FF XI Beta Testers question

tubtub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
For anyone who was in the FF XI beta for PS2, have you gotten your harddrives yet? Sony said they would mail them so we would get them before the actual game release, and I was just wondering if anyone has actually received it yet.

I havent gotten mine yet but it's been my expierance from the Modem beta test that you usually get your stuff around the same week as the release, not before (they might mail it the same week as the release a few days ahead of time though.) I'm just glad to be getting it for free.

I got the e-mail, but no HDD. I thought they had said we were getting it before release, but since it is free after all I cannot complain. I'll wait, what other choice do we have?

I never recall hearing them say it would be "before" launch, I remember a lot of lame speculation/rumor that someone started in the Gamefaqs boards back during the beta but that was shot down quickly by a statment from Square on the beta site.

All we were proimsed were free copies of the game and the chance to keep out email if we registered before a certain time (which unfortunatly required the purchase of the PC version.)

I found the e-mail they sent way back when telling us to return the harddrive(and they claimed it would be sent out by the old October release date):

In order to receive the retail version of FINAL FANTASY XI and the HDD
prior to or on the release date of the game, we require that you return
the beta HDD by OCTOBER 28, 2003. Please note that we are aiming to
ship items one week prior to FINAL FANTASY XI's release date.
Information related to shipping or tracking of items will not be
available until then.

So I guess we'll start hearing about people getting them any day now hopefully.

The harddrive arrived today. The box just had the Final Fantasy XI retail box inside along with the harddrive and everything. Pretty good to get it the same day its released. I guess everyone else got theirs too today as I'm on the East coast and it shipped from the west.

That's a big negative, mine came on Friday, but since I was not at home then I couldn't get it. I have now to wait on Monday for it. Oh well, free is free, I really can't complain, I'm planning on starting exactly on the 1st.

They shipped to phase 1 first, and so on; suffice to say, I got mine first. It'll be on eBay in a few weeks. :)

lucky ass beta testers..... only cool thing I got to beta test was planet side.. and they only sent me the cd's in the mail.. and the servers were like ALWAYS down.

*kicks dirt and cries*

bread's done
Back