Amazon.com Sucks

belal.rawi

CAG Veteran
So I ordered a game from Amazon.com Aug. 21st.

It took them until Aug 25th to process the order. I then got the message that "Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit." It showed that the order was being shipped from Kansas City, Less then 2 hours from where I live so I thought I would get it in a day or two.

Today, Aug 28th Tracking show that the order arrived at the Kansas City USPS Office and is being processed there.

HOW THE fuck CAN A SMALL BOX TAKE 3 fuckING DAYS TO GET FROM A WAREHOUSE TO THE POST OFFICE IN THE SAME CITY!
I could haven driven the the damn warehouse and back home over 15 times by now.

I asked em what the hell was up with that and they told me to call back if it doesn't show up by the estimated delivery date. If it takes 3 days to take across the same city, Ill probably see somewhere in 2009.

Sounds like you have a USPS problem not an Amazon problem. Also you say it isn't even the estimated date yet? And did you choose free shipping?

Call the Post Office with the tracking information and explain the situation, and try too be a little professional with the post office.

Amazon provided the item you ordered to the shipping company specified. If there are problems from that point on, it is no fault of Amazon.

As the previous poster stated, if you chose 'Free Shipping', it may take a lot longer to get to you, but what do you want for free?

Get a prime membership if you want the game processed and shipped faster.
Even if its a USPS problem, Amazon wont take 4 days to process an order if you have a Prime account. So still it should arrive sooner.

Amazon doesn't suck, I think 99.9% of everyone on this forum absolutely adores Amazon. If there is a problem, it's usually never Amazon's fault, but if it IS they will always fix it.

[quote name='xBrandonx']Isn't Prime Free? Or do you need to pay for it? :|[/QUOTE]

70-75 a year or something like that, WELL worth it, I order almost everything I need from Amazon now and get it in 2 days!

[quote name='belal.rawi']So I ordered a game from Amazon.com Aug. 21st. It took them until Aug 25th to process the order.[/quote]

Did the original listing say that it may take a few days to ship? That's usually the issue right there in most cases. I've had to order different books and whatnot many a time since there's a good difference between "Available" and "Will Ship in 3-5 Days." Can't ship what you don't have, really.

Oh, and don't trust the USPS tracking all of the time. I've had that plenty of times before, where my package was either "shipping" out of a certain office or had "arrived" at my post office just 2 minutes away. It means next to nothing most of the time, sadly.

As an example, it has taken Express Mail packages to take well more than a few days to reach me from the post office down the street. The local postal explanation was:

"Priority Mail should arrive in 2-3 days. Express Mail should arrive by sometime the next day. However, it's not a guarantee, and whatever happens happens. That's how it is, we're not accountable."

So...I tend to put more faith in Amazon being OK on this one and the USPS giving you the screw, but that's just me. I have a tinge of bias.

Really? They told you Express Mail isn't guaranteed? It's the only service that has a money-back guaranteed delivery time, depending upon the origin and destination. Sounds like your problem is with a particular branch and not the entire USPS. I've only had great experiences with them.

[quote name='Maromi']Really? They told you Express Mail isn't guaranteed? It's the only service that has a money-back guaranteed delivery time, depending upon the origin and destination. Sounds like your problem is with a particular branch and not the entire USPS. I've only had great experiences with them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sounds like you just have an asshole person running your post office, Express is always guaranteed.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Amazon doesn't suck, I think 99.9% of everyone on this forum absolutely adores Amazon. If there is a problem, it's usually never Amazon's fault, but if it IS they will always fix it.[/QUOTE]

I agree, Amazon is pretty much awesome.

while i love amazon especially for all the books i buy, i do have an issue with them holding orders for 3-4 days is you select free shipping.

[quote name='Kapwanil']
As an example, it has taken Express Mail packages to take well more than a few days to reach me from the post office down the street. The local postal explanation was:

"Priority Mail should arrive in 2-3 days. Express Mail should arrive by sometime the next day. However, it's not a guarantee, and whatever happens happens. That's how it is, we're not accountable."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Maromi']Really? They told you Express Mail isn't guaranteed? It's the only service that has a money-back guaranteed delivery time, depending upon the origin and destination. Sounds like your problem is with a particular branch and not the entire USPS. I've only had great experiences with them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cmosfm']Yeah, sounds like you just have an asshole person running your post office, Express is always guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The official word on priority mail is 2-3 days, but most definitely not guaranteed. Either they or you ;) are mixing up the official word on priority mail and express mail. Express is 100% guaranteed. This last Christmas I sent a package on Christmas Eve or the day before and they guaranteed next day delivery. It didn't arrive until the day after that and I was able to quickly and easily get my full shipping cost ($50 or so!) back.

