Pre-Order Bonus: Guitar Hero World Tour: Free Unlock Code for all Songs

XTommyDonX

CAGiversary!
ghwtconfirm.jpg

Pretty lame bonus in my opinion, but it's a bonus. This also leaks a bunch of previously unconfirmed bands for the game. Credits go to scorehero.com

Only confirmed store for this bonus is GameStop.

No offense to the OP but that is a shitty bonus. A cheat code is a bonus? Play the game and unlock the songs.

And if you use a code to unlock the stuff will that affect getting achievements?

[quote name='PenguinoMF']No offense to the OP but that is a shitty bonus. A cheat code is a bonus? Play the game and unlock the songs.

And if you use a code to unlock the stuff will that affect getting achievements?[/quote]

The OP agrees with you, but some people will get it from GS for that reason.

Likely, if some of the achievements are solely gained from unlocking certain songs or song sets, then putting the code in will automatically give the achievements.

I doubt they'll have achievements for unlocking songs. I bet it will be one of those universal codes that you enter in-game, like the Darklings preorder bonus for The Darkness, meaning anyone can use it.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']No offense to the OP but that is a shitty bonus. A cheat code is a bonus? Play the game and unlock the songs.[/QUOTE]

I sort of agree, a cheat code is a shitty bonus, but I probably wouldn't want to play through the game to unlock eveything. I remember when I bought the first GH there were some songs I really wanted to play, but when I realized I'd have to beat nearly the entire game to get them I got turned off real quick.

Damn it. I really don't want to buy GHWT, but according to that flyer they'll have Bullet for My Valentine. Guess I'll have to get the disc version and use my RB instruments. Crappy pre-bonus though.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']No offense to the OP but that is a shitty bonus. A cheat code is a bonus? Play the game and unlock the songs.

And if you use a code to unlock the stuff will that affect getting achievements?[/quote]

Oh no offense at all. This is the definition of a crappy pre-order bonus. Should be nominated for worst bonus of the year. The best part about the deal is the flyer, in which you can see has a large amount of previously unconfirmed bands. It probably will be a universal code like what Best Buy usually has. People will still buy because of this code though.

Man, Activision and Neversoft really dicked that franchise up good. I don't care how fanboyish it is, Harmonix for life. They have yet to do a single thing to piss me off. fuck man, $5 to port the RB1 library? DONE.

It has Kent! One of my favorite bands ever, but all their good music is Swedish-only. Hier Kommt Alex was a fun song, but you didn't actually have to sing it. Time to work on my high-pitched Swedish.

And it also lists Survivor as one of the bands...and since Eye of the Tiger is on RB2, I bet this one'll be Burning Heart. Rocky training in Siberia ftmfw!

Nothing better than getting something that the second someone has it it will be posted on the internet for everyone else.

[quote name='TahoeMax']It has Kent! One of my favorite bands ever, but all their good music is Swedish-only. Hier Kommt Alex was a fun song, but you didn't actually have to sing it. Time to work on my high-pitched Swedish.

And it also lists Survivor as one of the bands...and since Eye of the Tiger is on RB2, I bet this one'll be Burning Heart. Rocky training in Siberia ftmfw![/quote]

No it's Eye of The Tiger. Expect many duplicates between the two games. It is kind of dumb.

Well then that's fuckin retarded. The only reason I have to buy both games is differentiated content. Is it that hard to pick 80 different songs when you have 50-odd years of music to pick from? Shouldn't be...

[quote name='TahoeMax']Well then that's fuckin retarded. The only reason I have to buy both games is differentiated content. Is it that hard to pick 80 different songs when you have 50-odd years of music to pick from? Shouldn't be...[/quote]

I know it's quite rediculous. How the hell do both companies accidentily pick the same songs by both artists, even the obscure ones. There are about 15-20 doubles from Rock Band 2 this time around. Seriously, not even kidding.

I just looked over the lists and it doesn't look quite that egregious...I counted 6 on a quick skim of their respective wikipedias, but that's still 6 too many.

