Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning

EvilJester

CAGiversary!
Hey CAG peoples!
I thought that with the September 18 release of WAR I thought I'd ask you the questions.

What Race?
What Class?
Looking forward to the game?

I'm looking forward to making a dwarf ironbreaker!
*squee*

I'm in the beta now so I will try it then just end up signing up when i have the extra time and cash some time after beta. Only thing that sucks is they are using a torrent to host the files. No one is really seeding so to get the beta files it is going to take about 4 days it says. Also I just saw I was invited to it and I am geting it from the beta site that is linked on warhammeronline.com. Any one know of a way to get the files not with a torrent.

Dark Elf Sorceress I think will be my main. Then my main alternate will probably be a Dwarven Runepriest on another server.

[quote name='sendme']I'm in the beta now so I will try it then just end up signing up when i have the extra time and cash some time after beta. Only thing that sucks is they are using a torrent to host the files. No one is really seeding so to get the beta files it is going to take about 4 days it says. Also I just saw I was invited to it and I am geting it from the beta site that is linked on warhammeronline.com. Any one know of a way to get the files not with a torrent.[/quote]

ya, i think it saves them money.......some how
i just remember that blizzard started suddenly doing it

but to the point, i downloaded it, installed it, patched it.......and the servers are down?......silly i say

I'm gonna be a goblin squig herder!

http://www.road-to-war.com
If you go to this site and register you can win exclusive items for Warhammer Online. Would appreciate it if you use [email protected] as the referral..

Also, here's some heads for destruction for anyone interested!

http://site59733-trial.mmoguildsites.net/pages/heads

Also direct links for people who can't get that site to work!

http://www.road-to-war.com/headembed.html?guid=0e852857-e3e4-4e1e-9805-fdf156978c18&uid=802657

http://www.road-to-war.com/headembed.html?guid=f4ac6ff2-8cc7-4553-883b-9a299d97dc17&uid=802657

http://www.road-to-war.com/headembed.html?guid=2d0332f6-c6fc-41ed-8784-514cf686453a&uid=802657

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping they would have a tank for Order from Empire but as it stands I will probably be a Warrior Priest and have a Black Orc or Chosen Alt.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']I'm in the closed beta, but I can't install it until Thursday (out of town on bit-ness). The waiting sucks... :([/quote]

Could be worse. I won a buddy key in closed beta and gave it to a friend and multiple waves of invites have gone out since then. He still hasn't been invited to any phases despite it, which I think is quite frankly, bullshit.

I don't mind helping Mythic, but I did put a lot of extra effort into my submissions as well as a significant time sink and it looks like he's going to get into Open Beta off of his Open Beta pre-order code instead of his buddy key I gave him. So what use is the buddy key? Absolutely worthless it seems unless you meet some fairly strict requirements that the invite wave is subject to. (Yes, he more than meet minimum requirements for the game too)

It's not like they're throwing out buddy keys right and left either. So I don't see what the problem is letting all who win them in the next phase.

[quote name='Draekon']
It's not like they're throwing out buddy keys right and left either. So I don't see what the problem is letting all who win them in the next phase.[/quote]

Hmm, I was under the impression that they were going to let everyone from the closed beta into the open...that's slightly bad form on Mythic's part :\

Oh and the waiting sucks more since Mythic closed the gap on teh patch trick....now back to excruciatingly slow torrenting (a whopping 30 kb/s.......with ports forwarded)

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Hmm, I was under the impression that they were going to let everyone from the closed beta into the open...that's slightly bad form on Mythic's part :\

Oh and the waiting sucks more since Mythic closed the gap on teh patch trick....now back to excruciatingly slow torrenting (a whopping 30 kb/s.......with ports forwarded)[/quote]

They are letting everyone from closed beta into open. My bad for not explaining it correctly I guess.

I'm just saying I won a buddy code to get a friend into closed beta with me and he hasn't been invited to closed beta because they put the same restrictions on buddy codes as they do everyone else in that invite wave. He probably has more chance getting into open beta because of his collector's edition open beta pre-order code at this point rather than getting into closed on his buddy key despite multiple waves of invites that have gone out since he recieved a buddy key from me.

