Best Buy Exclusive: 11 Guitar Hero III bonus tracks w/ Metallica's Death Magnetic

KD34XBR960

CAGiversary!
Check out the post below for more info:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat159700050050&type=category

**UPDATE 9/12/08**

The 11 tracks are the same tracks you can buy on XBOX Live. Only the Special Edition has the code to download the tracks. Technically, you have to go to the GH website and enter the code found in the Special Edition to get the XBOX Live code. Each Special Edition has a unique code and so there will not be a repeat of the Disturbed fiasco.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would assume that the tracks would be Metallica songs. I'm surprised that they would give out that many tracks with GH:Metallica in the works.

[quote name='Joseph Condello']I'm pretty sure its the whole album of Death Magnetic on guitar hero.[/QUOTE]

Death Magnetic only has 10 tracks though.

If it is the whole album (or the album +1), I think that's cool. GG Metallica for not trying to double-dip with your fans...or at least your Best Buy shopper fans.

I was going to get this CD on launch, but after seeing this pre order bonus, I'm def. going to get it at Best Buy. 11 Free GH tracks? Can't beat that!

I'm in for 1. Just hope its run better then the Disturbed Rock Band one. Instead of 1 generic password that each cd will have there own code. But I doubt they would take the time to do that. Because I downloaded the Disturbed songs that morning but people who didn't download them right away or never received the code had problems.

[quote name='flasht3']Looks like the bonus tracks are for the 360 only.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was about to post....EPIC FAIL.

Why do they offer these bonuses only for one console? That makes absolutely no sense. Oh well, I had no intention of getting this album before - I *would* have with the bonus songs, but now I'm back to my original position. Sooo.....sales -1.

Vinyl lovers?

Is that a real vinyl or just a regular cd with custom case to make it look like a vinyl?

Thanks for the heads up! Just got the preorder, can't beat it + those GH tracks for $10 .

[quote name='KAR10']Vinyl lovers?

Is that a real vinyl or just a regular cd with custom case to make it look like a vinyl?[/QUOTE]
real vinyl

How about this vinyl package?

That better be something really special like the entire Metallica discography for that price. Why do you need five records for 10 songs?

i still have 300 dollars worth of microsoft points left from the target 10 off coupon for DLC. I still have to go out and buy a cd for this DLC? I'm not buying it. The 11 songs better be on xbox live someday.

Does anyone know if this is online only for labor day or will you be able to go to the store when it releases and still get the songs?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's a preorder bonus. Guess I'll buy it online since it does have free shipping

Just sent my order. I was going to buy the CD anyway so the GH songs are a huge bonus for me. The free shipping doesn't hurt either

Nice. I am not even a Metallica fan and that is tempting.

For those questioning why it is 360 only...there is always various exclusive stuff for each of the consoles so I don't see the big deal. Besides...who would own a PS3 and NOT own a 360? ;)

is this something that ships with the disc or an email thing, and buy that i mean can i order and cancel.... a la halo 3 maps, pub games at CC

[quote name='Burchamj']is this something that ships with the disc or an email thing, and buy that i mean can i order and cancel.... a la halo 3 maps, pub games at CC[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it ships with the discs so you won't be able to jip them

[quote name='argyle']That's what I was about to post....EPIC FAIL.

Why do they offer these bonuses only for one console? That makes absolutely no sense. Oh well, I had no intention of getting this album before - I *would* have with the bonus songs, but now I'm back to my original position. Sooo.....sales -1.[/QUOTE]

Somebody isn't too keen on math. If you had no intention of buying the album in the first place then they aren't losing a sale. They just aren't gaining one.

Anyway, I'm in for one.

[quote name='MaxDense']I'm in for one. I just hope the album's better than St. Anger...[/QUOTE]
Listen to "My Apocalypse" and you will lose that doubt

I was considering getting the CD anyway, but I couldn't pass this up.

I wish slipknot did this with their latest album, that would've been awesome.

[quote name='chelosera91']once again, you can see M$'s power, :([/QUOTE]

Sony has power too. Its not like Microsoft is a monopoly for video games.

[quote name='Duckbutt']How about this vinyl package?

That better be something really special like the entire Metallica discography for that price. Why do you need five records for 10 songs?[/quote]

According to the Wiki, it suppose to include this in it:

Digital download of Death Magnetic at 320 kbit/s, ringtones, two live shows, additional two hours of exclusive "making of" footage, 250 photos. Also includes exclusive Mission: Metallica footage of the writing and recording of Death Magnetic, as well as riffs and excerpts from it, exclusive photos and live tracks. A set of Death Magnetic on five vinyl LP albums, in a 180-gram box, with five individual sleeves and a Mission: Metallica lithograph.

That would justify the price.

Thanks op. For $10 (when I was ready to pay for the GH III tracks as well), this is a no brainer.

The radio station in Seattle has been playing this and AC/DC's new one (Black Ice?) all weekend, and they do not disappoint.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']i still have 300 dollars worth of microsoft points left from the target 10 off coupon for DLC. I still have to go out and buy a cd for this DLC? I'm not buying it. The 11 songs better be on xbox live someday.[/QUOTE]

Either you like modern Metallica or you don't. If buying their album and getting a bunch of songs for the game is too much trouble for you, it's obvious that you don't care about the band anyway.

Wow, what a deal. This kind of promotion is pretty nice and tempting. 2 questions:

In store as well; at time of pickup?

I also see a Guitar Hero Workd Tour logo. Any chances that you will be able to choose between GH3 and GHWT?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if Best Buy puts an authorization on your CC immediately or when the product ships?

[quote name='XTommyDonX']
I also see a Guitar Hero Workd Tour logo. Any chances that you will be able to choose between GH3 and GHWT?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

GHWT is compatible with GH3 DLC, for once.

[quote name='eastx']Does anyone know if Best Buy puts an authorization on your CC immediately or when the product ships?

GHWT is compatible with GH3 DLC, for once.[/quote]
Don't know exactly what you mean by authorization (sorry, don't know what it means, excuse my noobness) but if you mean that if they will charge you before it ships then no since it's illegal to do so

[quote name='eastx']Does anyone know if Best Buy puts an authorization on your CC immediately or when the product ships?

GHWT is compatible with GH3 DLC, for once.[/QUOTE]

No it isn't. No one said that except Kotaku who was wrong.

[quote name='XTommyDonX']No it isn't. No one said that except Kotaku who was wrong.[/QUOTE]

That's funny, i could swear I read it in Game Informer as well. Hmm...

[quote name='eastx']That's funny, i could swear I read it in Game Informer as well. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Thats really odd. I dont ever recall hearing that they would work on GHWT. How would GH3 songs that I already have work on GHWT, being that they don' have vocals and drums built in?

[quote name='XTommyDonX']Thats really odd. I dont ever recall hearing that they would work on GHWT. How would GH3 songs that I already have work on GHWT, being that they don' have vocals and drums built in?[/QUOTE]

Well, you could be right and I could be wrong. Did Kotaku ever run a retraction? I couldn't find one. If they wanted Gh3 songs to work in 4, they could either limit them to guitar-only or just add support for the extra instruments. It's not like so much GH3 DLC exists that it would be too hard to do.

was probably gonna pick this cd up anyway so the GH tracks make it a no brainer for me. Thanks OP

Anybody worried that the "Best Buy Exculsive" that is only listed with the $29.99 version are the 11 GH songs and that the $9.99 standard version does not include the bonus GH download?

bread's done
Back