[quote name='TahoeMax']I just looked over the lists and it doesn't look quite that egregious...I counted 6 on a quick skim of their respective wikipedias, but that's still 6 too many.[/quote]

Here's what's from the leaked list which is basically confirmed with this ad and other announcements that have come out recently:

"American Woman" by The Guess Who
"Everlong" by Foo Fighters
"Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor
"Feel the Pain" by Dinosaur Jr.
"Float On" by Modest Mouse
"Our Truth" by Lacuna Coil
"Ramblin' Man" by The Allman Brothers Band
"One Way or Another" by Blondie
"The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World
"Lazy Eye" by Silversun Pickups
"Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi
"Mountain Song" by Jane's Addiction
"Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac
"Float On" -- Modest Mouse

And DLC from RB1:
"The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars
"Monsoon" by Tokio Hotel"
"BYOB" by System of A Down

It's pretty stupid that they couldn't liscense another other songs from these bands with libraries of 50-100+ songs. It's a shame actually.

... and even if you ignore all those duplicates you are still getting more tracks than GHIII or RB1 had to offer.

[quote name='XTommyDonX']I know it's quite rediculous. How the hell do both companies accidentily pick the same songs by both artists, even the obscure ones. There are about 15-20 doubles from Rock Band 2 this time around. Seriously, not even kidding.[/QUOTE]

Because if a band is talking to one company they might as well call up the other one and double the royalties. It's really not that outrageous.

*edit - just glanced at the artists on the image. Willie Nelson & Wings? First, wow. Second, cool.

[quote name='akashhhhh']Man, Activision and Neversoft really dicked that franchise up good. I don't care how fanboyish it is, Harmonix for life. They have yet to do a single thing to piss me off. fuck man, $5 to port the RB1 library? DONE.[/quote]

So what all the shitty hardware be forgotten?

It wasn't shitty. My launch drums are still fine after I made my own noise reducers. Pedal still intact, after expert play. And if anything, the excellent hardware return policy made it even better.

Remember, GH3 was plagued with problems, too, especially with the detaching neck causing a lot of loss contacts and a lot of people being fooled into accidentally buying the old GH2 Explorer at Wal-Mart.

Anyways, over on NeoGAF I analyzed the ad page. Basically the rumored song list is real. (No duh) The Euro songs are mentioned. MC5 solves the last song that had no associated artist and Lenny Kravitz was confirmed.

"Tricked" into buying the GHII guitar? There's a giant ass picture of the guitar on the box. If you are too fucking stupid to realize what you are buying, that's on you.

I also have to disagree about the Les Paul being 'plagued' by problems. Did people have problems, yes. Were they on the same scale as the Strat or the drums? No fucking way. EA's exchange policy is a lot better, but if they made a higher quality product you wouldn't need to use it. Not to mention, the Les Paul was an easy 10 minute fix that a child could do that didn't void the warranty.

[quote name='Corvin']I also have to disagree about the Les Paul being 'plagued' by problems. Did people have problems, yes. Were they on the same scale as the Strat or the drums? No fucking way. EA's exchange policy is a lot better, but if they made a higher quality product you wouldn't need to use it. Not to mention, the Les Paul was an easy 10 minute fix that a child could do that didn't void the warranty.[/quote]
Stratocaster's strum bar was a fundamental design flaw for the early edition(s?); however, the Les Paul disconnect issue was not as easy to fix as you make it sound, though. I had to return my first guitar 'cause nothing I'd do (short of taking the neck apart) would do anything, which was pretty damn frustrating.

In a perfect world, we'd take the body of Les Paul and the neck of the Stratocaster to create (fake) Guitar Heaven.

[quote name='bardockkun']I only hope or wish the GH:WT guitar works with Rock Band 2. Especially the touch sensitive solo buttons....[/quote]

Don't worry, it will (on 360 and PS3 at least). We don't know about the solo buttons/touch strip being compatible yet.

[quote name='M3wThr33']It wasn't shitty. My launch drums are still fine after I made my own noise reducers. Pedal still intact, after expert play. And if anything, the excellent hardware return policy made it even better.

Remember, GH3 was plagued with problems, too, especially with the detaching neck causing a lot of loss contacts and a lot of people being fooled into accidentally buying the old GH2 Explorer at Wal-Mart.

