Beyond Good & Evil and AudioSurf - $4.99 - Steam

Codemaster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
AudioSurf - $4.99 - "This weekend only, pick up the music-adapting puzzle racer where you use your own music to create your own experience, AudioSurf for just $4.99. "
Beyond Good & Evil - $4.99 - "This weekend only, North American customers can pick up the action adventure game Beyond Good & Evil for just $4.99."

These weekend deals are really starting to get good. Both offers end August 25th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. I've been waiting to pick up Audiosurf for $5 ever since it came out and now I finally can. Buying this as soon as I finish my work for the day.

I love Audiosurf. Every MP3 I've thrown at it turns into fun... At $5 that's a steal. Totally worth it.

Get both. Beyond Good and Evil is an amazing game that seemed to have been shunned last gen but is highly praised by many. Audiosurf is also pretty fun since you can put your own songs in

I heavily recommend both. Audiosurf is amazing, and a nice time waster if you have an extra 30 minutes or so before having to do something.

Wow, if you don't buy Audiosurf at that price... Come on!
Buy it, it's excellent and the developer deserves the support!
I think I'm going to have to cave on Beyond for that price.

edit: I caved, I've been wanting to play BG&E anyway

[quote name='mwestep']I heavily recommend both. Audiosurf is amazing, and a nice time waster if you have an extra 30 minutes or so before having to do something.[/QUOTE]

what he said

[quote name='Foo228']Is audiosurf anything like beats on psp? (I loved that game.)[/QUOTE]

Never played (been meaning too though...). Audiosurf is kinda like a mishmash of Amplitude (PS2) and Tetris. The song determines block placement and track speed, and you race along the track collecting blocks matching up like colors.

[quote name='Zmonkay']what he said

Never played (been meaning too though...). Audiosurf is kinda like a mishmash of Amplitude (PS2) and Tetris. The song determines block placement and track speed, and you race along the track collecting blocks matching up like colors.[/QUOTE]

Tetris? No. Audiosurf is more like Klax, but the music generates the colors and track.

ive been waiting for audiosurf to go down to five bucks as well. Thanks op and beyond good and evil is such a good price (i already have it though). I say everyone should pick up both

Damn, I was thinking about buying audiosurf a week or two ago. Now I'll know I'll buy it, seems like a fun little game that can kill some time between classes.

Audiosurf is easily worth double the price he asks for it usually, so at $5 it's a STEAL.

I already have it and thinking of getting a few for gifts (shock!)...

Yes, VidPower. It's in the product description.

I was going to just get Beyond Good and Evil, but I picked up AudioSurf based on everyone's recommendation. Thanks guys! :)

I really don't like playing games on the PC -- much prefer handhelds and consoles. But I've been interested in Audiosurf and the price is right for me to jump on it... just gotta install Steam first. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Megalith']Bought both.

Beyond Good and Evil is buggy as fuck on my 8800GT.[/QUOTE]

Try these settings...

2500062533_6b84bfd076.jpg

[quote name='Megalith']Bought both.

Beyond Good and Evil is buggy as fuck on my 8800GT.[/quote]

Set everything to MAX except Anti-aliasing--I set it one notch below max, and all the graphical glitches disappeared.

Whoah. I just checked - AudioSurf really does contain the Orange Box soundtrack (including Still Alive) in MP3 form, plus the soundtrack to Half Life 1. That's 102 MP3s... This game is worth way more than $5 for the music alone!

[quote name='Bartman3010']Does Beyond Good and Evil support Widescreen?[/QUOTE]

It supports widescreen resolutions but the picture is stretched.

I was just about to buy BG&E for PS2, used. Which version do you think is better? Is the PS2 version okay? I'd rather play on a console, but they are about the same price now.

I'd recommend both highly. Beyond Good and Evil is one of my favorite games of all time.

[quote name='cheepassmager']I was just about to buy BG&E for PS2, used. Which version do you think is better? Is the PS2 version okay? I'd rather play on a console, but they are about the same price now.[/quote] I'd rather play on my comfortable couch and with a controller I am comfortable with. With that in mind, I would rather play it on my PS2 than on my PC. This PS2 was the platform of choice when they developed the game. I don't believe having any problems playing my PS2 copy.

