TNA Impact Pre-order Bonuses

fuerion

CAG Veteran
Midway has put up a pre-order page/ that lists all the places where you can pre-order TNA Impact, and which stores are offering bonuses. Only Gamestop and Amazon actually say what those bonuses are, so I thought I'd start a thread for people to post the bonuses they know about.

Gamestop
90-minute highlights DVD (All platforms)
:360:TNA Impact!
:ps3:TNA Impact!
:wii:TNA Impact!
:ps2:TNA Impact!

Amazon
Exclusive Mike Tenay downloadable in-game character (360 only)
:360:TNA Impact!

GameCrazy
Thumb Wrestling Ring (All platforms)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch. I am still on the fence with this game, I want to support the product (despite some of the booking), but I can't help thinking (knowing) that if I hold out until Jan/Feb like I do with SD v. RAW SOMEONE will have it sub-$25 and I can play it when there is far less an influx of REALLY good games...

The early interviews I read about it said they were going to something like the No Mercy game on N64. I've never played it, but heard it was the best wrestling game ever.

Here's a pic of the thumb wrestling ring
midway02.jpg

Was looking for a thread like this - thanks.

I want to get it when it comes out, but at the same time I know it will probably be cheap soon, especially since they are already planning #2. I got SvR 08 for 20 at gogamer a few months ago. Anyone know what is on the DVD? is it like TNA's 50 best moments? And does it count if you order on line?

I also want to wait until the CC and BB ads come out to see what deals/freebies they offer before I commit to a pre order.

This is what the gamestop page says is on the DVD.

Reserve TNA Impact and receive a bonus DVD containing 90+ minutes of high-flying Total Non Stop Action compiled Exclusively for GameStop customers. The DVD includes bone-crushing footage from Ultimate X, Elevstion X, King of the Mountain and Terrordome. While supplies last.
All Customers: DVD will be available with game.

That 90 minute DVD could be interesting, but I'm going to guess most of the matches will be clipped and being the TNA mark that I am, I've probably already seen what's on them.

[quote name='mlettich']That 90 minute DVD could be interesting, but I'm going to guess most of the matches will be clipped and being the TNA mark that I am, I've probably already seen what's on them.[/QUOTE]

Considering there have been 2 Elevation X matches (Rhino v. Styles, Rhino v. Storm) and 1 Terrordome match (the one from May), I imagine you'd be correct. There's only a few possible Ultimate X matches (6 for the X Title (including the Ultimate X Challenge match years ago which didn't work), 1 for the tag titles, the one from Best Damn Sports Show, and the several for the World X Cup we're looking at around 10 or so) and even less King of the Mountain matches (5).

Given the mention, I'm expecting the World X Cup finale, May's TerrorDome, March's Elevation X (Rhino v. Storm), and the June KOTM as the "90 minute" DVD. Given the length of the matches, that would make about 90.

I really hope this game is good, but I'll wait for the reviews. Pretty cool of Midway to put up this info on their site, though.

I like wrestling games, but hate how fast they become outdated..

I mean is Tomko even in TNA anymore? And the game hasn't even come out yet

Me thinks that Tomko is done in TNA, but won't stop me from using the Greatest Tag Team of all Time in the game, Tomko and AJ, or my new fave Beer Money Inc. Also hoping that Curry Man makes it into the game.

I would pre-order from Amazon, but i really wanted a Don West playable character instead, maybe from another retailer...

[quote name='MrDubbs']I like wrestling games, but hate how fast they become outdated..

I mean is Tomko even in TNA anymore? And the game hasn't even come out yet[/quote]

You thinks that's bad? Rumor has it Senshi/Low Ki might still be in it. He was one of the guys that did mo-cap for the game and was confirmed as being in the game at the time if you look at older demos. Plus he was still employed by TNA at the game's roster cut-off date.

ill get it first day regardless of reviews.. about time another wrestling game is out..

that being said though.. midway really dropped the ball with certain parts of the game.. its definitely more arcade-than sim... and how can you not do full entrances and custom soundtracks

I wonder what the free gift from CC and BB is.

As for the outdated rosters, the last I heard they would be having downloadable characters for the 360 at least. I wish they would go back to the VPW days (or WCW vs the World even) where they would have the main roster of TNA guys, and then like 50 or so legends and Japanese stars with wacky names. Whats a wrestling game without Muta or Kobashi:|

i have no faith in midway... they have clearly never been sim orientated..

my only hope is that this does well enough to warrant a sequel..i wonder what type of contact they have with tna.

people will sure lash out about this game and its generic moves etc...

I wanted to wait as well, but it would be cool to be Tenay. I suppose the code for Tenay will be put online anyway.

so far it looks like gs will get the preorder since it includes a dvd.. (why the dvd includes terror dome footage is beyond me, that was horrible)

I know this might be a total long shot, but if you have any friends who work for Midway, ask them to order this for you. My friend's going to get me this for $15...likewise for MK vs DC :D

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']I don't mind TNA Wrestling, i just can't stand their ring.[/quote]

I wonder if it will make Irish whips harder to pull off the way you want?

A Mike Tenay downloadable character? Sounds great! I HATE that guy and would love to constantly beat the shit out of him. Throw in Don West as well and I'm sold!

If only it was Don West.

I'll gladly take Mike Tenay though, however, I'm not going to pre-order, because I don't trust this game with how it fluctuates from great, to bad, to amazing, to horrible, to atrocious, to good.

I'll wait for reviews, like most other people.. hopefully they will deliver on this game though, if not, then that's what I have GameFly for.

bread's done
Back