Anyways, over on NeoGAF I analyzed the ad page. Basically the rumored song list is real. (No duh) The Euro songs are mentioned. MC5 solves the last song that had no associated artist and Lenny Kravitz was confirmed.[/quote]

Yep, that should round it out, along with The Cult's "Love Removal Machine". Is it me or are there no extremely difficult songs this time around? Where are those 8 minute long ones that usually round out the game? Overall, it's an okay list. They should have at least reduced the duplicate songs to around 10 by changing the songs on certain bands. They couldn't pick any other Bon Jovi song? Seriously?

I don't feel like quoting everyone who commented on this but I far, far, FAR prefer the Rock Band hardware. The guitar is bigger, with full frets and I grew to like the "squish" after a bit of breaking-in. And as for drum problems, I didn't have any but they were the first to give it a shot...issues were to be expected and if you're telling me that Red Octane didn't benefit from Harmonix experiences....you're wrong.

As for people extolling Red Octane's hardware quality, I have friends who have entire piles of GH guitars with broken strum bars, broken star power sensors and unresponsive buttons.

Damn, shitty bonus, but I guess I'll be getting it anyway since I already preordered the game at GS. Thrilling.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Damn it. I really don't want to buy GHWT, but according to that flyer they'll have Bullet for My Valentine. Guess I'll have to get the disc version and use my RB instruments. Crappy pre-bonus though.[/quote]

I got the chills when I saw BFMV, I can't wait now.

Actually it makes more sense than you think.

Originally it took a while for the unlock all code to get out and that sucked for parties and non-experts who didn't want to go through co-op for some stuff.

Now with the band stuff, it'll be nice to have it all out of the gate.

[quote name='keiblerfan69']I got the chills when I saw BFMV, I can't wait now.[/QUOTE]

It's Scream Aim Fire BTW. Never heard it. Any good?

Good for the lazy, but I'm sure it'll be a universal code, meaning the even lazier can just wait for it to be posted online.

I wasn't getting my copy from GS anyway, and this preorder bonus doesn't sway me. I'll just get it from Trainn when they get it up on their site.

With all these talks about messed up RB equipment, can I send in my guitar to EA and get a new one. It hasnt' worked right since day 1, I just thought I couldn't do anything about it.

[quote name='DarthPuma']With all these talks about messed up RB equipment, can I send in my guitar to EA and get a new one. It hasnt' worked right since day 1, I just thought I couldn't do anything about it.[/quote]

Do it quiclky, I believe the warranty ends in October.

And RedOctane of course has the best controllers, they've been building them for years.

I bought RB1 on launch and have had 6 drum replacements and two guitars (and I don't even use EA's guitar).

Never had a Guitar Hero technical defficulty.

[quote name='Smallville123']So what all the shitty hardware be forgotten?[/quote]

At least EA took care of that for free while Redoctane had the nerve to not only ask for the original purchase receipt but also make you pay for shipping out of your own pocket.

[quote name='XTommyDonX']It's Scream Aim Fire BTW. Never heard it. Any good?[/quote]

I love the damn song. Its not going to be easy thats for sure.

[quote name='Corvin']"Tricked" into buying the GHII guitar? There's a giant ass picture of the guitar on the box. If you are too fucking stupid to realize what you are buying, that's on you.

I also have to disagree about the Les Paul being 'plagued' by problems. Did people have problems, yes. Were they on the same scale as the Strat or the drums? No fucking way. EA's exchange policy is a lot better, but if they made a higher quality product you wouldn't need to use it. Not to mention, the Les Paul was an easy 10 minute fix that a child could do that didn't void the warranty.[/quote]
At least EA replaced the equipment easily and without a reciept, like the average person keeps every damn reciept from every purchase. POS Les Paul crapped out on me in less than a month. The detachable neck was the biggest crap problem and no it's not always a simple 10 minute fix. Now I'm left with a junk worthless guitar control, great build quality my ass

[quote name='XTommyDonX']It's Scream Aim Fire BTW. Never heard it. Any good?[/quote]

Where'd you hear that?!?!? Good choice. It's the title track/first single off their album that came out a few months ago. I'll definitely be all over the vocals on that one.

Also, if anyone is like me and doesn't want to give their money to Activi$ion, they can always buy it used somewhere.

bread's done
Back