CAGcast #130: Joe Schmoe's Penis World

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=1]481[/img-l]Is Braid too expensive? Is Wombat too negative? These are just some of the questions tackled, along with new releases, the latest video game industry and shopping news, your CAGbag questions and much more!

Listen for details on how to win 1 of 4 $100 GameStop gift cards!

Review us on iTunes!
Join the CAGcast Facebook Group

[podcast]18[/podcast]
Download - 92 minutes, 37MB
[digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg][/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Picture!

By popular request, bjwoodruff's CAGs On News Theme Song

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3

Last edited by a moderator:
A new video podcast of about 5-10 minutes each would be a very nice addition to the weekly shows. Even if you two aren't communicating directly, a "Sessler's Soapbox" type video comming with video clips from both of your perspectives would be a great idea. Why not spread the greatness of CheapAssGamer through more than one form of media.

These would be available through iTunes right?

LOL, I love that song. What an appropriate intro for the start of the Monday schedueling. Just dont go shooting anything down;)

[quote name='Guttersnipe']First[/quote]

I love to see the first page of posts on the new cag cast because people always post the lamest shit just to get the first post or the first few. usually we get "Oh sweet, I'm going to listen now!"

It's nice to see that we have gone back to the roots though, and while I think you're annoying for doing it Guttersnipe, I commend you for not fronting. :applause:

Uhhh ohhh, I can only imagine to think what this podcast is named after and cringe....

And wombat, I can't disagree with you more about LBP. I think it can appeal to anyone, and the game is going to come with a decent amount of levels, created by Media Molecule, and rumors has it they will have levels created by other Sony studios.

And Media Molecule has already stated they will only allow people to upload 4 maps, and only those who create highly rated maps will be able to upload more.

And Wombat, there is a black man in Top Gun. Maverick's co-pilot after Goose dies is black.

In the Braid demo, you can actually go to more than just World 2. You can visit World 4 and play it quite a bit. It seemed interesting, but...something just kind of irked me about it. It was pretty good, imo, but I'm still trying to justify it, but I am close to. I don't want this to be the future standard, especially ones that are crap. Which for XBLA, the overwhelming majority of games are $10 POS's.

For Wombat about your Diablo 2 problems:

Go to https://www.blizzard.com/store/ and create an account and go to the My Account page. You can enter in your game's CD keys and download a PC or MAC version as a digital download for free, using your old CD keys. And now with this you don't need the CDs anymore for WC3, Diablo 2, Starcraft, whatever your heart desires.

(thanks protoexe88 for the info) good show as always don't mind the new Monday slot as i can listen to it on my last day of work.also about the download games being priced $20 dollars if it was on a disk and you saw it a say walmart for $20 i can guarantee it would have no problems.

Well, I planned on going to sleep but with a title like that... I just HAVE to listen.

I hope we get an update on Naked Pizza guy. :)

Digg the CAGcast... check
Join CAGcast FB group... check
Inflate Wombat's ego... check (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=35)

I really enjoyed the show. I thought it was very funny but very low on content for an hour and a half long show.

In regards to your whole illusion of turning YouTube videos into a video podcast (to become a B-list internet celebrity no doubt) I think it would be really cool if you did a Your Man In Japan video blog that you could send out on iTunes as a podcast. I love hearing about your crazy adventures in Japan (although a bit too much skin showing in that bath-tub video). I don't know how iTunes works but I bet you could list that in many different categories (technology, travel, video games, etc) and get your big dopey face all over the iTunes! Or you can move back to the US and do videos with Wombat. That way we all win (well except for you, but big deal).

Wombat rules.

Some ideas as I listen to the podcast while typing:

I do very much enjoy the idea of going around town with a video camera. You have to do an apartment tour some time and I think it'd be very interesting if you just walked through your apartment, down the Pizza guy elevator to the "hows you're diet going?" Soba place, it'll really give us a connection to what you're talking about in Your Man in Japan.

Secondly:
If you're looking for a new video camera just for YouTube but is still in HD you might wanna go for something like I got, a cheap Flip Camera like the ones this company makes: http://www.aiptek.com/ - I've got the 720p version and it's perfectly average in quality. And they're much cheaper than the $500+ camera you were talking about. But if you're looking for a camera for personal -non CAG use- then yeah. But it's easy to just take the video off a cheap SD card in .MOV (which is really just .MP4) and just edit it from there.

My favorite video's are always the ones that you showcase stuff from Japan whether its Cucumber Pepsi or DS stand or any crap you'd never see in the states.

"CAGcast #130: Negative Womabt"

As much as I like the title Joe Schmoe's Penis World (not very much), the title Negative Wombat would have been so apropos.

Wombat was very negative, and I find it sad you guys don't use your Wii's.

Also, my sister's Wii Fit falls under the 60% category as it collects dust in the corner.

I had a really good time listening to the LittleBigPlanet conversation, and I'm really optimistic for the release of it, and I'm sure it will be really easy to wade through all the Penis Worlds.

I really enjoy the random but unique stuff in Japan that you show in your videos, so I like the idea, especially if you do a "Cheapy on the street" type of a deal where you give a sort of video tour of the various interesting places that you visit.

a small correction for wombat:

the school shooting that inspired "i don't like mondays" happened in san carlos, california. not england. also, the girl didn't just "go out and kill a bunch of people," if i remember it right she was actually shooting from inside her house.

obscure rock trivia, indeed

I know I chew you out a while back, but I have been waiting for you guys to do a video podcast for a long time.
I think the idea of doing a video podcast is a great idea.
Blogs, forums, etc will embed your vids on their site which will help promote cag.
You can also include clips from the video game events that Wombat hosts.
You can also do video game reviews , video game related news clips or show video from the arcades in Japan.

or you can show cool shit in Japan.
Great Idea

Ugh, how many times do we have to hear why Wombat isn't interested in LBP? The devs have said there will be a bunch of included levels as well as a story mode. Do you really think it will be hard to find worthwhile user created content?