Will most likely make a dwarf ironbreaker.

Also, is there no official Warhammer online anticipation thread? Oh guys, don't forget to sign up at the road to war website to play the mini game they set up for exclusive ingame items if your realm wins.

EDIT: I change my mind...I wanna make a black orc! hehehe

Looks like destruction is winning at the moment, they have the players and the gold.

[quote name='sendme']I just got the beta downloaded but can not log into it. Is it the same name and password for https://betacenter.eamythic.com/login.php?[/QUOTE]

No, you need to make a master account at Mythic's website. Took me awhile to figure that out.

I played a little bit yesterday. I don't know can my computer handle the actual game even though I meet the minimum requirements (7600 GT and 2 GB RAM). It's not running at a smooth frame rate. I also need to worry about big fights if my computer can barely handle PVE.

Well I got it working. Just really dont like it all that much. Is their a class that summons?

[quote name='sendme']Well I got it working. Just really dont like it all that much. Is their a class that summons?[/quote]

Not in the traditional sense as far as I can remember. Try a Magus.

Other than that there are pet classes such as a Squig Herder.

I'll give the Magus a try. What server is everyone on? I want to end up trying some of every class. May try to get to level 20 with one then try another and level the one I like the best as high as the beta will let me.

I'm not sure what server I got on. I tried the Magus and it isn't that bad. Played to level 5 and I like the game a little more then when I started but still on the fence on how much I actually like the game.

hey guys. was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem im having with the open beta client. i downloaded the client last night and installed it. the problem im having now is when i click on the desktop shortcut to bring the game up i get this error message.

"The patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher.prod.sig] from the patch server. Please try the patch operation again in a short while"

not sure what that means. any help is greatly appriciated.

[quote name='Rtipper15']hey guys. was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem im having with the open beta client. i downloaded the client last night and installed it. the problem im having now is when i click on the desktop shortcut to bring the game up i get this error message.

"The patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher.prod.sig] from the patch server. Please try the patch operation again in a short while"

not sure what that means. any help is greatly appriciated.[/quote]

The open beta doesn't start until September 7th. The client probably doesn't connect until. Maybe check your connection. It might just be a server problem on Mythic's part though.

ok thanks. i will look into that.

i also checked my closed beta account on WAR.com and saw that i was invited to join the beta. it doesnt say weither its closed or its the open beta that im being invited to but i would assume that its the closed as its under my closed beta account page. i have preordered the Collectors Edition of the game and entered the code on my account page.

when i clicked on the link http://torrent2.eamythic.com/WARBits.torrent to download the closed beta client it came up with a file download box that allowed me to either run, save, or cancel. i originally saved the file to my documents and accessed it from there. i again got the file download box so this time i tryed to run the file. after i click on "run" it trys to pull up a webpage, then crashes and the file download box once again pops up. i have tryed deleteing it from my documents and resaving, which gave me no help. im not sure whats going on and being as i dont know much about torrents im a bit lost on how i would go about fixing this problem.

if anyone can help me with THIS now, that would be great.

I don't think it is worth paying monthly. I'm starting to rethink my order. It isn't bad but also I dont think it is all that good. I will go back to the beta when too human starts to get old.

ok so i downloaded bittorrents and it downloaded the WARbits but now, when i open the folder and click on set up, i again get the same patch error message that i got with the open beta setup.

"the patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher.prod.sig] from the patch server. Please try the patch operation again in a short while"

im not sure if i need to do something before i go to the "setup" shortcut in the WARbits file after it finished downloading or if because i have the open beta client downloaded first if it affects it.

I've played it a few times in beta... Got a witch elf to lvl 7 and a Magus to lvl 5. I'm not really sure if I like the play style of this game. I was really anticipating it, and it's been the talk of all my friends. I don't know how they will feel once they've tried it. One thing I don't like about this game is the targetting issues. IT'S HARD and by the time you do get it targetted someone else has already got it dead. Not, sure if there's anyway to fix this in the user configeration... but I doubt it.

I guess I need to give it more of a try when I'm able to play with friends and get to a certain level. Otherwise my opinion of WoW, will still be greater.

