At least the kids are safe...its another happy ending

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Can you believe this. The last line says it all:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,409965,00.html

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A man who grabbed a knife to try to get his two young children out of a locked car died when he fell on the blade, Charlotte police said.

The Charlotte Observer reported that 22-year-old Miguel Angel Rivera Lemus died Sunday afternoon at Carolinas Medical Center after being stabbed in the chest.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police were investigating but said Lemus' death appears to have been an accident.

Lemus and his wife had dropped by their apartment briefly before planning an errand when they realized they had locked their children and keys in the car, authorities said.

The woman searched for spare keys and Lemus grabbed a large butcher knife he hoped to use to pry open a window, police said. Lemus fell down six stairs and landed on the knife, police said.

The woman got the children out with the spare keys.

I laughed, too. It is the shame the kids lost their father, but the kids might have a better life if their authority figure is replaced with something more intelligent such as a beer coaster.

I wonder how old the kids are.

i like how they word the ending... dad falls down stairs and lands on the blade and dies... mom lets kids out with the spare keys

It's one thing to lock your keys in the car, most everyone's done that. It's something else entirely when you forget your two kids. But to do both of those and then accidentally kill yourself in the retrieval process? This thread needs that Picard facepalm image.

The juxtaposition is funny, but he didn't really do anything especially stupid except accidentally fall down stairs. Using a knife probably isn't the best idea, but it wouldn't have really been that big a deal if he hadn't fallen.

So yeah, I can believe it, it makes sense. One parent was searching for keys while the other tried to get some other tool to get the door open. Then something bad happens. I don't think it's quite Darwin worthy.

....sorry for ruining the joke

[quote name='Machine']A nominee for the Darwin Awards[/quote]

[quote name='darthbudge']This guy is gonna win a Darwin award for sure.[/quote]

Can't qualify. He's already procreated. Now, if he'd locked his wife in before they had kids...

Still stupid though.

[quote name='keithp']Umm, I wonder how old the kids were, and if they couldn't have simply UNLOCKED THE DOOR.[/quote]

Precisely what I first thought. The dad seems to have overreacted. I mean, it's not like the car was on train tracks or trapped in the middle of a pack of wild ogres. The kids would be better off with a pirate as a dad, as at least pirates can run around with daggers in their mouths, jump to and fro, and not kill themselves. :whistle2:# Yar!

bread's done
Back