CAG Madden League

Dr. Strangepork

CAGiversary!
Welcome to the NFC Conference of the CAG Madden 09 League! This thread is mainly for team owners. It is a continuation of the old league thread that never seemed to get off the ground. If you're looking for the AFC thread, primetime is putting that one together.

The League Ownership Roster is as follows: LEAGUE CLOSED TO NEW OWNERS

CAG ID – TEAM - PSN ID - TIME ZONE – REGISTERED?
bears.gif
lions.gif
rams.gif
cowboys.gif
4. Lexian - Cowboys - PeeKAY53 - ??? - YES
packers.gif
vikings.gif
6. Thomas96 – Vikings – Thomaticus - EST - YES
panthers.gif
7. PapiCjullo - Panthers - PapiChullo - ??? - YES
cardinals.gif
8. CD6405 - Cardinals - CD6405 - EST - Yes
eagles.gif
saints.gif
10. Dr. Strangepork - Saints - ChizelMonkee - CST - YES
49ers.gif
11. n/a - 49ers - Captainghost - ??? - YES
giants.gif
12. pinoyunggoy - Giants - bassek - PST - YES
redskins.gif
13. Bhay99 – Redskins - Bhay99 - ??? - YES
seahawks.gif
falcons.gif
15. metrognome - Falcons - Metrognome - YES
buccaneers.gif
16. m_d_amore - Bucs - mdam0re - ??? - YES

Most of the categories above should be self-explanatory. The REGISTERED? category simply means that I've confirmed that you are registered in the league by checking through the Madden game itself.

WHAT DO YOU, AS AN OWNER, NEED TO DO?
1) Check you CAG PM and PSN mailbox for league name and password. If you didn't get it from me via PSN it is probably b/c you haven't added me as a friend. Look for my friend request and say "yes." I won't bite!

2) Register for the league. Please do so ASAP. I'll see how the initial registrations go but if you don't register "soon" I'll probably give your space away after contacting you one last time.

3) Play games and have fun!:lol: SPECIAL NOTE: The league has started! You don't need to wait for the league to be full to start playing games. As long as you can find the other owners who have signed up you can play them. START PLAYING NOW!!

4) We've set up a league night to play so that there is a common time that you can exepct people to be on.
CAG NFC GAME NIGHT

Tuesdays @ 10:30pm ET (9:30CT, 8:30MT, 7:30PT)

Join one of the private lobbies to see who is online: Lobby name: CAG NFC Password: CAG

INTERESTED IN JOINING THE LEAGUE?
As of this writing there are teams available. You can claim a team by posting in this tread. Claims are first-come-first-served. If any of the original owners above relinquish their team, you'll see an adjustment to the owner roster and thread title saying so. We'd love to have you. (Check the AFC thread too in case there are openings there too).

Thanks for everyone's patience in getting this up in running. Look for future posts about league settings etc.

Thanks

Dr. Strangepork/ ChizelMonkee
NFC Commissioner (boy aren't I important!:applause:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the League Settings that primetime (AFC Commissioner) and I agreed on. There was some disagreement on the old thread about a few things, but we tried to reach agreement so we go move forward with the league.

For the "NFC CAG" League:

League Name: NFC CAG
Abbreviation: NFCCG
Max Users: 16
Games: 1
Max DNF%: ANY
Unique Rosters: Yes
Enable Draft: No
Trades: Restricted
Playoff: Yes
Quarter Length: 5 minutes
Skill Level: All-Pro
Fatigue: Yes
Injuries: Yes
Random Weather: Yes

If you have any questions about what these settings mean, let me know. I'll do my best to answer.

If I remember correctly Sprintfinanceguy said he did not have the game yet and gave up the giants, he did so in the last madden thread.

[quote name='js1']If I remember correctly Sprintfinanceguy said he did not have the game yet and gave up the giants, he did so in the last madden thread.[/quote]

Good catch. I missed that when I was reviewing the messages. The owner's list is updated.

[quote name='metrognome']I have requested the Falcons. hit me up ASAP[/quote]

Done. I saw you claimed them on the old post. Sorry I missed it.

Welcome the the NFC!

