/IMG-C] We forgot to mention this print from South Peak's X-Blades. Will look great framed above any home's mantle. Makes a great discussion piece and as an added bonus, you can time how long it takes for your friends to find her face. My best time: 6.34 seconds.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay. One winner will be chosen at random.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of things and games that I was excited to see at E3. I already knew that Gears of War 2 was going to be awesome, so I am going to give my vote to the Xbox 360 dashboard/experience overhaul. This includes the new layout, 8-person chat, Netflix streaming, etc. It can really turn the Xbox 360 into more of a media hub.

Not really a game but I'd have to say the new Xbox Experience. As for games I'd say Bionic Commando... It was there right?

For me, it probably would have been Bungie's announcement, if they had made it. So it would have to be Rock Band 2. They're doing everything right. They aren't forcing me to buy new instruments. They use a la carte pricing with weekly downloads. Allowing us to export Disc 1 songs. They even got a song from Chinese Democracy!

The only negative thing is that my wife's go to song is Roxanne by the Police. She's not a great singer(don't worry she won't read this) and Sting can't even sing this song anymore so you can imagine her version. Oh well, it's the only game that I get to play with my her. I'll take what I can get.

My vote has to go to Mirror's Edge. I'm not much of a parkour fan, but the game not only looks beautiful but it seems to have a very unique take on platforming. The non-emphasis on combat makes it seem as if the core focus of the game is on platforming which excites me even more given the game takes place from a first person perspective. Given that the main thing I loved about Assassin's Creed was climbing and running around the city, playing a game where this is the core mechanic is an instant winner in my book.

I think Resident Evil 5 with Co-Op was a big surprise to me and makes re-think about buying this. At first I was like ok here is another RE game and don't get me wrong RE 4 was great but i'm just glad they threw in Co-Op. The New Prince of Persia looked really awesome with those cel-shaded graphics! I really can't wait to play that game because i'm a big fan of the last gen games. So i'm giving my nomination to The New Prince of Persia cause the AI teamwork looked really good with the flow of the gameplay and the team attacks looked pretty brutal. Can't wait for that game!

I was impressed by Fat Princess. Seriously, the idea is awesome, the style is cel-shaded and is awesome in the waters of brown and grey. It's something that got my attention right away and it's hard stop thinking about it once you bring it up.

Was hard to choose between Fable 2 and Fallout 3. I'm going with Fable 2, it looks amazing can't wait to play it :)

For me, it's Rock Band 2. Seeing the setlist and knowing you can transfer the old songs got me really excited for it. It's only a few weeks away!

I am excited about a lot, but I guess I am most excited about the Xbox Live Primetime games. The whole "new Xbox experience" in general is exciting but actually winning stuff is always a win in my book.

I am most excited for Fable 2. Peter Molineux always gets me with that accent and how he always says his game is going to make you "piss pants" yourself.

I think it's gotta be either Rock Band 2. To this day I have never bought any of those guitar games and I'm glad I've waited it off, since the games/accessories get better and better. Being able to play most of the songs from the first is AWESOME.

Fallout 3 was way cool! I can't wait to try it out! The footage on X-Play looked fun! If it's nothing more than "Oblivion With Guns" I'm fine with that!!

Animal Crossing, yeah I'm disappointed in the game being the same AC with a new small city added but its still AC with a small new city added..

Blah, E3 personally. But if I had to choose, I'll say Fat princess sounded cool. Maybe Fable 2. Mirrors Edge looked good, but I have no intention of playing (not a First Person View kinda guy).

Fallout 3 looks the most promising. Although I wonder if it will have lots of bugs or at least uneven gameplay, maybe similar in some ways to the great, yet imperfect Mass Effect.

My favorite game at the show was either Fallout 3 or Mirror's Edge. I am stoked for both but if I had to choose one it would be Fallout 3.

Fallout 3, and I'm actually excited about the Netflix compatibility as well. I think my wife and I will get much use out of the Instant Watch feature!

Probably Rockband 2 because they did everything they needed to to please the fans, RE5 looks pretty sweet too

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, because I have been dying to see some gameplay of it. Also, along with NaB was the original Banjo being announced for Xbox Live Arcade.

my favorite game of e3 would be gta for ds and rockband 2 cause it's freaking sweet. though watching the new vid on youtube from guitarherogames gh on tour is a blatin ripoff of rockband 2. exept there drums suck balls and in the video they said you could use your guitar as a keyboard? wtf? how the fuck does that work? its a guitar not a piano

Wii Music! More instruments than Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and all incarnations of Guitar Hero combined! Wii Music FTW!

the game that really impressed me at E3 was resistance 2. what really stood out to me was the stunning graphics, and the scale of the enemies which resembles the scale of the enemies used in shadow of the colossus and gears of war 2. there were a lot of very good games that were presented at e3, but resistance 2 takes the #1 spot out of the whole e3 show.

Resident Evil 5 blew me away. I never really looked much into it before E3, but it's showing there made me go out and reserve it directly after watching its performance. Simply breathtaking, to say the least.

I'm always glad to see more of Dead Space, and I was nicely surprised by Left 4 Dead. I had written it off as multi-player fluff, but it actually looks fun.

Without a doubt, Mirror's Edge is the new hotness. Mirror's Edge is this year's Skate. With so many awesome unique experiences from EA, it undoubtedly astounds me that EA and Activision have done such a big flip-flop role reversal. I am genuinely excited about almost every EA title coming out whereas Activision's offerings (except MUA2) are looking rather meh. Kudos to Riccitellio (or however you spell it).

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I was actually wowed by Mirrors Edge as well. Additional surprise factor that such a thing could come from an EA studio.[/quote]

I actually thought this was pretty funny. EA developed Skate last year and will be putting out Battlefield Heroes, Dead Space, Mercenaries 2, Dragon Age (hopefully?), and LotR: Conquest this year. They'll also be publishing Rock Band 2 and Left 4 Dead. If I'm not mistaken, EA is the new star player in the videogame world. Now, if they could just get off their asses and make some good use of the Bullfrog and Origin licenses, we'll be set.

Sidenote: DICE, BioWare and Pandemic are owned by EA and are thus "EA studios."

I'd have to say Little Big Planet. It just keeps getting better and better each time I see it and I can't wait to create levels for it and costumes and such. Resistance 2 is a very close 2nd for me.

Fable 2. Only because I loved the first one so much, really the E3 coverage was half assed at best. E3 wise I would say Lego Batman looks much better then one could have thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back