New Genesis RPG: Pier Solar (Kickstarter Campaign for Xbox360, PC, Mac, DC versions)

Jack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
177 (100%)
12/02/12: Watermelon is running a Kickstarter campaign to bring a HD Director's Cut version of Pier Solar to Xbox 360, PC, Mac, Linux, Dreamcast, Android, OUYA, and Wii U. As of this posting, there's about two and a half days left and they raised enough for all versions except Wii U.

1/16/12: The game has been reprinted again and is now available at their new site. You can also preorder the OST, which includes the Enhanced Soundtrack Disc for Sega CD that wasn't included with any of the reprints.

Anyone here looking forward to this? It is a completely original new game, not a port or translation. It has been in development for a while now (previously known as Tavern RPG). A new video was just released and a demo will be available September 1 at the official site:

http://www.piersolar.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt1bcAD6wng

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks interesting. If it's not to expensive I'll pick it up. I checked the forums and didn't see a price, but I did see good ol' brianmoy there. Kinda expected him to be all over this.

I really would like to pick that up regardless, so i can add something else to my Sega CD collection.

Im just curious what the booklets/case is going to look like the starndard "bulk" case or something newer in todays standards...

I'll buy this if it gets ported to the iPhone/iPod Touch. I don't have a SegaCD system. I'd be much more interested in playing it on a portable device anyway. FYI, Vay was ported and it was done pretty well, so I figure the folks that did that could easily do a port of this one, and would give the games developers a chance to make some money from their efforts.

I love a good RPG, especially one for an older system. The website now has prices. $35 for the game or you can spend $50 and get the with you name somewhere in the game, I guess.

Music sounds great :) The characters look like some 15yo from the States drew them using a "How to draw Anime" book, but still looks pretty good :)

Accually, the people working on the game are from different parts of the globe apperently. Sega-16.com did an interview with them a while back, pretty interesting. And i think for that game, that might be as much as you can work with, other wise they go and refurbish the characters more for the final cut.

Ive played a bit of the demo, its really good from what they showed. Its only a beta, so the glitches and problems in the game according to them "will be fixed" for the final release. The date for that is December 24 of this year!!!!!

And yes, i do plan on getting a preorder for the game, im just debating if i should get the regular combo pack or the pay an extra 15 to get my name in the credits ;)!!!!

Ah, decisions decisions...

So are there prices yet?

EDIT: Never mind, I see the basic preorder pack is $35, and the Posterity pack is $50. I think it's a cool and interesting game to support so I might get the the $50 one.

And will this most defiantly play on my Sega CDX? If so then I'm sold. I can't stand messing with emulators or playing games on my PC.

[quote name='Rodimus']So are there prices yet?

EDIT: Never mind, I see the basic preorder pack is $35, and the Posterity pack is $50. I think it's a cool and interesting game to support so I might get the the $50 one.

And will this most defiantly play on my Sega CDX? If so then I'm sold. I can't stand messing with emulators or playing games on my PC.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing a preview of the game for HardcoreGamer.com, and I asked someone on the development team if it'll work on the CDX and he told me that it will .

This is actually getting published? That's amazing.

What's more amazing is the 64MB cartridge! Wasn't that the average size of the largest N64 carts?

Awwwwww man! The 'Posterity Pack' is sold out.

**EDIT** Oh, I see.... October 29th was the last day. I'll still get the classic one though.

I was gonna grab the Posterity pack. What came in it out of curosity?
Also, interesting what they're doing with the Sega CD. You put the CD in to enhance the soundtrack while the game plays off the cartridge. That's pretty innovative.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I was gonna grab the Posterity pack. What came in it out of curosity?
Also, interesting what they're doing with the Sega CD. You put the CD in to enhance the soundtrack while the game plays off the cartridge. That's pretty innovative.[/QUOTE]

If you had ordered the Posterity Pack, they would have put your name in the game. The game they actually send you is the same as the standard release.

Sorry for the double post but I just got an e-mail saying the release date got pushed back to 09'. They said something about a falling out with one of the members. Anyways it sucks.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Also, interesting what they're doing with the Sega CD. You put the CD in to enhance the soundtrack while the game plays off the cartridge. That's pretty innovative.[/quote]

Ugh. I had no idea that what they were going to do. I sold my Genesis and Sega CD a few months ago. I had planned on purchasing this on CD and converting it over to my PSP.

Hmmm I'm a bit disappointed this doesn't take advantage graphically of the cd. At least it explains why the characters look a bit dry as well as some areas.
I gotta wonder if anyone is planning on making a DC RPG or Saturn RPG anytime soon and really utilizing it.

I;m not assembling thath monstrtocity of a system for any game -- why not just release it on XBLA or on the Wii shop channel?

Just seeing this. Definitely going to consider putting in a pre-order for the game. I love supporting people/groups that undertake efforts like this.

[quote name='bsesb2003']I;m not assembling thath monstrtocity of a system for any game -- why not just release it on XBLA or on the Wii shop channel?[/quote]
I understand that most of these games being released for the Genny/SCD are labors of love, but nobody can be making much money on them. I would think it would make more economic sense to sell it as DLC for modern consoles. A good game could sell in the thousands, while a cart release would only sell in the hundreds. Couldn't more money be made in a 1200 pt XBLA game as licensing costs would be lower than than making a Genesis cart?

Just put in my preorder for 35 bucks. Seems like a very fair price for all that you get plus you are helping the independent guys.

This will be a nice piece to add to any collection plus it looks fun too!

Forgot all about this one. I preordered this only a few weeks before they decided to delay it half a year. Wonder if it's still coming out on May 1st.

Got my Preorder in today. Im sure they will push the date back, but then again at least my order is in regardless...

i own a Sega Genesis but not a Sega CD. It seems like I only need the CD to enchance the sounds which isn't bad. I may order this later on with some first impressions from the others. It would be even more funnier if they utilized the SEGA32X. oh man thats 3 AC adapters alread hogging one power strip.

[quote name='integralsmatic']i own a Sega Genesis but not a Sega CD. It seems like I only need the CD to enchance the sounds which isn't bad. I may order this later on with some first impressions from the others. It would be even more funnier if they utilized the SEGA32X. oh man thats 3 AC adapters alread hogging one power strip.[/quote]

Yea, i know how that is (because thats how mine is set up)...:applause:

This reminds me of the time World Of Warcraft announced a new game on the atari2600 lol. If this game is not that expensive I will most definitely pick it up

I got an e-mail from them saying they don't have a set release date yet but are trying to get it out before the second quarter of 2009.

Hopefully its developed in a way where they can easily port it on other consoles and devices; allowing them to get paid back for the time and resources invested.

I'm with ya. I really liked the 32-bit era 2D RPGs (Suikoden, Albert Odyssey, Arc The Lad, etc) But I'll give the team props for making something like this, even tough it's taking forever.

Sent an email asking if my preorder was still locked in and if they had a possible release date. They e-mailed me promptly but ignored my second question regarding an estimated release date. Guess it's going to be a while... *sigh*

It looks interesting.
5.gif

Got an e-mail asking to confirm my shipping address. I guess the testing phase is wrapping up. Hard to believe this has been delayed for so long.

The website says the game is completely sold out for all regions. I'm really glad I got my pre-order in there early.

They just sent out a final notice to update your shipping address e-mail:

We will be processing pre-orders on the 25th October 2010,
after this date no more shipping address updates will possible until the game ships.

Seems like a good sign.

bread's done
Back