CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
We are happy to announce that the SOCOM Confrontation Public Beta 1.50
Patch will be released on Monday, October 6th, at 1200 GMT/UTC
(8am EDT,
5am PDT, 1pm BST, 9pm JST).

The SOCOM Confrontation 1.50 patch addresses the following issues:

Fixed an issue where some players were invisible and invincible.
Fixed an issue where the scoreboard, round complete and game complete
screens where not displaying player names.
Fixed an issue where players would not see any indication that they were
receiving damage until they were killed.
Fixed numerous stability issues.
Fixed an issue where the latency detection was detecting abnormal
latency and freezing player input but the red X was not being displayed.
Further improved the latency detection.
Fixed numerous framerate hitches during gameplay.
Fixed an issue where the round does not end after the satchel is
detonated.
Fixed an issue where the satchel would teleport when being disarmed.
Fixed an issue where the game host could not kill VIPs.
Fixed many issues with Private Games and game invites.
Fixed an issue where the controller preset would change unintentionally.
Improvements in displaying stats in the leaderboards.
Fixed issues with sending and revoking clan invites.
Fixed many lag pedal exploits.

Enabled Motion Sensor Auto-Detect Horizon option by default. This
should help a lot of players who are having problems with the SixAxis
lean when not holding the controller perfectly straight. For players
looking for increased precision, this option should be turned off and
the sensitivity turned up.

The main purpose of this patch is to address a number of issues with the
game. We are still reading player feedback in the forums and will be
making future changes to the game based on that feedback.

Please note, the network latency detection was functioning in the last
patch but the red X icon was not displaying. This caused users to freeze
with no indication as to why they were freezing. We've fixed this issue
and the network latency icon is displaying once again. Please report in
the SOCOM Confrontation PlayStation.com forums if you are seeing the "red
X" disconnect icon under normal gameplay conditions.

Regards,
SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

http://socom.us.playstation.com/default.aspx
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Early next week, we will be releasing the SOCOM Confrontation Public Beta 1.50 Patch. In order to have ample time to test it, we are extending the Public Beta until midnight PDT Thursday, October 9th. We will have more details on the patch itself soon.

We are using these extra few days to test the patch but we are still on schedule to release in North America on October 14th. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope you have been enjoying the Public Beta.

Regards,
SOCOM Confrontation Online Team
[/FONT]
We will be performing server maintenance and rolling out a new patch on September 9th at 5am PDT, 1200 GMT. The SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation game servers will be unavailable during the maintenance. The server maintenance is not expected to last longer than 1 1/2 hours.

SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta 1.10 Patch

* Adds support for European EULAs.
* Adds support for dedicated servers located in Europe and Australia.
* Addresses a number of stability and late joining issues.
* Reduce the volume of the proximity chat by 50%.

The server maintenance and patch are not meant to address all issues. We will have more updates to both the server and client in the future.

Regards,
SOCOM Confrontation Online Team
We apologize to everyone for the inconvenience of the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta delay. However, I am happy to say that everything has now been worked out and the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta will go live in North America tomorrow for anyone who has preordered at GameStop/EB GAMES. You must be registered for the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta using the instructions provided on the GameStop/EB GAMES SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta voucher to get your SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta code.

Assuming you've already registered, here is what to expect. At around 10am Pacific Daylight Time, e-mails containing the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta PSN codes will start going out in bursts. The e-mails will start arriving at e-mail in-boxes throughout the day. The e-mail will be sent to the PSN login e-mail address you provided when you registered for the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta. To redeem the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta PSN code, use the following steps:

• Go to the PLAYSTATION® Network Icon on the PLAYSTATION®3 XMB™ (XrossMediaBar).
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Select “Account Management.”[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Select “Transaction Management.”[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Choose “Redeem PLAYSTATION® Network Card or Promotion Code.”[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Enter the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta code which you received in the e-mail.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Click “Continue.”[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The download will be available on the next screen.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Redeem and download your own SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta client first, then give the code to two other friends.[/FONT]
[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I look forward to seeing you all on-line in the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta.[/FONT]
Hi folks,

Well, I've got some good and not so good news. The good news is that we are still on track to delivering a kick-ass experience come October. The bad news is that because we are working so hard to ensure the final product is fantastic, we've decided to push back the Public Beta date just a few days in order to bump up the experience even more. So, the new launch date for the Public Beta is now Friday, September 5th (QORE members will start the following Friday, September 12).

The other good news is that we are not cutting down the length of the Public Beta one bit. It will still run for a full month - from 9/5 to 10/5 - so you and your clanmates can still practice as long as you want and then be ready to go for the full game later in October.