As far a value is concerned, LBP is unique in that there will always be new (and arguably better) content. Once people really get a handle on using the tools we'll see some really cool and creative levels.

[quote name='Sarrasis']Ugh, how many times do we have to hear why Wombat isn't interested in LBP? The devs have said there will be a bunch of included levels as well as a story mode. Do you really think it will be hard to find worthwhile user created content?

As far a value is concerned, LBP is unique in that there will always be new (and arguably better) content. Once people really get a handle on using the tools we'll see some really cool and creative levels.[/QUOTE]

everytime Cheapy brings it up, I will give my opinion.

Cheapy, are you going to wait for the Japanese po-po to come knocking our your door about the Pizza Guy incident? I think the paranoia would crush me, and I'd want to go directly to the station to help out his cause by providing evidence/try to spring him.

They're going to find you, eventually...

To touch on Wombat's comment on user-created levels and penis-worlds, I'd like to point out that some of the best maps and gametypes come from regular users using Halo 3's Forge.

Wombat, come join us this Tuesday at 9pm EST for the CAG Halo 3 night. It's an awesome 2 hours of custom maps ranging some simple changes on standard maps to "how the fuck did they do that" that will definitely change your mind on user-created content (at least for Halo 3), and perhaps penises in general.

Send me a PM and I'll make sure we have a spot reserved for you. The group's thread is here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182971

~HotShotX

I really dig the idea of Cheapy taking the watchers to different places in Japan, either places we all know about or little places no one knows about. Japan has so much crap to do in it that even if we were to visit we would never see everything so I think having a video of things to do around town would be interesting. Take us out to eat, take us to buy a DVD either at a store or from a pirate.

As for the wombat video have wombat review a game he's playing on the train for about 30-60 seconds. Real quick and to the point with some wombat-tude.

If the police drag you in for questioning, I would call the american embassy. They might be able to help you. If I were you, I would start to let my hair grow in. Why is it people always seem to make penises when there is user created content?

[quote name='Sarrasis']Ugh, how many times do we have to hear why Wombat isn't interested in LBP? The devs have said there will be a bunch of included levels as well as a story mode. Do you really think it will be hard to find worthwhile user created content?

As far a value is concerned, LBP is unique in that there will always be new (and arguably better) content. Once people really get a handle on using the tools we'll see some really cool and creative levels.[/quote]

I'm glad wombat isn't fawning over LBP like the rest of the world. I never found LBP too exciting but yet have to endure everyone in the gaming media gush over how great it is. User generated content is as good as the users generating it...and frankly I'm going to pay for a game, not a powerpoint replacement. Dropping 60 bucks for a toolkit isn't exactly making me run to my retailer.

Re: Wombat's Madden gripe

yeah thought it was funny that Shockey was in the lineup, considering he was out for most of the season.

Cheapy, I have to say that you are indeed in a very unlucky situation. The pizza guy ruins your night right after shaving his head. May I suggest growing your hair back?

Wombat re: Top Gun - you really don't remember the RIO that Maverick had after Goose died? The guy that got in Marerick's face and told him how easy that shot was, but Marverick was having none of that, "he would engage when he was damn well ready!" I know it was a small part but it wasn't like the guy was just in the background or something.... Looking on the IMBD the guys name is Clarence Gilyard Jr and his callsign was Sundown.

[quote name='Up2Somthng']Wombat re: Top Gun - you really don't remember the RIO that Maverick had after Goose died? The guy that got in Marerick's face and told him how easy that shot was, but Marverick was having none of that, "he would engage when he was damn well ready!" I know it was a small part but it wasn't like the guy was just in the background or something.... Looking on the IMBD the guys name is Clarence Gilyard Jr and his callsign was Sundown.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was Merlin that took over for Goose, I am so embarrassed

In reference to the whole replica Lancer thing, you only get the game with it if you're willing to pay $209 as a bundle style thing. Not saying its not worth it, just saying... what are games companies willing to do to squeeze money out of their big titles?

Great show. CheapyD is always a little too into himself, but it's ok. btw what ever happened to baby Womabt? We would get updates all the time when Tai was born.

As for Cheapy's vids, I'd like to see CheapyD outside doing something, perhaps trying a UFO machine or buying something at toys R us...

Originally Posted by Wombat
I thought it was Merlin that took over for Goose, I am so embarrassed :shock:

Cheapy you can be my new wingman any day, sorry wombat. Great show as always.

Braid was a $10 game right up until the last level - for me, that alone warranted the extra $5.

Video Podcast:

Since this is a Video Game Podcast, how about bringing your camera to different Video Game stores and even Arcades around Tokyo(you could even film yourself fighting your way through the parents blowing cigarette smoke in thier kids faces), or using the used panties vending machines (or ones of a less perverted nature).

Asking for a video of someone using a vending machine might be one of the lamest requestes ever, but then again, i just watched one of a bald man in a bathtub.

[quote name='RobotChickenMk1']In reference to the whole replica Lancer thing, you only get the game with it if you're willing to pay $209 as a bundle style thing. Not saying its not worth it, just saying... what are games companies willing to do to squeeze money out of their big titles?[/quote]

no it cost about 170, there's an automatic promo deduction of $59.99, so the game is essentially free if you buy the lancer.

how would I know? I was crazy/dumb enough to jump on it the moment the bundle was announced.

wombat negative? sure. too negative? how dare you cheapy, as if such a thing were even possible. hating stuff is what wombats do best.

bread's done
Back