Any other Alaskans CAG's out there?

Death by Kuvasz

CAGiversary!
Probably not but just checking. About the only deals you can find up here are have one dead animal stuffed get the second half off.

The stores up here don't run the same deals, or any, as the lower 48 so I just wanted to see if someone was here to share my pain.

No, no others? Didn't think so. Oh well, at least moose hunting season opens soon. I might not get cool deals like you all, but at least I get fresh meat (like that makes up for it).

Where in alaska are you from? I moved to portland from fairbanks in 2005. Not a lot of options in alaska for cheap games other than pawn shops and garage sales.

Fred Meyer has a nice B1G1 free on the PS3 Greatest Hits going on now.

Sears clearance hasnt turned up anything from the YMMV clearance lists in over 2 years for me.

But there are deals out there to be had. Fred Meyer clearance usually dumps a lot of games for 20-30% off. I've had good finds at the Palmer and Wasilla stores.

I'm in Fairbanks.

Admittedly, there's not a lot of great options here, but I've learned to save quite a bit using the weekly Gamestop coupons.

Sometimes you can find some good deals at Atomic Video Games too. I got a perfect condition used Pikmin 2 here over the summer for $16.

Of Alaska? I loved it. This time we went camping in Denali. Winds were so strong that my tent was practically blown over with me and my uncle in it. My first trip there ('96) we went up the Yukon River and spent a couple of days in Fort Yukon. I was insistent on spending a full day inside the Arctic Circle. I'd like to go back again, probably within the next 5 years. I'd like to do a lot more hiking then. As far as Fairbanks goes, it's fine. It actually reminded me a lot of the town I grew up in in Illinois.

Hmmm. Weird. I'm from Illinois/Indiana, and Fairbanks actually reminds me a lot of Colorado.

I spent a day in Fort Yukon once. No really my cup of tea, but if you're an outdoorsman, I could see why you would like it.

Wow, I'm not alone. Living in Anchorage. Moved from California. So weird and different. Though it seems people complain about the cold way too much up here.

I don't actively go deal hunting since I don't have a car and not much cash and free time since I'm in college. Deals I usually get are those that are online.

It was more the feel of the town than the landscape. For me, Fort Yukon was about the experience more than anything else. Most people who go to Alaska don't do the stuff I had an opportunity to do. Plus, my aunt is Eskimo so that provides some unique perspective. Something fun, my cousins have sang (sung?) at 2 governors' inaugurations, including Sarah Palin's.

I am here in anchorage too. Most of the deals comes from the Fred Meyer for sure. Now that we got a Target and after the holidays check there for clearance deals.

bread's done
Back