Myself, my team and Slant Six are burning the midnight oil to ensure this game is the best it can possibly be for you guys. We completely understand it’s hard to wait when you haven't had a chance to play it yet but, rest assured, the wait will be worth it. If you haven't done it already, you can pre-order the game from GameStop® in the US to get into the Public Beta (EB Games™ for our brethren to the North). Make sure to bring along 2 extra friends once you register and get the email promo code from us; that code will let them in too. You're not going to get another Public Beta out there that will give you and your squad-mates so much access.

Best,
Seth
Out October 14th, $39.99-$59.99.

socom-w-headset.jpg

I'm happy to announce we have finalized our release plans for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation. On the week of October 14th, you'll be able to pick up one of the following versions of SOCOM: Confrontation in North America.

$59.99 SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
(Bundle Version)

Includes SOCOM Confrontation, a newly designed Bluetooth® Headset for the PLAYSTATION®3 system and exclusive Behind the Scenes videos.

$39.99 SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation
(Stand Alone Version)

For all of the people who want SOCOM: Confrontation on a disc. Does not include the headset or the Behind the Scenes videos.

$39.99 SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation on the
PlayStation Network

SOCOM Confrontation downloadable from the PSN without ever leaving you couch. Does not include the headset or the Behind the Scenes videos.

Details for the rest of the world will be announced by the regional Sony Computer Entertainment offices, but our goal is to have a simultaneous world wide release.

Let the preordering begin!

General
Think I will ge tthe PSN version, love not having to swap discs and I already have a headset. What about the rest of you?

'm happy to be able to share information on the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Public Beta.

When does it start?
The SOCOM Confrontation Public Beta will start on September 1st and end on September 30th; a whole month of SOCOM goodness.

How to Get In?
There are two ways to get into the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta

GameStop Preorder Campaign
Some of you may have already seen we have started an exclusive preorder Public Beta campaign with GameStop. If you preorder SOCOM: Confrontation at GameStop, not only will you be able to access the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta on day 1 but you will also be able to share the code you receive from Sony PlayStation with two friends as well. SOCOM is all about team work and what better way to encourage team work than to make it easy for you and a couple of friends to get online in the Public Beta. We want you to spread the word about SOCOM and share the experience with your friends so get down to your local GameStop and pick up your voucher or pre-order here.

[FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
2740139484_23cf6a1efa.jpg
2739300633_baa1828a36.jpg
[/FONT]

QORE™ presented by the PLAYSTATION®Network
If you downloaded the June issue of QORE, you, too, will be able to participate. You will be able to download the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta from within the application starting on September 8th and play through to September 30th.

The Fine Print
This should be obvious, but you must have a PSN account in order to download and participate in the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta. You can sign up for a PSN account online.

This information only applies for North America. Details about the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta in other parts of the world will be announced by the regional Sony Computer Entertainment offices.

Let the Games Begin!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see they're doing a stand alone disc, unlike warhawk, which means we'll be able to get it cheap down the road.

I wish the PSN version would be offered earlier so we could get the download started then get online right away with the BD crowd.

October is going to kill me! SOCOM, LBP & RockBand!

I want that headset bad. I'm sick of fooling around with my moto.

[quote name='Sarrasis']October is going to kill me! SOCOM, LBP & RockBand!

I want that headset bad. I'm sick of fooling around with my moto.[/quote]

I've been using the 2 moto headsets I have and have been disappointed overall with the online chat quality. I always assumed that was "just the way it was" and not the fault of the headsets.

Do you think a diff headset will really make a difference?

I'd hate to pick up another one just to be disappointed again.

[quote name='happy']Nice to see they're doing a stand alone disc, unlike warhawk, which means we'll be able to get it cheap down the road.[/QUOTE]

What?

So hyped for this. I will be snagging the bundle for the headset even though I already have 2, since this mic is integrated with the PS3 OS meaning that if you change the volume it will show up on the screen and so on.

[quote name='smiggity']So hyped for this. I will be snagging the bundle for the headset even though I already have 2, since this mic is integrated with the PS3 OS meaning that if you change the volume it will show up on the screen and so on.[/QUOTE]
Where do you see this? I'm skeptical it's anything other than a standard bluetooth headset with a PS slapped on it. It looks like an older Sony Ericsson model - that thick earpiece gives it away. (That makes sense, I guess.)

Pre-order at Gamestop and get in the beta.

image.axd

Reserve SOCOM: Confrontation and receive access to the multiplayer Team Beta.

Online / In-Store Pickup Customers: Your code and instructions will be emailed to you. Please provide a valid email address at time of reservation.

Store Customers: Your code and instructions will be provided at time of reservation. NOTE: Information will be available in stores beginning the week of 8/11. Please contact store to confirm availability.

i guess the big important points about the headset is that is has a mute button. from what ive read its going to be the official headset of ps3.

the game is developted by Slant Six Games. They did a Syphon Filter game (psp), as well as a tactical Socom Game for PSP. They are really working with the community to make the game everyone wants (no vehicles!!)

