What PSN games do YOU regret buying?

chodax

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Well I realized that I probably regret buying about half the PSN games I have.

I own PJM, Pain, SSHD, Everday Shooter, Go Sports Ski, Piyotama, LocoRoco, Warhawk, CAC, Tekken, and fl0w.

I regret buying Pain, Go Sports Ski, Piyotama, and CAC. CAC has to be my most regretful buy since I just hate the gameplay.

What about you guys?

Thumbs up:
PixelJunk Monster (wish I had waited for the Summer special though)
Super Stardust HD

Thumbs down:
Everyday Shooter

I bought Piyatoma for 3 dollars or whatever it was since it came out the week I got my PS3 and it did nothing for me. During the sale they had, I bought Calling All Cars for 5 dollars and while it seemed pretty fun conceptually, I didn't really find anyone playing it online and so I didn't really play it anymore.

Considering how much I've enjoyed Super Stardust, Fl0w, Everyday Shooter, Pixel Junk Monsters and Eden, from an overall perspective my PSN cost has been reasonable for the time I've gotten out of it.

Elefunk. I got it through a game sharing group I'm in so it didn't cost me much but I don't care for it either. It really needs a tutorial.

None so far that I've paid for.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Elefunk. I got it through a game sharing group I'm in so it didn't cost me much but I don't care for it either. It really needs a tutorial.[/quote]
It does have one. Played through it when I first tried out the demo.

Definitely Calling All Cars. Drives me crazy. Maybe it would be more fun against real people, but no one to play with. Everyday Shooter kind of disappointed me too. I think I would've been better off getting SSHD instead of that.

[quote name='mykevermin']Super Rub a Dub. Waste of $2.99.[/quote]

I wish I picked up that game when it was that price. Demo is awesome :bouncy:

I own PJ Monsters, Pain, Piyatoma, Everyday Shooter, SSHD, Calling All Cars, MKII, and flow.

The only regret I have is MKII. I have nothing against Mortal Kombat but the online play was crippled in the PSN version. Confusing lobby system and no voice chat between players, it was a joke.

To comment on some of the others mentioned in this thread: CAC is a great multiplayer game, key word, multiplayer. Piyatoma doesn't bother me because it was only $3 and it's an alright puzzle game. And Pain for $5 was a solid pickup, even though it's very limited.

Mine would have to be Pain. Even though I got the game free from the MGS4 bundle, I can't stand the game itself. Although trophies will soon be implemented; it makes me cringe at the fact that I have to play the through the game to get them. It also doesn't help that I have this OCD problem where I have to absolutely get all the trophies of all my games -_-;

I'd say I'm disappointed in Everyday Shooter but I don't regret any of my purchases on PSN I got what I paid for when it comes down to it.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I own PJ Monsters, Pain, Piyatoma, Everyday Shooter, SSHD, Calling All Cars, MKII, and flow.

The only regret I have is MKII. I have nothing against Mortal Kombat but the online play was crippled in the PSN version. Confusing lobby system and no voice chat between players, it was a joke.

To comment on some of the others mentioned in this thread: CAC is a great multiplayer game, key word, multiplayer. Piyatoma doesn't bother me because it was only $3 and it's an alright puzzle game. And Pain for $5 was a solid pickup, even though it's very limited.[/quote]

I call falsehood on this. Confusing lobby system? And I prefer no voice chat. Ever since in game XMB came about, the smack talk has really went up. And it's crippled? it's the same arcade ver 1.3 that everybody has played forever. For five bucks it's worth it. I spent more money in quarters then five bucks when it first came out.

And the regret I have? Probably Lemmings. I never play it.

[quote name='Paco']I call falsehood on this. Confusing lobby system? And I prefer no voice chat. Ever since in game XMB came about, the smack talk has really went up. And it's crippled? it's the same arcade ver 1.3 that everybody has played forever. For five bucks it's worth it. I spent more money in quarters then five bucks when it first came out.

And the regret I have? Probably Lemmings. I never play it.[/quote]
First of all, fuck you for making turn this game on again just to make sure I wasn't crazy. The lobby system sucks because it's bland, there's no stat tracking, and there's no way to coordinate a game between more than two people. Also, I didn't say the game was broken, I said the online play was broken, hence the complaints about the lobby and voice chat. And if you don't like voice chat, don't use a mic. There's no sense in ruining the game for the people who want it.

I actually regret buying warhawk. I'm really terrible at it and find I like the gameplay a lot more in BF/COD4 style games. Other than that I've got SSHD, PJE, and PJM + E all of which I really enjoy.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']First of all, fuck you for making turn this game on again just to make sure I wasn't crazy. The lobby system sucks because it's bland, there's no stat tracking, and there's no way to coordinate a game between more than two people. Also, I didn't say the game was broken, I said the online play was broken, hence the complaints about the lobby and voice chat. And if you don't like voice chat, don't use a mic. There's no sense in ruining the game for the people who want it.[/quote]

Alright I'll give you the stat tracking. It sucks ass. It isn't by who you beat or how many wins you get, but how many wins in a row. That's bullshit when tracking stats. But the lobby system was made more to find someone, anyone rather then to give you a list.

Online play isn't broken if you play between your friends or if you just want a fight. When you first said that, I thought you meant the game was broken, not the lobby system.

