Former NFL player Reggie White dead at age 43

Fatesealer

CAGiversary!
Wow... the guys on ESPN were just stunned this morning... a huge loss to the NFL family... unbelivable... prayers to the family...

[quote name='Trakan']Did it say how he died? Is there an article out there?[/quote]

He died of a massive heart attack Sunday morning. No articles yet... it's still breaking news at this point, but ESPN is now talking about it with former players and reporters...

I just heard this in the last 15 minutes or so of NFL Matchup or whatever on ESPN, and I'm really surprised. He was really young and it's sad to see that he's gone. RIP Reggie White.

I was driving up to BB when the news broke on WIP. It was sorrowful to listen to the calls from people who literraly lived with him in Philly and mourned his loss. He will be missed.

I'm stunned. The guy was a hall-of-fame-bound player and an even better person. The Minister of Defense will be remembered and missed.

i thought i read somewhere that he had died from a sleeping disease. where you stop breathing for random intervals when you are sleeping, and just never started breathing again. heres a quote:

Through the family pastor, Sara White confirmed her husband's death, saying that she believes White died of respiratory failure related to his sleep apnea. An autopsy is to be performed to determine the exact cause of death, which was not immediately known.

thats from the article.

RIP but if it was indeed a heart attack you have to wonder why a well conditioned former athlete dies from that. i really hope it doesn't come out that he wa son roids or something

[quote name='jlarlee']RIP but if it was indeed a heart attack you have to wonder why a well conditioned former athlete dies from that. i really hope it doesn't come out that he wa son roids or something[/quote]
My Dad said the same thing when I told him about White.

Keep in mind he was over 300 lbs and had sleep apnea, both big risk factors for heart disease.

A tragedy, not because he was a football player but because he died in his prime and leaves behind a wife and two kids.

He did not have heart disease. He had Sarcoidosis which affected his breathing and subsequently affected the rhythm of his heart. He did not have a heart attack, he had an arrhythmia (his heart had an irregular rhythm that caused his death)

RIP

[quote name='magforce x']He did not have heart disease. He had Sarcoidosis which affected his breathing and subsequently affected the rhythm of his heart. He did not have a heart attack, he had an arrhythmia (his heart had an irregular rhythm that caused his death)

RIP[/quote]

Looks like the latest is a lung problem. Athletes passing away like that remind me of my darkest day as a sports fan the day Reggie Lewis died

bread's done
Back