GoGamer Madness (8/14) 360: GTAIV $43, Frontlines $30, Guitar Hero DS $40

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]331[/img-r]The following are on sale at GoGamer. Check the clock on the product pages for sale ending time.

:360:Frontlines: Fuel of War $29.90
:360:Grand Theft Auto IV $42.90
:360:Turning Point: Fall of Liberty $17.90
:ps3:Turning Point: Fall of Liberty $17.90
:ds:Guitar Hero: On Tour $39.90
:pc:Warhammer: Dawn of War Soulstorm $27.90
:pc:Prey $4.90
:pc:Silverfall $7.90
:pc:Star Wolves $12.90
:pc:Vietcong 2 $7.90
:pc:World at War $5.90
:pc:CSI 4 Hard Evidence $12.90
:pc:Rush for Berlin $7.90
icon5.gif
Flash T-Qualiser Lighted T-Shirts $29.90

Last edited by a moderator:
How bad would the shipping cost be on Guitar Hero: On Tour? Would it wipe out most of the savings?

[quote name='BlueSwim']How bad would the shipping cost be on Guitar Hero: On Tour? Would it wipe out most of the savings?[/QUOTE]
It says shipping is $3 but it's estimated so it could be different and might not be factoring the dimensions of GH and just showing an example of a shipping price for a normal DS game. It wouldn't be such a bad deal if the shipping did turn out to be $3 though

I didn't hear particularly good things about Frontlines, particularly the multiplayer. Have they fixed it?

[quote name='gantt']I didn't hear particularly good things about Frontlines, particularly the multiplayer. Have they fixed it?[/QUOTE]
Get Battlefield Bad Company. It's like Frontlines but with much better graphics and gameplay. Frontlines wasn't all that great and didn't do a great job balancing weapons since the only weapon that does anything is the rocketlauncher but vehicles have unlimited flares so a rocket can hardly ever hit

[quote name='Mickeyiscool']Should I get PREY? 83 on Metacritic, and it's 5.50 plus $4 shipping on Amazon= 9.50
??[/quote]

It's worth the GoGamer.com price ($4.90 + $2.99 S&H), but I wouldn't pay more than that for it.

[quote name='Deadpool']Turning Point: Fall of Liberty $17.90 ... so tempting[/quote]

Yeah I was tempted by that myself, I quite fancy trying it but I didn't want to pay anything more than $20.

Just not sure I need it right now (I've already bought 3 games this week), I'll mull over it for a bit.

Yeah, I like the sound of Turning Point's setting (alternate universe 1950s and you get to shoot Nazis) but this game got terrible reviews ... a 5 from IGN and an average score of 4.2 from reviewers. Which sounds to me like it's not worth playing (or owning) at any price.

Here's IGN's less than glowing review:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/855/855845p1.html

[quote name='dim2192']Turning Point is one of the worst games on 360. Dont Get It.[/quote]

Hard Evidence... very good game if you like the puzzle-type... like Phoenix Wright (outside of the courtroom)... of course, this is serious in tone. :)

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'm thinking about getting Warhammer Soulstorm, it's the only expansion I don't have.[/quote]

Amazon has for $28.99 w/free shipping. The price dropped to $30 a while ago. It's the only expansion I haven't played either.

bread's done
Back