Has there been any discussion on establishing a weekly night to get together for games? It would be cool to set up a Private room called NFC CAG for people to meet up and chat while waiting for their week's opponent. Obviously we would try to find a median night/time that would work for a majority, and anyone who can't make that night can just work that out with their opponent. It would also be cool so any people who wanted to play more could run some exhibitions with other league members. We could also extend this to the AFC CAGs.

Another thing that might be cool is for people to save their good highlights after their games and post them in this thread to build some good community around the league.

Just some ideas while we wait for everybody to get registered...

I'm in EST not CST

I did join the league, so I'm in. So the winner from the NFC CAG league will play the winner from the AFC cag league?

[quote name='Thomas96']I'm in EST not CST

I did join the league, so I'm in. So the winner from the NFC CAG league will play the winner from the AFC cag league?[/quote]

Made the change to EST on the owner's roster.

That right, primetime is running the AFC. Once each league/conference champion is settled, they will play in the Super Bowl. Frankly, I'm not sure what playoff format Madden uses for its online leagues. There were no settings other than "Playoffs Y/N." It could be a 4 team playoff, it could be 8 teams, it could be 16, it could have wild cards. Who knows? It wasn't in the skimpy manual that came with the game. :D

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Made the change to EST on the owner's roster.

That right, primetime is running the AFC. Once each league/conference champion is settled, they will play in the Super Bowl. Frankly, I'm not sure what playoff format Madden uses for its online leagues. There were no settings other than "Playoffs Y/N." It could be a 4 team playoff, it could be 8 teams, it could be 16, it could have wild cards. Who knows? It wasn't in the skimpy manual that came with the game. :D[/QUOTE]

shame how they take most of the information away from the manual and throw it in the 14.99 guide.

I've had a few questions along the lines of "when do we start?"

The league has started! You don't need to wait for the league to be full to start playing games. As long as you can find the other owners who have signed up you can play them. START PLAYING NOW!!

The other owners are being added all the time. As of this writing there are 4-5 owners signed up so everyone has 3-4 games they could be playing now!!

Get going, talk smack, and have fun!

ehh, i don't like playing with a 4-3 defense, but since the dolphins are the only ones left in the AFC and the other 3-4 teams are all taken, i suppose i could deal with being the giants, as much as i hate she-li. think i can get in on this dr. strangepork?

[quote name='Bhay99']ya real gg...very close[/quote]

That last interception killed me, along with the blocked punt for a safety :(

I'll be on around 11pm EST if anybody who's joined wants to get in a league game...

send me a message on PSN if anybody wants to play.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']ehh, i don't like playing with a 4-3 defense, but since the dolphins are the only ones left in the AFC and the other 3-4 teams are all taken, i suppose i could deal with being the giants, as much as i hate she-li. think i can get in on this dr. strangepork?[/quote]

Press square at the team select screen to change PBs.

[quote name='primetime']Press square at the team select screen to change PBs.[/quote]
yeah i know but the personnel isn't matched for it. i usually only play with the chargers (obviously) steelers cowboys and browns when playing madden, since they run 3-4 and have the personnel to do it. messing with it and making a 4-3 team into a 3-4 team messes everything up, esp if they don't have good OLBs and a good second MLB.

oh btw dr strangelove i'm PST for my time zone.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']ehh, i don't like playing with a 4-3 defense, but since the dolphins are the only ones left in the AFC and the other 3-4 teams are all taken, i suppose i could deal with being the giants, as much as i hate she-li. think i can get in on this dr. strangepork?[/quote]

Ok, you're in for the Giants! Welcome! Check your PM.

Owner's roster updated.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I'll take the Giants if I can swap my 360 version of the game for the PS3 version. When do you plan on starting this?[/quote]

The Giants were claimed a few posts earlier. Is there another team you'd like? The 49ers and Bucs are available right now. Others *may* become available (or not).

"When do you plan on starting?"

It has already started but you can easily catch up. I think only one games has been played so far. See earlier posts for an explanation of how the scheduling works.

[quote name='0x3g3n']VGG Dr. Strangepork.. stupid INT killed it :([/quote]

Yeah, kinda of a crazy game with all the turn overs and big plays. I thought you had me for sure. Fun though!

Ok, so with the first day of the league under our belts, 8 of the owners have registered for the league. It looks like 3 games have been played so far. (I got through the 3rd quarter on a 4th game with Metrognome but EA's servers crapped out on us or something).

