Yakuza 2 $29.99 preorder @ GS/EB

Chronis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
This may or may not be a deal. But IGN has it as an MSRP of $34.99. And Amazon has it for their price of $36.99, down from $39.99. So GS has it the cheapest. I don't know if they'd honor $30 if it ends up going higher before release.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I likes the 1st game. I'll get the 2nd game. I wonder when we see Part 3 in US PS3 version ??[/quote]
If the 2nd game sells well in the U.S., i'm sure the chances of seeing Yakuza 3 on the PS2 since it would simply be a matter of localizing the game.

Anyone know of a good place to get the 1st one? Waiting for it to drop for a while, and toys/circuit/bestbuy clearances around my area blow.

Same price in store, have mine pre-ordered. It's essential that this game sells a bit, better chances of getting Yakuza 3 and maybe even Shenmue I & II on Wii.

[quote name='SynGamer']If the 2nd game sells well in the U.S., i'm sure the chances of seeing Yakuza 3 on the PS2 since it would simply be a matter of localizing the game.[/QUOTE]

I need to finish the first Yakuza, but from what I've read in the preview of the second game in this month's issue of Play magazine, Yakuza 2 is going to more of the same, which is definitely a good thing.

There is a game called Yakuza Kenzan for the PS3 in Japan, but has it been decided that that game is Yakuza 3 or just a side-story since it takes place in ancient Japan with similar characters?

There's two Yakuzas in the works for Ps3, Kensen and Yakuza 3. Kensen takes place at the roots of the Yakuza back in the days of the samurai. 3 is the true sequel to 1 and 2 and it's modern day.

[quote name='Mr_Franki']Anyone know of a good place to get the 1st one? Waiting for it to drop for a while, and toys/circuit/bestbuy clearances around my area blow.[/quote]

TRU had/has the first one for $7.98

Edit: sorry I see you tried TRU already

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr_Franki']Anyone know of a good place to get the 1st one? Waiting for it to drop for a while, and toys/circuit/bestbuy clearances around my area blow.[/quote]

Amazon had it for $15 for awhile, i picked it up then. Just started playing it, not bad so far, a little clunky.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']There's two Yakuzas in the works for Ps3, Kensen and Yakuza 3. Kensen takes place at the roots of the Yakuza back in the days of the samurai. 3 is the true sequel to 1 and 2 and it's modern day.[/quote]

Kensan's been out for months.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']They should have made this for PS3/360, not the dated PS2. The first game was rather brutal.[/quote]

the game originally came out way back in '06 over in Japan

so its not like they just developed the game for PS2, just took them forever to decide to bring it to our shores

[quote name='CaoPi']I thought this one got canned? Any word if there are Japanese voice overs?[/quote]

I can't remember where I heard/read it, but apparently SEGA got the message that the previous high cost voice acting/dialogue turned off alot folks and rather spend buttloads of cash just to create terrible buzz, they've stuck with original Japanese dialogue and stuck in English subtitles this time around.

[quote name='K_G']I can't remember where I heard/read it, but apparently SEGA got the message that the previous high cost voice acting/dialogue turned off alot folks and rather spend buttloads of cash just to create terrible buzz, they've stuck with original Japanese dialogue and stuck in English subtitles this time around.[/quote]
..... what? The first ones voice work was great, some chars where a bit off imo but it was great performance overall. What DID suck was the script. This is going to be Japanese only due to the first one selling shit because everyone is too busy hyped about Madden 083 and because its a budget game.

I'm tired of people that cum their pants every time they see the word 'Japanese'.

[quote name='Silverslug']..... what? The first ones voice work was great, some chars where a bit off imo but it was great performance overall. What DID suck was the script. This is going to be Japanese only due to the first one selling shit because everyone is too busy hyped about Madden 083 and because its a budget game.

I'm tired of people that cum their pants every time they see the word 'Japanese'.[/quote]

I'm a huge anime fan so when voice actors can't even pronounce names correctly, it turns me off.

[quote name='CaoPi']this series didn't sell so well, still wondering if Yakuza 3 will be coming out in the states[/quote]

Well Yakuza 2 is coming out soon and Kenzan has already been picked up for domestic release.

[quote name='Silverslug']..... what? The first ones voice work was great, some chars where a bit off imo but it was great performance overall. What DID suck was the script. This is going to be Japanese only due to the first one selling shit because everyone is too busy hyped about Madden 083 and because its a budget game. [/quote]

Given its only on the PS2 and is one of the handful of non-movie tie in, non-sports, non kids games coming out on the PS2 in the near term (mercenaries 2, force unleashed are part of that handful and both are multi platform), I don't think Madden is its primary competitive threat (and given Madden comes out a month before it, it isn't competing for dollars at the same time). This is one of the reasons why Sony even hyped it during their E3 presentation....it was one of the few exclusive PS2 games they could point to this season.

Yes, the voice script was terrible on Yakuza 1 (and every other word was F__K this and F__K that) and maybe I'm old fashioned, but when I play a Japanese crime drama game, maybe I might want to hear to some Japanese. Sure doing subtitles was a money saving move on SEGA's part, but it will appeal to the audience that will actually seek out the game and buy it. Had they done only dubbed version for Yakuza 2, I wouldn't have bought it because the first go round was so terrible....as it is, I've got my pre-order in already. Now I'm just hoping that the camera is bit tighter and the targeting lock on isn't as heavy handed the second time around.

The first one was suppose to have both options, they couldn't fit in on one disk.

Yakuza 2 will be epic, 2 disk long, soundtrack done by 7 people?

Not buying it for 30 bucks is a crime.

bread's done
Back