- - - - -

Bally Astrocade. Sell as whole, or pieces?

#1 Ghost9   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:36 PM

Hey all,
I have this old Bally Astrocade system that I dug up from the basement and I think I'm going to put it up for auction on ebay or something. I'm curious what people would think I can get for it. I see some auctions on ebay where people are trying to sell some of the games I have for 200 bucks, which seems incredible. Also, I'm wondering if it's best to separate it out and sell it piece by piece or if I should sell the whole lot at once. I don't know which is the better idea. Any opinions?

This is what I have:

Bally Astrocade: The Professional Arcade Expandable Computer System - Fully functional, in fact I can't even find a scratch on it.
Original Owners manual, registration card, keypad faceplate, and I have the original box(but the box is kind of beat up with torn corners).
3 fully functional controllers, 3 broken controllers(each one has it's own issue like a trigger not working, or won't turn to the right, etc. One has a chip in the plastic casing.)

Basic Computer Programming Cartidge - Probably broken cause when I put it in, nothing seems to happen.

Games that I have and tested, all work:
2002 Sea Wolf And Bombardier - Have Manual
3002 Football - Have manual
2004 Clowns and Brickyard
2004 Grand Prix
Amazing Maze/Tic-Tac-Toe
Panzer Attack and Red Baron
2019 Cosmic Raiders
2011 Galactic Invasion
5005 Artillary Duel
3005 Bally Pin
2018 Solar Conqueror
2005 Star Battle - Manuals
2017 The Incredible Wizzard
Muncher
Dog Patch
Letter Match/Spell'N Score/Crosswords - have a small pamphlet
2012 Space Fortress
2015 Pirates Chase
3001 Tornado Baseball, Tennis, Hockey, and Handball - Have manual
2009 Astro Battle
Elementary Math and Bingo Math
2001-280 ZZZap and Dodgem
Treasure Cover

Posted Image

#2 Ghost9   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

I decided to start selling a few things separately before I sell the whole thing. If you know anyone who is interested, it's on ebay now. Link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...id=p3286.c0.m14

#3 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12655 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:12 AM

On eBay I generally see that you get more bang for your buck when you split items up.

#4 fart_bubble   A fart that says "Ni" CAGiversary!   9803 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

fart_bubble

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:33 AM

yeah, I would sell most of the hard to find ones separate and then throw the rest into a single lot (make sure you have at least one or two HTF games other wise it might not sell)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats