Feedback
3 (100%)
Stolen from Slickdeals...YMMV but everyone seems to be saying its confirmed

Rock band for 360 and PS3 for $100, the PS2 Version is $70

GH3 ALl Versions $40.00

Hopefully this helps someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='acecombat']Where is this again?? You said SD WTH is that??[/quote]

It says "Guitar Center" right there in the title of the thread.

I heard an ad on local LA radio mentioning at least the GH3 part of this... although in hindsight I don't completely remember if it was the bundle or just the game.

its true. I had to pick up a few things, 2 picks and a few strings. They were out or rock band for 360. but had a few ps3, no wiis. And had a lot of guitar heroes. Not a bad deal if you got one in your area.

Its their anniversary sale, in-store only I believe.

edit: I cant actually recall the price, since i was not very interested in buying either game, but I think the op is right...

[quote name='VaultDweller13']Were they game only or the bundle?[/QUOTE]

bundles, I didn't see any game onlys actually, but then again I wasnlt looking for them. Just noticed the sale sign and the stack of stuff.

Wow, I'll bite on GH3 for $40. There's a Guitar Center attached to the mall nearby. It'll be nice to have a second guitar for Rock Band. I bought the game for the PS2 after Christmas, but I never played it.

EDIT: Leaving now, I'll report back.

The store in OP, Kansas had GH3 for all three systems this morning. Probably around 15 total. I didn't see any rockband bundles but i wasn't looking for them.

I just stopped in at the Dayton Mall location, and I can confirm the deal. There was 1 360 WIRED bundle (which I bought :lol:), 1 PS3 WIRELESS bundle, and 3 PS2 bundles.

So apparently, PS3 bundles are going to be wireless and 360 bundles are going to be wired. I prefer wired anyways, no batteries needed.

There were also around 4 Rock Band bundles for the PS2, priced at $70.

Full price everywhere in Phoenix metro.. they all said "man that's pretty sneaky to have it say xbox starting at 99 because that's the ps2 one." I had them ring it up and they came up as marked at $99 PS2 and $149 PS3/360.

The Guitar Center closest to me (Tucson) had no idea about the sale. They checked the inventory in their computer (or whatever they do) and all the Rock Band bundles were full price.

looks like it is on sale here in philly. gonna run up to plymouth meeting and get it asap. thanks OP

The Store by me in Villa Park Illinois had Guitar hero 3 for Xbox 360, but they only had the bundle with the wired controller. But they had the Wireless bundle for the PS3 and the PS2. All at 39.99. They also had rock band bundles for $100 but I did not check to see what systems. They had a whole stack of them though.

Just got back from Fairlawn, Ohio where I picked up Guitar Hero III (PS3) -$40 and Rockband for PS2 - $70. I wanted the PS3 version of Rock Band, but they were all sold out. That's just fine though, as I went to my local store, bought Rock Band for $30 used, and now for the price of $100, I got both the PS2 and PS3 version of Rockband. All of the PS2 instruments are the same as the PS3 instruments, so this is the best way to get the best deal. Thanks for posting this though, best deal ever!

As I was leaving the store, several of the associates walked over and laid copies in the back because they are going to purchase them later. Go ASAP, as the associates seem like they will buy most of the stock up, and the one girl at the counter had looked up Ebay prices to see if she could re-sell. I can't blame them though, these prices are nuts.

[quote name='crazytalkx']fuck, I don't know if I should bite the bullet or wait for Guitar Hero WT.[/quote]

wait for GHWT, once RB2 comes out, RB bundles will cost about $100 or even less.

