Madden 09 league-AFC conference thread *FRESH START*

primetime

CAGiversary!
Alright guys. Give me a few minutes to post everything. The league is up. Look for PMs.

Please read your PMs, check in with me, and join the league on Madden 09 ASAP.

*Attention* The league password I sent to you by PM is not in all caps. It's in all lowercase letters.

colts_45x45.gif
landshrk83 Indianapolis Colts (Landshrk83) [Joined!]

chiefs_45x45.gif
dopehat Kansas City Chiefs (glzwpk) CST [Joined!]

steelers_45x45.gif
primetime Pittsburgh Steelers (primetime171) CST [Joined!]

patriots_45x45.gif
melokeith New England Patriots (cusemanKeith) EST [Joined!]

browns_45x45.gif
galvatron2k1 Cleveland Browns (galvatron2k1) EST [Joined!]

jets_45x45.gif
OPEN

chargers_45x45.gif
Furashu San Diego Chargers(Furashu) PST [Joined!]

ravens_45x45.gif
DeskLaser Baltimore Ravens (DeskLaser) EST [Joined!]

titans_45x45.gif
9.m3gatr0nx Tennesse Titans (funkydb) EST [Joined!]

raiders_45x45.gif
10.ChrisLemieux Oakland Raiders (XUEIMEL) PST [Joined!]

broncos_45x45.gif
11.monkdubilous Denver Broncos (monkdubilous) EST [Joined!]

dolphins_45x45.gif
.AdvOfJet Miami Dolphins (QuantamPulse) [Joined!]

jaguars_45x45.gif
js1 Jacksonville Jaguars (Ghost_Face_36) EST [Joined!]

bengals_45x45.gif
samurai-Hon Cincinnati Bengals (samurai-Hon) [Joined!]

bills_45x45.gif
15.woody_08 Buffalo Bills (bills_fan07) EST [Joined!]

hou.gif
16.jmc_323 Houston Texans (chokes) [Joined!]

EDIT 1: Alright guys, PMs are going out. Next I'll be checking through the main league thread for any changes then sending PSN messages.

EDIT 2: All PMs and PSN messages are out. Please reply back to me. I'll work on linking the names next.

Last edited by a moderator:
League Name: AFC CAG
Abbreviation: AFCCG
Max Users: 16
Games: 1
Max DNF%: ANY
Unique Rosters: Yes
Enable Draft: No
Trades: Restricted
Playoff: Yes
Quarter Length: 5 minutes
Skill Level: All-Pro
Fatigue: Yes
Injuries: Yes
Random Weather: Yes

Im In. Btw you might want to tell people the password is all in lower case instead of uppercase like it was in the pm

[quote name='dopehat']Im In. Btw you might want to tell people the password is all in lower case instead of uppercase like it was in the pm[/quote]

Really? My bad. On the league settings screen it shows me all caps.

Thanks.

[quote name='Furashu']checking in, im about to join the league on madden right now.

i am able to play on Wednesday... a 4pm PST- 7PM[/quote]

Thanks Furashu. I was wondering what was taking you so long. :D

Hey, I think we're doing pretty well guys. Just a few need to get back to me.

How many days are we going to wait for people before we give their spot away? I might have some one who is interested in playing, either conference would be fine.

Thanks for setting this up. I am still in for the Titans and will join the league as soon as I get home tonight.

My availability usually runs from 8pm-11pm EST Sunday thru Thursday. Friday nights and Saturdays are more sporadic, but I can be available most times by request. Just PM me or message me on PSN

GLHF!

[quote name='js1']How many days are we going to wait for people before we give their spot away? I might have some one who is interested in playing, either conference would be fine.[/quote]

At least a few days, since we can already start playing games without waiting on them.

[quote name='primetime']At least a few days, since we can already start playing games without waiting on them.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I was wondering because my buddy TBuckner(PSN) Is interested mainly in the raiders, but i'll let him know if any other teams are available.

Non league - I got disconnected twice today - no penalty (no DNF), but no credit for a win or loss. I'm assuming that if you get a loss, it was your own connection, and a win means the other guy, and nothing means it was EA's problem. Does this sound correct?

keith

[quote name='melokeith']I got disconnected twice today - no penalty (no DNF), but no credit for a win or loss. I'm assuming that if you get a loss, it was your own connection, and a win means the other guy, and nothing means it was EA's problem. Does this sound correct?

keith[/quote]

Same thing happened to me last night. Neither one of us received a DNF so I reached the same conclusion you did. Sounds like a good guess, but I can't be sure.