This game is online only, going to ship w/ 7 maps, 32 players, going to be a lot like SOCOM 2 (which was way better than 3 or combined assault in lots of peoples opinion including mine). Its going to be sick, i bought a ps3 just for socom.

icoreyi

I bitched and bitched and bitched back in 2006 about Sony's lack of games, high price, blah blah -- while working in one of their studios, no less! -- and now I am gladly eating every single one of my words. 2008 is indeed the year of the Playstation. $40 game via digital distribution? Yes, please! I fucking love you guys.

On the PSblog.

We normally wait until Saturdays to fill you in on the world of SOCOM, but with the news breaking yesterday and today – we thought you might want the goods a bit sooner. You’ve been asking about this for some time, and now we’re happy to share the info: the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation public beta deploys in September.

Those of you who purchased Episode 1 of Qore (or subscribed) will join the fray Monday, September 8th. Those of you that pre-order the full game can get started a week earlier.

Pre-order from where? How long does the beta last? How many friends can you share your beta with? (Yes, I said “share!”) The good folks at SOCOM.com have the answers you’re looking for.

I am trying to decide btw the disc version and the downloable version...I really like having games on my hard drive so I don't have to swap discs but I also like having a physical copy so I can trade it in when I'm tired of the game.

I really wish Sony would incentivize the purchase of the downloadable copy by offering it at a discounted price.

[quote name='ivanctorres']I really wish Sony would incentivize the purchase of the downloadable copy by offering it at a discounted price.[/quote]

I read about the reasoning behind BD + downloadable versions being priced the same somewhere but it has been a while. I think there is an issue with retailers that would have issues with a price difference.

My GS is notorious for not having pre-order bonuses available at the time of pre-order.

I hope I don't have to search for a GS that has the codes...

If I understand correctly they will have these codes available at GS on 8/11?
EDIT: GS site says 8/11 . I answered my own question :)

i wonder if the BT headset has noise cancellation, or if the game has the option to use the PS3 to do noise cancellation.

I use an Aliph Jawbone which has great noise cancellation; but i could use a second headset since i get sick of unsynching & resynching it from my phone to my PS3 & back.

[quote name='TURBO']i wonder if the BT headset has noise cancellation, or if the game has the option to use the PS3 to do noise cancellation.

I use an Aliph Jawbone which has great noise cancellation; but i could use a second headset since i get sick of unsynching & resynching it from my phone to my PS3 & back.[/quote]Doubtful. As nice as this bundled headset looks, it's still a bundled set. It can't be that great and I certainly don't think it comes anywhere close to the functionality of a Jawbone.

I picked up my beta code from GS while picking up Madden 09 and it explains the process on the back:

1. Go to publicbeta.socom.com to redeem your Beta Clearance Code and register for the SOCOM: Confrontation Public Beta. You'll need to provide your PSN ID and email address along with agreeing to the beta agreement.

2. Once the public beta is available, your Beta Promotion Code will be emailed to you at the email address you provided.

3. Redeem the Beta Promotion Code on the PSN and then share the code with two friends to join you in the Public Beta.

So it seems like the code you get is usable twice after you use it. Then it says that the Clearance Code has to be redeemed by 9/23/08.

Edit: Please don't send me PMs begging for codes, as I've plans for the two I've got to share.

Okay cool. Do you think we need a beta code sharing thread or to try using one of the older ones because a brotha is going to need a hook up. ;)

[quote name='DestroVega']shouldn't the PSN version be like 29.99 if they are selling physical copies for 39.99?[/quote]

No not really, there are cost involved with both formats. You have to pay to have physical copies printed, but digital storage and transfer also costs money.

Just picked this up (i ordered the one with the headset)..i bought a PS3 yesterday and this is one of the games i have been waiting for to buy the console...im pretty excited.....both my 360's are like "who the fuck is this guy!??!"

General GS question relating to SOCOM...

I put down $5 for MGS4 to get the MGO beta. I ended up getting the game from CC to get the free guide and never picked the game up from GS (they technically never called me). Will they let me use the $5 toward MGS4 for SOCOM?

[quote name='Sarrasis']General GS question relating to SOCOM...

I put down $5 for MGS4 to get the MGO beta. I ended up getting the game from CC to get the free guide and never picked the game up from GS (they technically never called me). Will they let me use the $5 toward MGS4 for SOCOM?[/quote]

Yes they should. Just make sure you got the same info as you reserved. I typically just cancel my pre-orders.. you should read the article "gamestop's dirty little secret" about how much money they get from non-redeemed pre-orders.. so GO GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

[quote name='aznguyen316']Yes they should. Just make sure you got the same info as you reserved. I typically just cancel my pre-orders.. you should read the article "gamestop's dirty little secret" about how much money they get from non-redeemed pre-orders.. so GO GET YOUR MONEY BACK![/quote]
Cool. thanks for the response

bread's done
Back