- - - - -

GS/EB Ad for 8/29 - 9/4 w/ Coupon - 25% Off Any Used 360/Xbox Games (Limit 3)

#31 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49872 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

Guess it's time to pick up Kane & Lynch, as it's $16.25 AC + EDGE. Have to see if there's a couple other games worth picking up at the same time. I'd pick up Army of Two, though $29.24 AC + EDGE is still a little steep for my blood. Maybe it'll drop between now and Thursday.

#32 menikmati   Isolation, self-damnation CAGiversary!   3551 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

Going to pick up Dark Sector.

#33 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   8093 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

Well I had a nice little instance at my favorite local GameStop. I did a return/rebuy on 9 games, and we were talking and what not, and he screwed up the return in my favor. He put their standard used prices in, instead of the discounted prices I got them for to begin with. We both didn't notice it until we got to the end, because they had minty copies of GRID and Madden 09 there so I picked them up as well. It came back with me having $8 dollars in credit left when I should have owed $34 or so.

I told him we could go back and fix everything but he was like don't worry about it, it was only about $40 in your favor. This guy is the store manager too. To thank him and make up for the little error I went ahead and preordered 3 more games. That seemed to make things better for him and he was pleasant through the whole thing with the returns and rebuys. I really am glad that I have such a pleasant GameStop around here.

#34 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2219 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

why would people already have sold Tales of Vesperia? It just came out.

#35 Versafied   Formerly known as vlv723 CAGiversary!   2934 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

*gulp* My wallet is going to take a beating today.

Anyone played Too Human? I was supposed to get that on rental but GameFly snubbed me (a la Netflix Throttling)

I have to buy my games back here in California, god I don't to pay high taxes in Tennessee...

#36 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   8093 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

I talked to the GameStop employee today about the game and he said it wasn't a full price game after playing through it. He said I should probably wait until it drops some more to justify it.

#37 Zushi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:19 PM

Thanks! I will be glued to Gamestop.com looking for used copies of Tales of Vesperia and/or Infinite Undiscovery until Thursday. lol!

#38 rhymetimesfine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

rhymetimesfine

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

thanks for the update, jp0213. I tend to get this a few days later

#39 Lord_Kefka   Son of a Submariner! CAGiversary!   2422 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:32 PM

I used to manage a Gamestop for a few years, and there was ALWAYS someone who would trade in a just released game within the first week after buying it from the store. Someone didn't like it, suddenly needed the cash, whatever. The people who like the game will be playing for awhile, I'm hoping for the unsatisfied buyer. :)

#40 HiddenPanda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

HiddenPanda

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:35 PM

Well I had a nice little instance at my favorite local GameStop. I did a return/rebuy on 9 games, and we were talking and what not, and he screwed up the return in my favor. He put their standard used prices in, instead of the discounted prices I got them for to begin with. We both didn't notice it until we got to the end, because they had minty copies of GRID and Madden 09 there so I picked them up as well. It came back with me having $8 dollars in credit left when I should have owed $34 or so.

I told him we could go back and fix everything but he was like don't worry about it, it was only about $40 in your favor. This guy is the store manager too. To thank him and make up for the little error I went ahead and preordered 3 more games. That seemed to make things better for him and he was pleasant through the whole thing with the returns and rebuys. I really am glad that I have such a pleasant GameStop around here.

Always nice to return the favor, even if it was the result of a mistake :D

Time for some Dead Rising! BRAAAAAAINSSSS

#41 DanteMayCry   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

DanteMayCry

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

Wow, you are one lucky sob. :D

#42 danny51990   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   13 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

danny51990

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:49 PM

I went all out with this coupon..ive been saving ever since i seen the nintendo coupon two weeks ago. After making a multiple visits at 2 gamestops I ended up withfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Danny/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Danny/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg ghost recon advanced warfighter,saints row,hitman blood money, assassins creed,dead rising, blacksite area51, elderscroll IV oblivion, army of two and rainbow six vegas. kinda sucks though that my whole weekend is booked and i wont be able to play them till monday:cry:

#43 ObiBen   Form Titan! CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:54 PM

Thanks jp, I was planning on making some trades!