As for Amazon, yeah, the free shipping sucks in terms of both processing time and transit time. Maybe they sent it media mail? That could account for a long transit time even if you are nearby - sometimes that stuff actually will go the other direction to one of the major processing facilities, and then BACK to where you are ;). I could never justify paying $70-$75 just to get slightly better shipping though - as a result I don't use Amazon unless I don't mind waiting for whatever it is.

I ordered something on the 20th via free shipping and it sat at to be shipped til the 24th and it got shipped by the 27th a day before the estimated day of arrival. Take from that what you will.

Prime ship is usually two days or less =). Get a group of people to chip in (max is 5 different addresses I think) and it'll be only $16-17 per person for a year.

I ordered a Tim Wakefield jersey from Amazon for my brother wanted it in two days (game was in 3), used my free trial of prime....and got it in time. Amazon has always been the best online retailer for me.

You know, I don't really care about the extra time for free shipping. Amazon has amazing deals; they give you free shipping; their customer service throws out promo coupons like crazy if you're unhappy.

I mean, if you're wanting an item fast, you should never choose a free shipping method from anywhere, because it's always going to be the cheapest and slowest method. I'm never in a rush to get my stuff, so I never mind waiting.

Depending on the location of the poster, it is NOT guaranteed. As it turns out the official line is that "one business day to *MOST* locations."

As an aside, AMAZON is taking away the PRICE MATCH guarantee starting 9/1/08. Fail.

[quote name='io']Exactly. The official word on priority mail is 2-3 days, but most definitely not guaranteed. Either they or you ;) are mixing up the official word on priority mail and express mail.[/quote]

Well, to be fair to my local branch, that was their definition for both. Priority wasn't much of a problem since I never bothered sending through them using that (used other branches nearby, never a problem), but with Express...well, that's what they said. ;)

Of course, this was during the period where they didn't deliver the mail to half of our block because the mailman just couldn't finish his route on time and it would have to wait until "tomorrow." When it ended up that the worker really only worked two hours of the day and just did whatever after lunch, the community found out and, well, lots of faces changed very quickly in that office. :lol:

I can't blame some of them for their attitudes, though. I wouldn't want to deal with most people around here, either. ;)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Depending on the location of the poster, it is NOT guaranteed. As it turns out the official line is that "one business day to *MOST* locations."

As an aside, AMAZON is taking away the PRICE MATCH guarantee starting 9/1/08. Fail.[/quote]

Aye, that's what I said. ;)

I always choose free shipping first, and if it's taking forever for them to process my order I just bump my shipment method up to something else. That usually solves the problem. Sometimes my free shipments get to me in a couple of days.

Gotta continue with the Amazon lovefest here. Prime is well worth it and can pay for itself very shortly if you are a bargain-hunter. Amz just shipped Merc 2 :360: to me for $52.75, no tax, Prime 2-day shipping. You get what you pay for...something that is "free shipping" is no exception.
Amazon gets more money from me than CC, BB, TRU, GS and Target combined. Consistent good deals, no tax (w00t!!!), customer service that is usually willing to work with you on problems and fast delivery with Prime. I get many items the next day using my free 2 day shipping. I bought a computer from them recently and paid $4 for 1 day shipping. A 20+ pound computer! You can't fault Amazon with that kind of service.
OP sucks! :lol: J/K...but you can't expect to get stuff in 2 days using free shipping.

Regarding Amazon Prime, do they use a specific shipping company all the time for those purchases, or is it random? I've looked on their website and the closest answer I came across in their FAQ section was that it was random.

I've been interested in Amazon Prime, however living in a secured entry condo means that 99% of the time deliveries are attempted when I'm not home. This isn't a problem if it's shipped via UPS since the package is taken to the facility that's about 5 min. from my condo. However when it's FedEx, then it's a pain in the ass, as that's a 40 min. round trip drive just to pick it up.

[quote name='iamthekiller']Amazon is probably the best online retailer there is.

The OP is the one that sucks.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He should be banned from the internet for making a statement like that. Especially since his problem isnt even Amazons fault. Oh well, people will be people I guess.

You can't blame Amazon for the USPS being incompetent.

Amazon still rocks even though their post order price guarantee is ending.

bread's done
Back