1000 lbs Woman too "Fat" to Be In Court.

Layziebones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
EDINBURG, Texas (AP) -- Prosecutors are trying to decide how to jail and bring to court a nearly half-ton, bedridden woman accused of killing her 2-year-old nephew.
A grand jury indicted Mayra Lizbeth Rosales, 27, on Thursday on one count of first-degree murder and on one count of injury to a child in the death of Eliseo Gonzalez Jr. She previously had been charged with capital murder.
Rosales weighs nearly 1,000 pounds and cannot fit through a door to leave her home, leaving prosecutors wondering how to bring her to court. As of Thursday evening, she was not in custody.
Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino said that holding her at the county jail for her trial would be impossible because she needs extensive medical care.
"She would die," Trevino said in Thursday's online edition of The Monitor in McAllen.
The grand jury indicted Rosales after an autopsy confirmed investigators' suspicions that the child died March 18 because he had been struck. Investigators believe that the toddler was struck at least twice, crushing his head.
Authorities recommended that Rosales' bail be set at $150,000.
The boy's mother, Jaime Rosales, was charged with injury to a child because she is accused of leaving her son alone with his aunt. Her bail has been set at $100,000

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/22/obese.woman.ap/index.html

I feel bad for the toddler. I would recommend not trying to find any pictures of her. :D

How in the hell did she move enough to hit the kid hard enough to kill him? Roll on him and smother him, maybe. Fall on him and crush him, sure. But hitting him? ...Maybe she threw something at him.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Sorry about your brother, mang.

More Christmas gifts for you![/quote]
I rigged his little tike before hand. Ma' just got the job done.

I'm sorry, but...unless she has like, a REALLY bad health issue, like...how do you get that big? Like...I mean, you see like, 400 pound people and think, "How did you do that, dude?"

1000 pounds....that poor, poor woman.

"You couldn't come to the court, so we brought the court to you!"

Atleast that's how it works in cartoons.

[quote name='GTzerO']"You couldn't come to the court, so we brought the court to you!"

Atleast that's how it works in cartoons.[/quote]
Well, this IS a cartoonish situation...aside from the death, I mean.

Couple of thoughts here:

1. How does a 1,000 pound woman go to the bathroom? Do they make toilets that have an extra wide basin?

2. She going to jail might not be a good idea for taxpayers - They would be paying for health care.

3. Is there a jail cell big enough to accommodate her? And would it not be that much different from her normal life since I assume all she does is stay in her room...

[quote name='Xevious']Couple of thoughts here:

1. How does a 1,000 pound woman go to the bathroom? Do they make toilets that have an extra wide basin?

2. She going to jail might not be a good idea for taxpayers - They would be paying for health care.

3. Is there a jail cell big enough to accommodate her? And would it not be that much different from her normal life since I assume all she does is stay in her room...[/quote]

1. There's no moving at around 600 pounds. Bed pan.
2. Eh, people happily pay taxes for bigger wastes. I happen to think trials for obviously guilty people is a waste, but those happen all the time.
3. She'd likely be moved to a specialized hospital facility and the slow, painful rehab process would likely be her punishment. If the whole stressful ordeal doesn't kill her first.

I think she'll just get house arrest, or put into a specialized hospital such as VioletArrows suggested. As much as I believe she should be incarcerated, it would be much more burden for the state than the woman herself.

[quote name='Xevious']Couple of thoughts here:

[/quote]

Yeah, it's called the bathtub. ;)

Wait a second. Why is the mother of the toddler being arrested for leaving him with her aunt?

Its not like she was wearing a sign that said I plan on murdering your kid.

Obviously leaving a toddler with a insanely fat person wouldnt be the best for lets say an entire day but if she went to the store or something.

I am guessing they think she planned this and they thought because she is so fat they wouldnt suspect her.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']I'm curious to see what she looks like. If your going to post pics, make sure tokeep them in a spoiler tag :puke:[/quote]
obese-woman.jpg

:rofl:

This is proof that everything IS bigger in Texas!

I remember reading an article about a 800 bed-ridden man in Mexico City, earlier this year. His girlfriend used to date another morbidly obese man until he died of complications, so she moved on to another. The original article was on BBC online but I can't find here, so here's a follow-up story...

Collision cancels 800-pound man's date

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']"The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now."[/quote]

:rofl::rofl:

I really can't but help think of the song "superballs" by the insane clown posse when I think of this...

It's down, it's down with the clown, F*ck fat bitches and charge by the pound. I gets paid and I bought a new Lexus, Cuz I f*cked a bitch bigger than Texas!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strell']Does she wash herself with a rag on a stick?[/QUOTE]
I might be the only one who REALLY got that joke...

Unickuta's post is made impressively better because it looks like Tim Russert is staring at Ms. McDonalds and saying "I'd hit that."

bread's done
Back