what is the best japanese RPG games out there for the PS3 with english text

S

starmask2k3

would like to know because i was thinking of buying some and what's the best site to buy them

Last edited:
I am interested alo, do you have to mod your ps3 3 to play jappenesse dames?

Edit: Nevermind about my question, ps3 games are not region encoded :)

All there is right now is Enchanted Arms and Folklore kind of.

This year, Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 comes out out (Disgaea 3 is out in 1 week). There's also an Eternal Sonata port coming stateside, but didn't see the release date.

Just like the 360, there was only 1-2 JRPGs in its first year, 2 more in its 2nd year, and they mostly started to come during its third year (which is this year). I'm expecting most PS3 JRPGs won't be coming until 2009 (like a rumored Tales for PS3, WKC, maybe a Gust RPG, possibly a localization of one that came out this year or last year (like Cross X Edge, Agarest, or Tears to Tiara).

JRPGs are the LAST genre to fill up a consoles library.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All there is right now is Enchanted Arms and Folklore kind of.

This year, Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 comes out out (Disgaea 3 is out in 1 week). There's also an Eternal Sonata port coming stateside, but didn't see the release date.

Just like the 360, there was only 1-2 JRPGs in its first year, 2 more in its 2nd year, and they mostly started to come during its third year (which is this year). I'm expecting most PS3 JRPGs won't be coming until 2009 (like a rumored Tales for PS3, WKC, maybe a Gust RPG, possibly a localization of one that came out this year or last year (like Cross X Edge, Agarest, or Tears to Tiara).

JRPGs are the LAST genre to fill up a consoles library.[/quote]

I think they were asking more about RPGs released in Japan that might be import friendly and feature an English text or sub-title option, not ones already released in the US.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']I think they were asking more about RPGs released in Japan that might be import friendly and feature an English text or sub-title option, not ones already released in the US.[/QUOTE]The only ones in Japan are (but none are import friendly):
-Agarest Senki
-Mist of Chaos
-Tears of Tiara

[quote name='AdvOfJet']I think they were asking more about RPGs released in Japan that might be import friendly and feature an English text or sub-title option, not ones already released in the US.[/QUOTE]

the ones that only come out in japan

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Eternal Sonata is supposed to be coming October 21, 2008.[/quote]

Where did you get this date? Amazon shows Nov 4th, though Bamco has not officially released a date. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't show up until next May.

[quote name='starmask2k3']bump[/quote]Sad as it may be, this short thread has already pretty much covered the entire JRPG scene on the PS3. Bumping isn't going to make FF13 or White Knight Story come out any sooner. :cry:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Sad as it may be, this short thread has already pretty much covered the entire JRPG scene on the PS3. Bumping isn't going to make FF13 or White Knight Story come out any sooner. :cry:[/QUOTE]

i bump because i need a good site to buy japanese ps3 games

You should get Cross Edge. It has characters from Nippon Ichi, Gust, Namco Bandai, Idea Factory, and Capcom. No way, that game is coming statewide. I'm not sure is it user friendly to American users, it's release is next month. I don't think it matters that much. All these jrpg in Japanese text requires a lot of trial and error to a feel for controls.

[quote name='starmask2k3']the ones that only come out in japan[/QUOTE]

If a Japanese game has English text, then a US release is already out or on the way. Your other option is to look on the HK PSN Store

[quote name='starmask2k3']i bump because i need a good site to buy japanese ps3 games[/QUOTE]

play asia

bread's done
Back