Pretty good start, I'd say. If you know any of the other owners, give 'em a shout to sign up and get going! Also, we have some teams without owners so if you know anyone who might be interested give them a shout too!

Thanks and good night.

Dr. SP

yea we just play each other. If you load up the league you can see whos online and invite them to a league game if you havent played them. I should have beaten Dr. Strangepork.. but I was stupid and passed when I should have ran the ball.. oh well.. *goes and kills self* :)

[quote name='Thomas96']oh so there's no schedule... we just play each other?[/quote]

Madden 09's online leagues uses an "open" scheduling system. (I feel like I've mentioned this in a few posts already:)). You basically play the games when you can find the opponents you haven't played already. There is no schedule. Find the opponents online and play them. Simple as that.

In case others have missed it:
PLAY HAS STARTED! JOIN THE LEAGUE AND PLAY NOW! HAVE FUN! NO MORE PRACTICE, IT IS GAME TIME!:cool:

[quote name='js1']My friend (PSN)DuckieMclovin, would like to claim the Bucs.[/quote]

I added him to the owner's roster. Is he on CAG? I've been sending league info via PM and PSN message.

I'll send him a friend request in the meantime.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Madden 09's online leagues uses an "open" scheduling system. (I feel like I've mentioned this in a few posts already:)). You basically play the games when you can find the opponents you haven't played already. There is no schedule. Find the opponents online and play them. Simple as that.

In case others have missed it:
PLAY HAS STARTED! JOIN THE LEAGUE AND PLAY NOW! HAVE FUN! NO MORE PRACTICE, IT IS GAME TIME!:cool:[/QUOTE]

oh, damn, I didn't know that.. thanks for the info, I was waiting for an email telling me when my first match was.

I'm ready!

proof: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/283066

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/283113

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Awesome vids. Glad to have you. I still haven't figured out how to upload vids yet. I've saved them after the game but not sure what to do after that.

See you online![/QUOTE]

have you ever had an account with EA, where after the game they'd send you stats in your e-mail? If so you need to go to EAsports.com and set up your account which will probably already linked to your PS3 account. If you don't have anything previous with EA, then set up an account with EA (EAsports.com) and then under profile section, link your PS3 ID as your EA persona. When you do that, you can go to the EAsportsworld.com website and change the names of your videos. Once you upload them from your PS3, they automatically go to EAsportsworld.com under your PS3 username.

you can download the videos too..

[quote name='0x3g3n']Video Highlights of me and metrognome(there of mine.. but.. 2 of the biggest plays in the game..)

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/290335

and

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/290383[/quote]

Anyone have a tutorial on how to add videos to their EA Sports World profile like you've done.

What I've tried is:
1) At the end of the game, select a play to replay through the EA Sports Highlights menu
2) Make it into a highlight by checking a camera angle.
3) It then appears in my highlights lists but there doesn't seem to be any upload button or anything like that.

I also signed up to have my post-game stats emailed to me but I have yest to see any sent. Anyone else try that?

I haven't seen any instructions posted by EA either.

Good game last night The Notorious Rob. That was my first game in the snow. There was a point where I couldn't stop your passing game. I think we're all finding that a lot of passing leads to a lot of interceptions. I think the two online games I've played so far have been decided by turnovers as much as anything.

Good luck the rest of the season!

Once you save the highlight video's you want from the game. Exit the game and go back to the main main menu. Go into my madden, then manage video highlights. There you can select the highlight and upload it. I had to go to the latest video's by date to find my vid's(I dont know if they are linked to my EA account or not, I tried linking my ps3 id w/ the EA stuff but I dont think its gone through). But that will get you your highlight videos online :)

Hey NFC team owners -

I just wanted to let you know that I'm really pleased with the way things are going so far. We've had 8 initial team registrations and I expect two more to happen shortly. More importantly, it sounds like everyone is having fun, win or lose! :D

Having said that, there are 5 owners who initially signed up to reserve a team under the old thread that I haven't heard from at all. :cry: To be fair it has only been two days since we launched the league. I've reached out one more time to these owners to see if they are still interested.

Come mid-day Thursday I will release all unclaimed teams. Hopefully this will catch the eye of someone who really wants to play the "_insert_team_here"s.

I'm trying my best to round up other players for a full league. So if you know of others on CAG who may be interested, let me know.

Thanks!

Dr. SP

bread's done
Back