EyePet , " it is ok to play with your monkey!"

NamPaehc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
eyepet_20080820_070828_intro.jpg

Your Virtual Pet. I thought it was something else, but I guess we're going to be raising 3D virtual pets with the power of the PS3. Trailer time. Using EyeToy, you can interact through the video and the little creature reacts to your gestures in real time. It shows it finishing in your drawings for you, after you've scanned it in, including making a fully functional little car. Now it's playing dress up. Crazy. Actual looks pretty cute, but let's see if the game is actually as awesome as the guitar-filled trailer.
Screens can be found here.

Video soon hopefully.

Okay it got rehosted here.

Release date announced on the PSBlog. DELAYED

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering when sony's R&D would put the drawing-to-in-game-object mechanic to use. seems like it's implemented here. that alone will drive me to buy the game.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']PSN or disc based?[/QUOTE]It will probably be disc I'm thinking, like Eye of Judgment. However, I can see them offering both.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']not to do the obvious internet thing, but i wonder how it responds to your penis.[/quote]

If I was going to buy this game, I think that statement just swore me off of the idea... :whistle2:&

Good lord, I never thought that I would be excited about getting a virtual pet game #-o. Now I just watched this trailer with my wife and we're both excited to see if this turns out as good as it looks.

Like Rolento said as well, I'm glad to see the drawing aspect of the Eye being utilized. They were showing off that feature since the it first came out.

I SOOOOO want that. Don't care if it's a DL game, or on disc. Don't care if it's $60 or even $90. That just looks AWESOME!

I hope they have more than one type of pet. And maybe make it so you can play with multiple pets at a time and have them interact with eachother and stuff.

I would get this game if I had a PS3.
(waits for one with BC)
If I had a PS3 I would totally get this game except I wonder what things you can draw for your pet and also if theres only one kind.

HEH! that's too funny though, "OO MAN LOOk AT HIM!! SCARY!! ONE LOOK IN HIS EYES AND Your STONED!!" LMAO! *scary guy goes home to safely sighs, "it's great to be home". then out of the MACHO MAN status, he finds sanity with playing his cute pet monkey.

This is interesting:

The adorable debut of EyePet at Leipzig Games Convention was quite possibly the biggest surprise of the show. The innovative use of the PlayStation Eye, coupled with one of fthe most adorable creature designs in recent memory, made it one of the most high-profile titles we showcased on our site during the Convention. Although it's still not planned for a release late next year, it benefited from the controversial cancellations of other SCEE games, such as Eight Days and The Getaway.

"Yes, there are so many things that we want to do, more than we can do with the resources. So when London Studio was looking at the early work on EyePet and the prototype of Eight Days, they knew they couldn't do all of them - and there are even more things they're working on at early concept stage," Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida told GI.biz. "So your expertise and ideas are best spent on some titles rather than others."

London Studios is arguably best known for their work on SingStar and other PS2/PS3 Eye games. Their experience in casual games developent will undoubtedly help EyePet. "London Studio is really best-placed for showing how these things can be done, because they've worked on games in that space for many years - they know how consumers are going to react, how to make it accessible and fun."

I now believe that the PSEye will be able to hold its own against the Natal -- may not be as advanced, but will the average consumer really be able to tell the difference?

The monkey could clearly sense depth, which I thought was Natal's trump card.

They really should have demoed EyePet first and then bring out the motion controllers to show the other Eye project they are working on.

I'm sold as well. It's so cute and the part that you can draw stuff and the pet transform into "real" object is very cool. It looks like you can take your pet on adventures, i.e. game levels...

I'm pretty sure additional pets can be DLC or even accessories for the pet. And then the motion controls, also PSP Go... Which you can bring your pet wherever you go (too bad that no touch screen).

[quote name='Poena Infinitus']Nice, seem's imagination is the only limit, any release date yet?[/QUOTE]

'09 i think. Said the games in certain clip at E3 would be out this year if i heard right. this was in there but not very solid going just by that...

New info and region's box art.

THE FAMILY BECAME EXACTLY WHAT LARGER!
EyePet do not see you ordinary on tv-scherm, you realise him your living room! Throw at him a ball and EyePet follow the speeltje to ie it have caught and are possible thole pins. You can touch you EyePet just like ” real at “ house animal: give him to eat, carry care and play to make the EyePet still more malignant.

But there the fun does not stop. How more you with EyePet spelt, how more mobile, more expressively and more intelligently he becomes. You can sign even objects which then on-screen reach life. Sense to do gift your EyePet an air baptism? Sign and contemplates a plane how EyePet on your baffle seat oneself in the cockpit. EyePet are gezinsentertainment such as you it never saw: infinitely evolving and always fun!

KEY FEATURES
• the ideal house animal for the complete family.
• EyePet react always surprisingly differently.
• design new toy, select funny garments and personalise you house animal at discretion.
• with Dutch localised baffles and said texts.
• use in an innovative manner of the pLAYSTATION®Eye camera.
Box art

Who is/what is Milo???

[quote name='FroMann']They are actuality gonna release this on disc? I hope it comes bundled with a camera then.[/QUOTE]

Yes a basic Blu Ray release and a BluRay/PSEye camera bundle are both planned. But we will see how that works out in the different regions as time goes on.

Very impressive and looks like more than just a tech demo, although I doubt it'll be priced more than $30.

Getting warm-fuzzies over watching a virtual monkey-thing makes me feel like I'm neglecting my pet rabbit. :whistle2:(

bread's done
Back