No Sir, you can't review in iTunes w/o CC

raistlin

CAGiversary!
Okay I have a few free minutes tonight before my slumber so I thought I would take this time tonight to clear this up. It is not possible to create an apple account without a credit card. Even if you have an AOL account a credit card is still required.

I hope Cheapy is reading this, his opinion is really the only one that matters to me. At any rate here is a series of screen shots to demonstrate what happens if you try to sign up for an apple store account through iTunes with (or without AOL minus the first screen shot).

10f9v0g.jpg

Click Review and you will get this screen...

rud7vt.jpg

Click I agree, then click continue and you will get this screen...

1zvnrs.jpg

Enter your information on that page and click continue which
leads to this page....

33ej0gp.jpg

If you click continue without entering in credit card information you get
this page...

30lmem1.jpg

Case closed. :applause:

[quote name='Killbreed']So what happens if someone wants to use an itunes card. do they still need to enter CC info?[/quote]

Not sure.. I remember way back in the day someone gave me an itunes gift card and i didnt need a cc to sign up for an account.

Yeah, I wrote a few iTunes reviews, and removed my credit card account information. I suppose it's a way to regulate reviews. However, reading some reviews left on popular podcasts, I don't think they were successful. And by "they" I mean the teachers who tried to educate those card holders on the basics of literacy. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Smallville123']Not sure.. I remember way back in the day someone gave me an itunes gift card and i didnt need a cc to sign up for an account.[/quote]

I could live with something like a gift card. But even then it still burns. What, now I or someone else needs to spend money for the privilege of reviewing a podcast? (Note: Nobody I know would consider purchasing an iTunes gift card for any other reason.)

Yeah, I wrote a few iTunes reviews, and removed my credit card account information. I suppose it's a way to regulate reviews. However, reading some reviews left on popular podcasts, I don't think they were successful. And by "they" I mean the teachers who tried to educate those card holders on the basics of literacy. :whistle2:#
That sounds like something I would consider as well. But you know Apple has that information cached somewhere whether they are willing to admit it or not. Again, a credit card for the privilege? bah... Anyways ...

The point of this thread to begin with was to show Cheapy that

A. It's not currently possible to review in iTunes without spending money or giving away personal information.

B. This is the reason most CAG's I know refuse to do it.

That is all thank you for reading! =)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='raistlin']I could live with something like a gift card. But even then it still burns. What, now I or someone else needs to spend money for the privilege of reviewing a podcast?

That sounds like something I would consider as well. But you know Apple has that information cached somewhere whether they are willing to admit it or not. Again, a credit card for the privilege? bah... Anyways I help the Cagcast in many other ways so no worries.[/quote]

It figures they'd cache it.. :bomb:

Why wouldn't Apple just let people post reviews?

I hate iTunes...only reason I use it over WMP is because of the podcasts

Yeah, when I signed up with an iTunes card I didn't need to give out CC info, don't know if you can sign up that way without having an iTunes card.

To save myself time I'm not going to reply to each one of you individually. Let me just make the initial intent of this post be known & understood.

First of all a while back Cheapy said in an episode that it was possible to create an Apple account with an AOL account without using a credit card. I think I made my point v/clear that this is not possible via those screen shots.

Secondly and more importantly, we should not have to give out any personal information or buy Apple cards just to post a review. Also using a Paypal account is no different then offering a credit card, it contains all kinds of personal info. Unless you want to go to the trouble to create a fake account just to post a review, but that's really missing my point.

Apple just needs to get their head out of their butt and allow people to create accounts without expecting us to give them a damn credit card. Podcasts like the Cagcast would get a crap load more reviews if they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess they've switched it up, it was possible before w/o CC and now its required. So hold on to your non-CC linked itunes accounts?

bread's done
Back