Since you have MK2, do you play it at all?

lemmings...that's the only game i really regret

I have pain, mk2, flow, lemmings, and im really debating bionic commando...lemmings i could do without =/

Thumbs up: SSHD, Everyday Shooter, PJ Eden

Thumbs down: Calling All Cars (even though I got it at half price,) PJ Monsters (too hard for me.)

The reviews really are right about CAC, needs more levels. And I played once or twice trying to unlock some cars, but I never made it to the end of 5 rounds without the game freezing on me. BS.

[quote name='pete5883']Thumbs up: SSHD, Everyday Shooter, PJ Eden

Thumbs down: Calling All Cars (even though I got it at half price,) PJ Monsters (too hard for me.)

The reviews really are right about CAC, needs more levels. And I played once or twice trying to unlock some cars, but I never made it to the end of 5 rounds without the game freezing on me. BS.[/quote]

PJM is going to get an update with an easy mode :)

It was free with the system but I'm not too impressed by Pain. It was nice for a few minutes, but got boring really fast (didn't either cheapy or wombat really love pain, I think I remember them talking about how great it was).

On PSN, I only really regret:
flOw
Loco Roco Coco whatever (love the look, but I just can't really figure it out or do anything)

As a PS1 download, I regret:
Jet Moto (does not hold up IMO)
Rally Cross (to some extent)
Crash Bandicoot (to some extent)

I just try to avoid PS1 downloads because I still have a crapload of PS1 demos, and next to none of the games still hold up IMO.

Calling All Cars, for sure. No one plays that game, hence, that game is not fun to play. It's decent for quick, mindless fun with split screen, but meh.

I only own SSHD and PJM and they are both very good. I will surely download in the the coming weeks PJE and Quest for Booty.

I really enjoy Pixeljunk Monsters and Super Stardust HD.

I have mixed feelings about Loco Roco; I don't think I'd like it at all if I didn't like the PSP version so much.

I'm disappointed in Everyday Shooter, because I heard so many good things about it.

I absolutely regret buying Pain during the summer special. What a waste of time and $5.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I regret entering in the code to download Pain for free.[/quote]

LOL sad but true. I feel the same way :lol:

Pain, though I got it free with my PS3 bundle. I really don't like it. Also, High Velocity Bowling. I only bought it for a trade that fell apart, so I was stuck with it and I don't even want it.

Games I own:

Dislikes: Calling All Cars & Flow (got both on "sale")
Neutral: Aquatopia....daughter likes it, neat screen saver.

Own- PAIN, CAC, SSHD, Everyday Shooter, 1942, Commando 3, Echochrome, Lemmings, Elefunk, Bionic Commando, High Velocity Bowling, PixelJunk Monsters and Eden, High Stakes Poker, Flow
My favorites are Everyday Shooter, PAIN, Echochrome and PixelJunk Eden

Dissapointed in Lemmings (The controls just dont work, Elefunk was much better) and Commando 3. Other than that the PSN games have been off the hook

[quote name='Kandal']I regret buying Playstation 3 to begin with *cry*[/QUOTE]What????

Anyway, Tekken and Siren might have been high, but I really enjoyed both (I played Tekken a lot online, probably my favorite version of Tekken 5).

I know most don't like Calling All Cars, but I bought the game when it came out. Back then, it had a pretty big community and was a blast to play online. Offline it's not that great, but online, it's one of my favorite multi-player games ever. It's just that 2-3 months after the game came out, its community pretty much died (I kind of blame its online setup). I remember on release, there were SO many games going on at once.

I felt I spent too much on Blast Factor, but the two expansions were great.

I do NOT regret spending $18 on Toy Home though (after buying the expansion too).

I've bought the majority of games on PSN. Even many of those Eyetoy screensavers.

Only ones I "regret".

Calling All Cars (only because online died so quickly, it was fun though)
Rampart (controls. SUCK!)
1942 (a bit boring)
LocoRoco (not like the LocoRoco I love on PSP)

LocoRoco. Gah! Worse Gameshare ever!

fl0w and SSHD were totally worth it though. SSHD is good for a amping up the reflexes and with the XMB music support I can totally make my neighbors regret living under me (I wonder if they know not to be around for Warhawk fridays yet?). fl0w is a good unwinder. I can just gobble my way top to bottom and relax.

I'm really debating SIREN. I really want that game(DEMO scared the crap out me. A-), but I'd prefer to have it on BD, even if all it does is install the game onto the hardrive.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']None so far that I've paid for.

It does have one. Played through it when I first tried out the demo.[/quote]

RE: Elefunk tutorial The tutorial shows you how to place pieces and the controls not anything about strategy. That is what I'm talking about.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']RE: Elefunk tutorial The tutorial shows you how to place pieces and the controls not anything about strategy. That is what I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]I figured out the demo. Once you do, you feel really stupid for not thinking. Basically, you build support towards the bottom.

I am surprised at how many people disliked LocoRoco. I loved the PSP version and the PSN version doesn't even come close, but I still think it is really fun.

The only two PSN games that I don't really play are Pain and CaC - luckily I didn't have to pay for either of them.

Pain isn't too bad - custom soundtracks help. Only played CaC for about 10 minutes. Might be fun with a group but not so much as a solo game.

Also played the Elefunk demo and couldn't get passed the first level. Maybe I was just tired. Dunno, just glad I didn't buy it.

I don't understand all the Everyday Shooter hate. I love the game personally. Every level is unique.

I've got Pain, Calling all cars, Everyday Shooter, High Velocity Bowling and PJM. I don't dislike any of them.

bread's done
Back