Just picked this up on Clearance at Target. If there is still a spot open, even the Dolphins, I'll take it. I do live right around the corner from them anyways.

Not sure if you are still doing sign ups, the topic says yes but the first post says no.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Just picked this up on Clearance at Target. If there is still a spot open, even the Dolphins, I'll take it. I do live right around the corner from them anyways.

Not sure if you are still doing sign ups, the topic says yes but the first post says no.[/quote]

You're in. Sorry for the confusion. I'll PM you the details ASAP.

Alright guys, we're 10 strong right now and 3 more just have to join the league. I'll give the other 3 a little while then we'll take care of it.

In the meanwhile, try to get some games in.

[quote name='js1']Ok, I was wondering because my buddy TBuckner(PSN) Is interested mainly in the raiders, but i'll let him know if any other teams are available.[/quote]

There will probably be a spot or 2 open before the end of the week, maybe closer to midweek.

GG dopehat. I can't I played that bad! I just played my WORST game of madden EVER! I still can't take away from what you did. We both were sloppy at times, but second half you picked it up. You got lucky on a few of the plays. I see your one of those guys who are in shotgun most of the time, it worked for you though. By doing that you were able to avoid some of the pressure to get the ball off in time. I threw many,many rushed dumb passes. Oh well, you definitely earned your win fair and square. Well meet again come playoff time.;)

[quote name='js1']GG dopehat. I can't I played that bad! I just played my WORST game of madden EVER! I still can't take away from what you did. We both were sloppy at times, but second half you picked it up. You got lucky on a few of the plays. I see your one of those guys who are in shotgun most of the time, it worked for you though. By doing that you were able to avoid some of the pressure to get the ball off in time. I threw many,many rushed dumb passes. Oh well, you definitely earned your win fair and square. Well meet again come playoff time.;)[/QUOTE]

I figure since I have a crappy offensive line. I gotta go shotgun most of the time because running doesn't work too well. And at least shotgun I have time to scramble if needed be. But GG to you too.

[quote name='dopehat']I figure since I have a crappy offensive line. I gotta go shotgun most of the time because running doesn't work too well. And at least shotgun I have time to scramble if needed be. But GG to you too.[/QUOTE]

You ran pretty well, i'd say.

I'm thinking of putting fred taylor on the trading block. I would prefer a WR, tight end or perhaps a MLB, so I can use a 3-4 defense. Hit me up either on PSN or here at CAG if interested. Perhaps there is a way we can do more than a one player trade...

[quote name='AdvOfJet']I still need the info on getting into the league when you get a chance to send it.[/quote]

Dang dude, my bad :bomb: You were really polite about that though. :)

Heh no problem. I got all the info and will join the league in a couple hours when I load everything up. Thanks again for letting me squeak in at the last minute. Now if I can just squeeze out a win with the dolphins lol.

Ok, playing my first league game online now and I have to say that it's almost unplayable to me. There is so much delay between any button press and the action onscreen that I cant do anything.

Even navigating through the menu is extremely irritating. It is impossible to aim a kick as the arrow only moves in huge chunks. The game is even registering double button presses and keeps throwing as soon as i hike the ball.

Now I get a delay of game cause it wont click through the play selection menu .. arghh....

basically just sitting through the game at this point to not get a DNF...

Edit: Just finished the game and definitely had fun but still had some technical problems. About 5 times during the game it would throw as soon as the ball was hiked even though I had only pressed X once. Also there were several time that I had no idea what play I choose initially as I would pushed "Right" then X thinking I would be choosing the next play over only to have the cursor move 2 or 3 screens over on its own then choose a play.

Of course I also learned that the skill test at the beginning of the game was right when it kept me a rookie level for run blocking lol.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Ok, playing my first league game online now and I have to say that it's almost unplayable to me. There is so much delay between any button press and the action onscreen that I cant do anything.

Even navigating through the menu is extremely irritating. It is impossible to aim a kick as the arrow only moves in huge chunks. The game is even registering double button presses and keeps throwing as soon as i hike the ball.

Now I get a delay of game cause it wont click through the play selection menu .. arghh....

basically just sitting through the game at this point to not get a DNF...[/QUOTE]

Yah I got that too although it wasn't as bad with my first game. I believe they are going to try and release a patch to fix some of these issues in the next couple of weeks.