[quote name='thesimplicity']The Guitar Center closest to me (Tucson) had no idea about the sale. They checked the inventory in their computer (or whatever they do) and all the Rock Band bundles were full price.[/quote] fuck! I was so excited about this. Thanks anyway OP. >_>

[quote name='darkslime']fuck! I was so excited about this. Thanks anyway OP. >_>[/quote]

The one in San Jose (CA) had signs up and it was definitely on; I bought rb (360), they had 2 or 3 360 versions still sitting on the floor when I left (30 mins ago), as well as 15-20 GH3's (most looked to be PS3/360); there was one sign that said they were $40, and a 2nd sign that said they were $70, but I suspect the 40 is right

They said they had Wii Rock Band's for that price yesterday and sold out very fast as well

thanks op btw! (below around $120 was my tipping point.. =p)

[quote name='spydey']Hmmm...should I bit on this or wait for Rock Band 2?[/quote]

I would buy RB now. You can get both 1 and 2 for around $160 instead of $200+ by doing it the other way around.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Just got back from Fairlawn, Ohio where I picked up Guitar Hero III (PS3) -$40 and Rockband for PS2 - $70. I wanted the PS3 version of Rock Band, but they were all sold out. That's just fine though, as I went to my local store, bought Rock Band for $30 used, and now for the price of $100, I got both the PS2 and PS3 version of Rockband. All of the PS2 instruments are the same as the PS3 instruments, so this is the best way to get the best deal. Thanks for posting this though, best deal ever![/quote]

I did almost the same thing at the Allen Park, Michigan store, but I actually traded in the PS2 version at Gamestop for $15. The 10% off used games coupon meant I walked out of there with the PS3 disc for only $12. I had to stop at a few on the way home to get a copy with instructions and case, but the disc looks new (thanks to Blu-Ray coating.) $82 before tax for a Rock Band 1 setup; not too bad. Almost glad now that they didn't have the PS3 version, since I saved $18 with little effort/gas spent.

[quote name='ospriteo']The store in OP, Kansas had GH3 for all three systems this morning. Probably around 15 total. I didn't see any rockband bundles but i wasn't looking for them.[/QUOTE]

humm on vacation with family in OP maybe I'll swing by tomorrow before the royals game.

[quote name='WiiNet']Anyone seen a Wii bundle for either game?[/quote]

Someone in the Slickdeals thread saw one. There were none at my local store.

One in Santa Clara (Cali.) had many GHIII (I saw PS2, alot of PS3s and a few X360) for $40 and about three Rock Bands left at $100.

I picked up GHIII and Rock Band for myself for about 150. It is like buying Rock Band and getting Guitar Hero for free. :D

Heads up. It is all wired bundles only and the guitar for Guitar Hero is a xplorer not the Les Paul at my location.

I called ahead and picked it up VERY early this morning.

damn, too bad i missed out on this one, i would've gone to the SJ one today for sure...

oh well, I just hope they drop down to this price again once RB2 & GH:WT come out

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']I would buy RB now. You can get both 1 and 2 for around $160 instead of $200+ by doing it the other way around.[/quote]

Good point. I'll swing by after church and see if they still have any in stock.

So I could buy the PS2 version for the instruments for $70. Then pick up a used Rockband game on PS3 on the cheap. Then I could buy the original Gibson SG guitar (the PS2 Guitar Hero 1 & 2 guitar) and run that with my pelican PS2 to USB converter and use that as my second guitar for bass guitar? I could then use the Gibson if I ever were to pick up Guitar Hero 1 &2 on PS2. What I am trying to do is figure out how to buy the least amount of guitars (2) that would be compatible with the most games for the cheapest amount of money.

Great deal. Went to guitar center in manchester, ct, picked it up for the 360.

Also, I just normally watch and read these threads but I would like to just tell all of you guys here at the CAG forums thanks for posting up great deals and finds for us fellow gamers. You save myself, and many many others, tons of money. Keep up the great work, and thanks.

Independence (Missouri) have both 360 & PS3 version for $40 each. 360 version is wired bundle and PS3 version is wireless bundle. I wish i have PS3 but i happy with the price.

[quote name='derekzoolander']Is there a way to get walmart to price match this? I haven't seen an ad or anything like that.[/quote]

I've been told flat out that Wal-Mart does not price match. I actually got Best Buy to PM the Guitar Center price, by showing them the GC receipt. They were not happy, but couldn't wiggle out of it. Just make sure the local GC still has copies in stock.

bread's done
Back