I was getting around to starting Beyond Good and Evil and Psychonauts any day here. I was only missing BG&E. I just went to play and also experiences massive amounts of glitches. The audio was bout 5 seconds off so I have no idea what even happened at the start. The funniest glitch was that Jade's eyes were like a second behind the character so her eyes would disappear and then reappear or you'd see them following her.

This is why I never played PC games. I like to just pop in the game and not worry about correct settings and what not. I think my 9600 GT is up to snuff to play it but who knows.

Edit: Also how do I access the graphics options after I played it once? I can't find out how to get to it now.

I would love to experience Beyond Good and Evil on my laptop but would one have alot of trouble with control using a laptop keyboard/mouse? I have this game already on the Xbox and PS2 and love it. Bought the PS2 version due to the portability of my slim ps2 and work etc etc...

Just bought Audiosurf, and I'd definitely say its worth the $5. I love how can use all of your own songs to play plus any songs from the Orange Box soundtrack.

[quote name='ihadFG']Just bought Audiosurf, and I'd definitely say its worth the $5. I love how can use all of your own songs to play plus any songs from the Orange Box soundtrack.[/quote]

thats the reason i bought mine. if you could only play certain songs i wouldn't of got it.

ack, Audiosurf requires a GeForce2, not buying a new vidcard just to play it. This is why I gave up on PC gaming a long while ago.

Why am I the only one who thought Audiosurf was underwhelming. I mean I downloaded the demo, enjoyed it a handful of times, but I could see myself getting bored with it quickly...even for $5.

Also those who purchased or have played BG&E via PC, is it better to use a joystiq or controller of sorts?

[quote name='geehal']ack, Audiosurf requires a GeForce2, not buying a new vidcard just to play it. This is why I gave up on PC gaming a long while ago.[/quote]

The Geforce 2 series is ancient, in terms of video cards. Not for nothing, but requiring a video card from 2000 is not a really good reason to give up on PC gaming.

For those worried about controls, keep in mind there are plenty of quality pads out there, especially from Logitech. I know I picked up a cheap, wired Logitech from Target some years ago. Or, if you want to spend a little more, just get a wired 360 controller...or a wireless one with the adapter.

I know it says "sale ends August 25" but does it end at 12:01am Monday, or 11:59pm Monday night? I really want to get Audiosurf but I'm away from home (but will be home Monday afternoon) and only have access to a super-low end laptop (enough for checking email) which I can't install Steam on.. or is there a way to buy through a webpage or something so I'd at least have access to it?

Picked up Audiosurf as it hit my sweet spot in price. Really dug the demo when it was released but thought 10 was too much. Still suck at the game though but its still a cool little time waster

I would get these games but Cavalier Telephone has yet to send me my DSL modem for my 6 megabits per second DSL line and I am stuck to temporarily using my step-mom's AOL dial up.
Ben

I guess I tried the wrong song on my maiden voyage with the game.

Daft's Punks 'Harder Better Faster Stronger' is stuttery at the end; great in the song, but horrid in the game.

[quote name='wongjp']I love Audiosurf. Every MP3 I've thrown at it turns into fun... At $5 that's a steal. Totally worth it.[/quote]

[quote name='rcavictor1956']I would love to experience Beyond Good and Evil on my laptop but would one have alot of trouble with control using a laptop keyboard/mouse? [/QUOTE]

I highly recommend getting one of these for your laptop:

Genius MaxFire Pandora

Genius MaxFire Pandora Pro
IGN Review

The D-pads could be better, but the price is right and they are super portable. They'll fit in any laptop bag easily.

[quote name='walletandgromice']I guess I tried the wrong song on my maiden voyage with the game.

Daft's Punks 'Harder Better Faster Stronger' is stuttery at the end; great in the song, but horrid in the game.[/QUOTE]

Either turn down the graphics or defrag your drive.

[quote name='Buck']Try these settings...

2500062533_6b84bfd076.jpg
[/quote]
I started having some visual problems and tried these settings and it works perfectly now :) Thanks

bread's done
Back