CAG NHL 09 League-Not dead yet-Get some games in guys

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
It looks like we will be going with a 14 team league I will be PM'ing everybody back tonight to check interest and they will have 48 hours to respond back.

1. ajh2298-Penguins*
2. Pure Apathy-Blackhawks*
3. Wpark83-Ducks*
4. Matt Young-Kings*
5. DestroVega-Devils*
6. TheRock88-Sharks
7. Danked-Wild*
8. ivanctorres-Rangers*
9. dmes65-Thrashers*
10. thatstoobad-Red Wings*
11. Gillums-Bruins*
12. CheapyD-Flyers*
13. Frankysox-Avalanche*
14. Tolmes-Canucks*
*=Confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:
AJH! Brings back memories of the NHL 2K6 league on the old black Xbox. I'm in.

Gamertag: X Matt Young X
Team: Los Angeles Kings

well, I didn't play on the old league but would like to play in this one.

gamertag: Destrovega
team: I guess I'll be the devils... unless the whalers can be resurrected somehow.

I would like to be in as the thrashers. What are the rules going to be? I work shift work and cant be home everynight at a certain time.

[quote name='dmes65']I would like to be in as the thrashers. What are the rules going to be? I work shift work and cant be home everynight at a certain time.[/QUOTE]

The schedule will be very flexable, and as far as the rules goes we will have to wait till the games comes out to see what we will do about that.

I'm in! I'm in a mlb show league with destro vega (kicked my ass btw)

Cag Name: ivanctorres
XBL GT: ICT EsqGamer
Team: NY Rangers

[quote name='Panther1484']Oh I'm def in on this...

Cag - Panther1484
XBL - MMPanther1484
Team - Tampa Bay Pengu...I mean Lighting... ;)[/quote]

Understand the joke but you arent a penguins fan?

Hmm... The two teams I usually play as have been taken so I guess I'll go with the Blackhawks.

CAG Name: RawisJericho
Gamertag: Pure Apathy
Team: Chicago Blackhawks

[quote name='ivanctorres']I'm in! I'm in a mlb show league with destro vega (kicked my ass btw)

Cag Name: ivanctorres
XBL GT: ICT EsqGamer
Team: NY Rangers[/quote]

we are in the madden league too... homes

[quote name='slickkill77']Understand the joke but you arent a penguins fan?[/quote]

Oh I am, but they were taken up before I could grab em...

Ryan Malone was one of my favorite players when he was in Pittsburgh. I figure I might as well take his new team. Gary Roberts and Mark Recchi are also there...

Damn it...I'm a Penguins fan too...I guess I'll take the Ducks. As long as Coach Bombay makes an appearence in the game.

XBox Live Tag - Wpark83

[quote name='Wpark83']Damn it...I'm a Penguins fan too...I guess I'll take the Ducks. As long as Coach Bombay makes an appearence in the game.

XBox Live Tag - Wpark83[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='ivanctorres']Bump
This still happening?[/QUOTE]

I hope so, I am hoping when the game comes out a few more people will gain some interest and sign up.

Apparently, some people have it and more stores will be getting it tonight. It's 2:22 on the west coast, so hopefully Best Buy will have it in by the time I leave the gym around 8:30 or so tonight.

[quote name='Matt Young']Apparently, some people have it and more stores will be getting it tonight. It's 2:22 on the west coast, so hopefully Best Buy will have it in by the time I leave the gym around 8:30 or so tonight.[/quote]

I'll stop back at Best Buy again then when I go grab food in 2 hours

Well, my friend who got me into hockey in the first place just called, saying he went to Best Buy and they had a sign up saying it wouldn't be in till tomorrow. fuck.

I've only played 2 games of dynasty (amongst more of other game types) but the game definitely seems harder than last year. That's good, considering I breezed to a 63-14-0-5 record en route to sweeping all 4 rounds of the playoffs in NHL 08.

But I have a feeling I will struggle against human opponents in this league. The Kings are the lowest rated team in the game, which is to be expected after they tied for the league's worst record last season and then traded away their leading scorer, and had their team captain defect to a division rival.

Got mine today. Haven't played the game that much, just went in and setup my be a pro player. Only had time to mess around a little bit on the ice. Looking forward to getting into the league games though.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4774417&postcount=12

I also came here to check and see if we are still doing this.[/QUOTE]

Yes I am still going to try and set it up I just been real busy at work this week. Also waiting to see if we get more people interested in signing up since the game is out. Would like to get 12-14 people who are dependable from the start, so we dont have the problems the Madden and NCAA leagues keep having.

Don't we have around 10-12 now? Actually, from my count, we have more than 12 teams who responding on the thread about playing who gave their gamertags and teams. If you want, I'll GM it AJh, I can set it up late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Wpark83']Don't we have around 10-12 now? Actually, from my count, we have more than 12 teams who responding on the thread about playing who gave their gamertags and teams. If you want, I'll GM it AJh, I can set it up late tonight or early tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

There is a difference in having 12 people who signed up and having 12 peoplw who will play their games.

[quote name='ajh2298']There is a difference in having 12 people who signed up and having 12 peoplw who will play their games.[/quote]

Let's send a PM to everyone who expressed interest, give them 24 hours to respond, and take the ones that do to join up? I think if they respond quickly, they are serious about doing a league.

I went over the thread and I picked out the people it seemed like they were active on the site or on the CAG club.

So far the league would look like this:

1. ajh2298-Penguins
2. Pure Apathy-Blackhawks
3. Wpark83-Ducks
4. Matt Young-Kings
5. DestroVega-Devils
6. TheRock88-Sharks
7. Danked-Wild
8. ivanctorres-Rangers
9. dmes65-Thrashers
10. thatstoobad-Red Wings
11. SVxM-Canadiens
12. Gillums-Bruins
13. CheapyD-Flyers

I play some ranked games and I can't believe I'm not good! No goals in 3 games and 5 allowed. I guess I should focus a bit less on Be A Pro mode...

[quote name='CheapyD']CheapyD
CheapyD
Flyers

I should have the game by Wednesday or Thursday[/QUOTE]

I was hoping you would join.

1. ajh2298-Penguins
2. Pure Apathy-Blackhawks
3. Wpark83-Ducks
4. Matt Young-Kings
5. DestroVega-Devils
6. TheRock88-Sharks
7. Danked-Wild
8. ivanctorres-Rangers
9. dmes65-Thrashers
10. thatstoobad-Red Wings
11. SVxM-Canadiens
12. Gillums-Bruins
13. CheapyD-Flyers

when is this scheduled to start. been real busy lately but I will pick up the game if this league is legit. Gives me a real incentive to play.

bread's done
Back