#44 jmillion   Gaming is Therapeutic CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

jmillion

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:56 PM

cant wait to pick up some xb/360 games.

i cant remember, does it work on accessories too?

#45 JohnnyDrama   VICTORY!!!! CAGiversary!   2862 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

JohnnyDrama

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

might not take part in this coupon..

backlog is getting huge... although I'm usually terrible at resisting these coupons.

My backlog is getting larger also, especially with the past PS3/PS2/PSP coupon. Now I have about 10 PS2 RPGs that won't be played for awhile.

#46 Over easy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1610 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

Thanks! I will be glued to Gamestop.com looking for used copies of Tales of Vesperia and/or Infinite Undiscovery until Thursday. lol!

Just so you know, their website only updates once a day. I believe it's 8AM EST.

#47 fatez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   733 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

yes! i've been waiting for this coupon! :)

#48 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   8093 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:29 PM

After hearing some of the GameStop horror stories every week, I really do feel lucky. I also went to the other local store and picked up Too Human. It was nice and minty. I couldn't help it, even if the game is mediocre, for $38 and some change after taxes, it's worth that in my book.

Did anyone else notice on the coupon it says to go to www.gamestop.com/email to get deals like this delivered to your inbox. Now, I'm pretty sure you have to be on the mailing list to actually get these coupons, right? Just thought that was odd.

#49 Destructor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   147 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Destructor

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:39 PM

For some reason the link to the ad is not working for me, it keeps popping up the html 404 something page. Anyone with another link? Thanks though TS for the awesome find something I was looking for awhile.

#50 manthing   etc, etc, etc, etc, CAGiversary!   18149 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

What are some fo the best games for the 360? I'll probably have one before or around Christmas, may pick up a few games now.

Gears of War
Dead Rising
Crackdown
Ninja Gaiden 2
Call of Duty 4*
Bioshock*

*not exclusive to 360

#51 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

This happens to me all the time with online returns. I end up making money just searching for complete copies. 9 for 10 so far.

#52 xtreme_Zr2   Mr. Sonny Crockett CAGiversary!   1022 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Love this coupon.

Tiger '09 within the next week pleeeeease!!

#53 svt1029   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   192 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

so does this stack with the b2g1 on xbox original?

#54 zenintrude   habitual line stepper CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

zenintrude

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

got these:

1st GameStop:

Blue Dragon
DDR2
Forza 2/Marvel Ultimate

Total: $39

2nd GameStop:

Indigo Prophecy

Total: $7

#55 JP   Member of the Ravens Nation! Trade-in Value Team   8093 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

so does this stack with the b2g1 on xbox original?

These coupons rarely stack with other promotions. Sometimes you'll find an employee that will override it though.

#56 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4331 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

Very nice coupon this week. Figured it was about time for 360 games to get the 25% off treatment again. Gonna try to score CivRev and some others. I'm waiting on the actual email to come through though because this local store gave me a hard time last week when I didn't have the entire email. Might just have been a one time deal, but might as well save myself a trip.

Also, if you are looking for used copies of new games it never hurts to ask and have them check local stores inventory through their system. And yes, people do trade in new games. It seems like pretty often I'm in a store and a parent comes in and trades in new games that a) their ungrateful kids don't like even after they begged them to plop down $60 for a brand new game or b) they want to return an M rated game that they purchased for their 10 yr old (they usually say something like "man these games have bad languague/violence/etc") good thing they are paying attention to what they buy their kids.

#57 dubbfoolio   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1764 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

dubbfoolio

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

loving the coupon.

#58 kidrocklive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2219 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

kidrocklive

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

Just so you know, their website only updates once a day. I believe it's 8AM EST.

where would you search for a used copy of a new game thing (like tales of vesperia) cause I didn't even see it on the site as an option.

#59 JolietJake   Banned Banned   20202 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

JolietJake

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:22 PM

Why? They will for sure have another 360 coupon before Christmas. Only thing that will happen between then and now is more price drops.

Well i don't know when i'll get it exactly, plus these coupons seem to come at random times.

#60 Sh0k   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

Has anyone tried the new Beijing 08 Olympics game ? I found a couple of stores that have the game used and with the coupon it comes out for around $29. and change.

I love the old arcade button-smash olympics games.