Spore Creatures - out Sept. 7th!

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Wow, I did a search and am quite surprised there was no topic running for this game, especially as it comes out so soon (Sept. 7th). I don't know much about the main Spore game or how this differs, but nonetheless I have preordered this at Blockbuster ;).

And one review is up now:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/spore

...a 90 from something called Games Master UK. But unfortunately there's no text to read for it.

Here's an IGN preview (though rather old): http://ds.ign.com/articles/891/891114p1.html

Discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll keep on eye on this thread. I was at gamestop with my gf this weekend and she was asking about Spore because she's a huge Sims fan. She only has a laptop though, so probably can't run the pc version, plus the day after we were at GS she went back and bought herself a DS. So now it'll probably be between this game and Viva Pinata to fill her simulation fix on DS.

And if anyone is interested in a demo, there's one up on the Nintendo Channel right now. It's only a "creature creator" demo, but it's certainly a prelude to the game.

Looking at the videos on youtube, DS version looks like Black and White without the villagers. Tamagotchi DS? :cry:

i played the demo. making the creatures was kind of fun. i would have liked to explore the planet a little as well. i still don't fully understand what this game is all about.

i'll probably just give in and get the pc version. but i'm very curious to hear how both of the versions turn out.

After playing the game for a few days, I think I'm done with it. It's an amusing game and all, but it just feels a little shallow and unwieldy. My initial interest wore off after a few plays. Some things are just more tedious than they should be: making friends gets old fast, as you're required to do the same basic actions again and again; replenishing health is tiresome; and objectives aren't always obvious. There's a lot to do in the game, with tons of "achievements" to strive for. But for someone like me who doesn't game that much anymore, I need my gaming time occupied by the higher echelon. It's time for me to move on.

[quote name='utopianmachine']After playing the game for a few days, I think I'm done with it. It's an amusing game and all, but it just feels a little shallow and unwieldy. My initial interest wore off after a few plays. Some things are just more tedious than they should be: making friends gets old fast, as you're required to do the same basic actions again and again; replenishing health is tiresome; and objectives aren't always obvious. There's a lot to do in the game, with tons of "achievements" to strive for. But for someone like me who doesn't game that much anymore, I need my gaming time occupied by the higher echelon. It's time for me to move on.[/QUOTE]

game is VERY SHORT. After your done on the 3rd planet you can beat the game in like a hour or two.

cant remember if its the 4th or 5th planet its ONe simple thing and your done in 10 mins

bread's done
Back