[quote name='Geek in Pink']
Otherwise my opinion of WoW, will still be greater.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind WoW has been out longer, and thus has had more time to be polished. If you are expecting WAR to be at WoW's level of polish at its launch you're doomed to disappointment not only from WAR but any other MMO you try at launch.

I know it's not going to be at WoW's level. But it should be at least somewhat decent. It's just not woo'ing me like I thought it would, that is all. And like I said, I'll probably have a little more fun when my friends can play over the weekend.

[quote name='Rtipper15']ok so i downloaded bittorrents and it downloaded the WARbits but now, when i open the folder and click on set up, i again get the same patch error message that i got with the open beta setup.

"the patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher.prod.sig] from the patch server. Please try the patch operation again in a short while"

im not sure if i need to do something before i go to the "setup" shortcut in the WARbits file after it finished downloading or if because i have the open beta client downloaded first if it affects it.[/quote]

finnaly someone who has my problem!

i got same error but diffrent file "the patch client was unable to retrieve the file [a/nda.myp/ef92607da59cbea5] from the patch server. Please try the patch operation again in a short while"

does it matter if im in saudi arabia?

[quote name='talaljuraifani']finnaly someone who has my problem!

i got same error but diffrent file "the patch client was unable to retrieve the file [a/nda.myp/ef92607da59cbea5] from the patch server. Please try the patch operation again in a short while"

does it matter if im in saudi arabia?[/quote]

From your location, I'd imagine you would need to use the EU servers, and I don't think they are up yet (emphasis on the think part, but I've been wrong before). I know a lot of folks have had problems with the patcher though. The pseudo-official forum is www.warhammeralliance.com. You might find an answer there.

Oh and for everyone in that's in for the preview weekend, the server is up! Let Order triumph!

[quote name='Geek in Pink']I know it's not going to be at WoW's level. But it should be at least somewhat decent. It's just not woo'ing me like I thought it would, that is all. And like I said, I'll probably have a little more fun when my friends can play over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Cool deal, just wanted to warn you as I have seen many hardcore WoW players who've seemingly had expectations of it needing to be at WoW's level for them to play it. I was impressed when I played it, and I think I'll keep subs to both it and WoW when WAR is released. Hope you enjoy the game this weekend :)

one thing I'm worried about this game - it seems Destruction is way more popular than Order, which is gonna make it alittle too one-sided, IMO.

Every time I try my open Beta code it is telling me it is invalid. I figured EA would have taken the time to make the process a little more logical. I followed all the instructions as far as creating a master account first. Maybe I'm just mildly retarted. Not a good start to say the least. I'm glad I only dropped $5 on the offer from Target.

So now that the preview weekend is over, what does everyone think???

So far, I'm almost totally sold, but my excitement has been tempered a bit. I dig on the Public quest idea and the RvR, but something is not hitting the mark completely for me, I just can't put my figure on it.

I have the same opinion as I did a few months ago after joining the closed beta. However, I do have to say they've brought the game a fair ways since I first joined, especially this last month or two. I put a little too much time into the preview weekend (Which hasn't quite ended yet as I type this) clocking in around 15 hours.

chicken.jpg

I'd love to try it out (no Target or other retail location near me to get the pre-order box).

Goblin Squig Herder and Shaman look cool to me, but the White Lion and Dwarf Engineer also look cool.

I dunno.

The Target code misprint's really irked me. Didn't find out about it until after the preview weekend, and even then, only because someone else on a different website mentioned it. No mention of the error on the site page, nor on the /preorder/ page, nor where you input the code. After being unable to input my code, I tried emailing customer support, and no reply. Really, I can understand misprints happen, but dang, from my perspective, they could've handled it a lot better. It doesn't exactly instill me with confidence.

I've been in the Elder Beta for a good while now, and I tried the preview weekend with my wife, but she didn't care for the game much, and I haven't had a lot of fun during the beta myself. I was hoping this would top Mythic's own DAoC for me, but it didn't.(I played that for 2 years)

The biggest issues for me are the characters and classes. I don't like the looks of most of the characters, and I didn't really think the classes were fun to play.

I think the game has some fun moments, but not enough to win me over. So, we're just gonna stick to WoW when WotLK comes out.

bread's done
Back