[quote name='dopehat']Yah I got that too although it wasn't as bad with my first game. I believe they are going to try and release a patch to fix some of these issues in the next couple of weeks.[/quote]

There's a post over in the NFC thread about the fixes they are working on. It is pretty lengthy so I won't copy it here, but go check it out if you're interested.

I haven't had the problems that the earlier poster described. The only delay I'm seeing is during the kick mechanism (kickoffs, field goals, punts). The way he describes it, it does sound unplayable. I hope those issues are resolved.

I was getting those button lag issues when I had my bluetooth headset connected...turned off the headset and the lag seemed to go away. Might have been a coincidence...I have a different headset I want to try and see if the same thing happens.

[quote name='m3gatr0nx']I was getting those button lag issues when I had my bluetooth headset connected...turned off the headset and the lag seemed to go away. Might have been a coincidence...I have a different headset I want to try and see if the same thing happens.[/quote]

I didn't have my headset turned on at the time so I don't think that was my issue. It seemed to dissipate later on in the game which leads me to believe that it definitely has something to do with the servers on the EA side.

[quote name='js1']I'm thinking of putting fred taylor on the trading block. I would prefer a WR, tight end or perhaps a MLB, so I can use a 3-4 defense. Hit me up either on PSN or here at CAG if interested. Perhaps there is a way we can do more than a one player trade...[/QUOTE]

bump

wow i just had the worst lost to chokes yesterday.
chargers vs texans and i lost 21-23 i was stopping him most of the day.
on a first down conversion antonio gates miraculously fumbles and hes on the 10 in his own redzone.

to take the lead 21-13 i pass it to buster davis and hes on the five and i get the first down. and buster davis fumbles. still a 14-13 game he goes down the field scores a fg.

wow i was pretty mad after the game lol.

all fun though.

would love to take the colts if i'm allowed to be in 2 leagues at the same time like js1 suggested in the nfc thread. is that possible?

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']would love to take the colts if i'm allowed to be in 2 leagues at the same time like js1 suggested in the nfc thread. is that possible?[/quote]

I'll talk to Dr. SP. In the meantime, someone else can post.

If it's OK though, we'll give them to pinoy.

As an Indianapolis fanatic, I'd love to take the Colts! I'm not playing in the other league.

[quote name='landshrk83']As an Indianapolis fanatic, I'd love to take the Colts! I'm not playing in the other league.[/quote]

Sorry pinoy, I think we're gonna give it to him.

Great, I'm in and signed up. I can play a game or two one night this weekend, feel free to add me to friend lists and invite me to a game if you see me on.

2-0 baby, Who Dey!!!

But I do need a high draft pick so maybe I should start losing.

Question, how does the end of season draft work for leagues?

[quote name='samurai-hon']2-0 baby, Who Dey!!!

Question, how does the end of season draft work for leagues?[/quote]

We Dey! :D I should be on this evening.

There's no end of season draft. This is just like single season mode.

[quote name='samurai-hon']2-0 baby, Who Dey!!!

Question, how does the end of season draft work for leagues?[/quote]

I don't think it does. Madden 09 leagues would be more accurately described as a tournament. You can have a "fantasy" draft at the beginning, but once the season is over, the playoffs begin and once those end I think the league is over.

It isn't as realistic as we would want or as, I believe, EA lead us to believe.

Is there any way through Madden to see if anyone from the league is on or do I need to add everyone in the league as friends?

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Is there any way through Madden to see if anyone from the league is on or do I need to add everyone in the league as friends?[/quote]

Go to league standings and there is a column that tells you who is online.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Is there any way through Madden to see if anyone from the league is on or do I need to add everyone in the league as friends?[/quote]

No they don't need to be your friend, but I think it helps.

Either way, when you're in madden, go to Online -> Online Leagues -> My Leagues

Once you're into your league check League Standings (or something like that). It will show everyone in your league with their win/loss record, the team they are using etc. If you scroll all the way over to the right, you'll see a circle. If that circle has a check that means they are online.

Another, (and better IMHO) method: Click R3 in the standings page. This will bring up your message center. Use L2 to scroll to your address book. Then us R2 to scroll to your league's members. This is better b/c it will tell you not only if they are online, but if they are playing Madden and what in Madden they are doing (Franchise, online game, front end, etc). If you see someone who isn't in an online game already, hit 'em up with a league game invite!

I've also found that it is best if you let someone know that you are inviting them through the PSN messaging. If just seems to do a better job of getting their attention than just inviting through Madden.

Hope that helps. Have fun!

bread's done
Back