Logitech Playgear Pocket DS Lite

[quote name='jkam']I noticed Logitech is finally making a new Playgear case for the PSP slim and it seems as though they are also making one for the DS Lite. It doesn't look as good to me as the PSP playgear but I really like that case so I may have to give this a shot as well. I hope it isn't too bulky. Both are due out in August.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/portable/nintendo_ds/devices/4568&cl=us,en[/quote]

I like it from what I see on that page. It holds games. I hate that when I take my PSP on a trip, I have to pack my games separately because there isn't anywhere to put them in the PSP case. With that DS case, you can take 5 games with you, assuming that you leave one in the system.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I always figured the Armor Lite case was the equivalant for the DS
81hq-NDHsHL._SL500_AA280_.gif

Just adds a thin layer of protective plastic and its clear so you could slip in artwork if you wanted a custom design or something. This new Playgear looks unnecessarily thick. The DS doesn't need that much protection. I've had mine since launch and its taken a decent amount of abuse, including a couple sidewalk drops :lol: Still going strong though!

[quote name='CouRageouS']I always figured the Armor Lite case was the equivalant for the DS
81hq-NDHsHL._SL500_AA280_.gif

Just adds a thin layer of protective plastic and its clear so you could slip in artwork if you wanted a custom design or something. This new Playgear looks unnecessarily thick. The DS doesn't need that much protection. I've had mine since launch and its taken a decent amount of abuse, including a couple sidewalk drops :lol: Still going strong though![/QUOTE]

I had the armor lite but I didn't like that I couldn't take it in and out of the case easily. I prefer that when I'm playing the system it would be away from its case. I also didn't like the slight but extra weight the armor lite added.

I use a MadCatz Game-On case. Stores 3 DS carts nicely on top, and doesn't get in the way of the controls at all.

Looks too bulky for me, I have the Armor Lite and it's perfect.

I don't really think a DS *needs* a case like this due to the clamshell design, as opposed to the PSP with its huge exposed screen (can't wait to get a Playgear Pocket for my Slim).

[quote name='Rocko']Looks too bulky for me, I have the Armor Lite and it's perfect.

I don't really think a DS *needs* a case like this due to the clamshell design, as opposed to the PSP with its huge exposed screen (can't wait to get a Playgear Pocket for my Slim).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm wondering how bulky it will be. I think I'll wait to see it in person or for a review or 2. I agree though I'm not sure the DS needs a case like this either. The psp slim one will be sweet.

bread's done
Back