Square Enix's DKΣ3713 rearranged makes REMAKE7

Ziarka

CAGiversary!
Well I just happened to notice this from qj.net
http://xbox360.qj.net/It-s-a-stretch-DKS3713-rearranged-spells-out-REMAKE-7-/pg/49/aid/122871
and I thought it was pretty funny and I was wondering what you guys think about this. I'm not trying to pull up people hopes or anything i just thought this was pretty interesting. But hey this may actually be real even though the event is already over :/ but maybe its a hint for the future. ( which I'm hoping for :])

I don't think anyone should get too excited, because it just won't happen anytime soon (internally at Square Enix, they already have too many projects going on which explains why they're struggling to get games out within a decent time frame).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I don't think anyone should get too excited, because it just won't happen anytime soon (internally at Square Enix, they already have too many projects going on which explains why they're struggling to get games out within a decent time frame).[/quote]

I wouldn't doubt if it's been in development since they first showed the tech demo back in 05. Development from 05-09 is four years, more than enough time to pull it off.

[quote name='Scorch']I wouldn't doubt if it's been in development since they first showed the tech demo back in 05. Development from 05-09 is four years, more than enough time to pull it off.[/QUOTE]Actually, they made a FFVIII tech demo on PS2, and was there ever a FFVIII remake on PS2?? The thing is, the production team is REALLY only large enough to really work on two projects (they are currently doing two FFXIII games, FF Dissidia, Sigma Harmonics, etc.), so they are actually doing more than they can. The only way they could develop it (or a KH3) is the outsource it. Once the first production team finishes FFXIII, they may have time to develop it. Every article on the net (and those close to Square Enix) have basically said the same thing. It's just not coming any time soon (and yes, I'm a HUGE FFVII fan and badly want to see a remake, but I know it just isn't coming yet).

if they are going to do, remake it and shut the fuck up... I hate all this play play crap, if you gonna do, do and just say you're going to do it. [when the time is right of course]

[quote name='fillican']I would rather play final fantasy VII-2 but that is just me. :)[/QUOTE]

try Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII

[quote name='Thomas96']if they are going to do, remake it and shut the fuck up... I hate all this play play crap, if you gonna do, do and just say you're going to do it. [when the time is right of course][/quote]

What if they just aren't going to do it.

Would a remake with just better graphics really sell? I liked 7 a lot, but I have no reason to play it again if it's just a graphics update, especially not if it would cost more than $20. I'm not saying it won't sell, but I doubt it will get the same numbers as a new game in the series (XIII). I'd be more interested in either a sequel to 7, a sequel to tactics (the best FF game ever), or a total remake of 7, keeping the basic story as an outline, but redesigning the entire game (maybe keep something similar to the materia system, which beats almost everything they've done since). Think the current battlestar galactica compared the the original series I guess.

[quote name='happy']What if they just aren't going to do it.

Would a remake with just better graphics really sell? I liked 7 a lot, but I have no reason to play it again if it's just a graphics update, especially not if it would cost more than $20. I'm not saying it won't sell, but I doubt it will get the same numbers as a new game in the series (XIII). I'd be more interested in either a sequel to 7, a sequel to tactics (the best FF game ever), or a total remake of 7, keeping the basic story as an outline, but redesigning the entire game (maybe keep something similar to the materia system, which beats almost everything they've done since). Think the current battlestar galactica compared the the original series I guess.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I can go through FFVII again, just with better graphics... honestly, I'd love to see a FFVII Advent children action game, or action RPG. Give me advent children in the crisis core style and I can live with that.

You know... if they remake 7 but not as an RPG, they should make it into a pure action game, like DMC, and Ninja Gaiden with various RPG elements and keep the Materia system intact. That would make me rebuy FFVII, you get get a next gen block buster, but its a retelling of the store. Just like New Super Mario brothers. (sort of)

I'd be interested in an FF7 remake solely to have a decent translation of the game. Updated graphics would really just be a nice bonus.

I would rather have Squeenix finish the copious amounts of FFXIII games that are supposed to come out before we get a remake of a game that we've already played.

I'm pretty sure they plan on releasing FFXIII first before working on a FFVII remake if they ever do. :p So whoose here going to Best Buy next saturday to look stupid and go wheres my FFVII remake!

I want a remake that's worthy of a "Complete" title. Include the Nibblehiem incident, epilouge, and outside of that, a graphic update and clean translation. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Of course it is coming, but they are only up to FF4 in remakes as of right now.

FFI and FFII are on PSP, FFIII and the recently released FFIV are on DS.

There had already been rumors of FFVII being released through the PSN, but in it's PSX form. Would be cool if they could update the graphics, and leave the bulk of the code alone, and sell it for cheap.

I'd play FFVII.

It's prolly the most "sci fi" out of all the FF's - right?

I generally despise final fantasies, but this one's setting was cool. I never played it myself but had a few buddies that did and I've checked out many of the cutscenes.

It was the first more modern approach to Final Fantasy and so they decided to go with a more industrial look. There is science, mutation, evolution involved, so I guess it's kinda scifi. It's definitely less fantasy setting than more current Final Fantasies.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Jesus fucking Christ - *enough* with the remake talk![/QUOTE]
Agreed. Knowing Squeenix, it'll happen eventually anyway -_-

In the meantime, they should at least reprint the game and/or make it available on PSN. It's absurd that it's been out of print for so long with all the new fans being brought into the fold (and the old ones finding their way back).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']FF7 on DS.[/quote]
I'd be interested in that. If only to see how well it could be done.

bread's done
Back