ReRo has a hard-on for Braid, Martin Lawrence, and GGT #70!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus_S_Preston

CAGiversary!
martin_lawrence.jpg

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'] Sometimes, at night, I think about how much I want to feel his biceps on my chest. Then I cry for a while and play some Braid. [/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
'bout to demo some Braid... then Bioshock?

I've been watching 1UP video reviews on my brother's iPod video which I borrowed and bring to work. I missed out on a lot of good games this year because I didn't really follow gaming from last summer to this summer that much.

AND oh yes... someone e-mailed me about my PS3 so I call him (Ron) up and the guy picks up and as I repeatedly say "Hello.. is this Ron?" he keeps almost screaming "Hello!" about 5-6 times. I'll call again in a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, 69 was quick.

Went and saw the new Mummy movie. It was pretty meh. Did not like the new Evy at all. Bring back Rachel Weisz!

Gonna go put in a little time with some Warhawk now.

[quote name='Krymner']Yeah, 69 was quick.
[/quote]

That's what she said.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']

and martin lawrence is a sexy ass bitch when he wants to be... jk... I hope.[/quote]

BigMommasHouse.jpg

That reminds me; are there any good 360 sticks for arcade games? Like, I'm not big on fighters, so I would use it mostly for XBLA titles.

Hmmm. noice.

And I'm thinking if I can sell my PS3 and everything for what I want. ($800-900) I might get a cheap HD-DVD 360 Add-on for my hi-def movie fix. I can probably get the add-on for $20 and movies are typically $5-10 each. I don't watch too many movies so the HD DVD library is probably chock full of stuff I haven't seen.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']That reminds me; are there any good 360 sticks for arcade games? Like, I'm not big on fighters, so I would use it mostly for XBLA titles.[/quote]

I got the Hori EX2 from Gamestop for $40. It is real good for XBLA or fighters.

[quote name='nyprimus4']

I got the Hori EX2 from Gamestop for $40. It is real good for XBLA or fighters.[/quote]

Do you have a pic? I can't find it on the Gamestop site.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It's kind of nice not having any games to buy until the end of the month.[/quote]
Same here... except I have anime DVDs I need to buy. Code Geass, Black Lagoon: Second Barrage and To Heart. Just when I thought my money was safe anime DVDs I want pop up out of nowhere. :lol:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It's kind of nice not having any games to buy until the end of the month.[/quote]I sort of need to buy a game now (Geometry Wars DS isn't really something that keeps me occupied), but I've put off FFIV long enough that I'll just wait for a price drop. Maybe From the Abyss on the 25th? If not, I've got nothin till DQIV.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
as long as the single player portion is almost as meaty as the multi, I don't mind, but I can't buy into online only based things such as warhawk, and whatever else.[/quote]

To continue from the last thread....I agree.

DMK's comments where just his typical spouting off about next gen stuff he knows nothing about since he refuses to go next gen crap.

Most online games, especially FPS, have very good single player modes as well IMO. Case in point, Gears of War. Probably my favorite single player/local co-op game of this generation so far. Having a huge online following didn't hurt it's single player at all.

Only thing I could see for most of these games like Gears, CoD4, Halo 3 etc. is that the single player is shorter than in older FPS games. That's a fair criticism. I don't mind as I prefer games to be no longer than 10 or so hours for the most part these days--granted most of those are shorter.

Replay value has to be factored in. I'm on my 5th campain in Gears and I seldom ever replay games. Played through in co-op Casual and Hardcore at a buddies when it first came out as I didn't have a 360 back then. I picked it up late spring and played through in solo on casual, and in co-op on hardcore and I'm slogging through insane in co-op with a buddy still.

So, my long winded point is that DMKs "online is killing single player gaming" is unfounded. Most of these games are the best of both worlds. Grreat (if a bit shorter) single player along with robust online modes to add replay value for those that enjoy both single player and online multiplayer.

yeah, gears was good, but largely because it forced you to not fuck up do to the whole one life thing. this made not only winning but surviving important. thus I enjoy it more. plus the single player was a blast to be honest.

and yeah, heavy rain looks good but no details... >_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, gears was good, but largely because it forced you to not fuck up do to the whole one life thing. this made not only winning but surviving important. thus I enjoy it more. plus the single player was a blast to be honest.

and yeah, heavy rain looks good but no details... >_

[quote name='willardhaven']Anybody know what Naughty Dog is up to next? Insomniac is really killing them this gen.[/quote]

I don't know...I haven't heard from them lately. I hope it's Uncharted 2. >_

so braids like 5 or 6 hours?
then why is everyone gushing over rachet and clank:quest for booty when its suppose to be around the same length and price

Just stumped up the 1200 points for Braid. I'm still not happy about the price but the game is beautifully designed and it looks and sounds fantastic.

Doesn't seem like it has 5.1 sound though, which is my only gripe so far.

DL'ing the Braid demo. I'm still iffy on that price, and even if it blows my cock, I'm not buying it until the Castle Crashers price is finalized; I don't have the excess cash to be going through MS points like Chac goes through stained underwear.

[quote name='Chacrana']I want that awesome faceplate.[/quote]

Yo, I was sad I couldn't get the faceplates the morning GameCrazy had them. So I'm glad I got one finally. But now I want the Yoda one too.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Well, I like Braid's style and art, but...I mean, is that it? You...collect puzzle pieces? And...is that it?[/quote]
That's the only thing holding me back. If it were 800 space points I would be on it like white on rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back