Who here is getting Resident Evil 4 at launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I am. The Resident Evil series is the reason I got a GameCube. RE4 will be the first game that I paid $50 for. The second highest I paid for a game was $25 for F-Zero GX at launch.

I'm not sure why I keep buying Resident Evil games.. The controls are so clunky that I never have fun playingthem, but I can't reists because I really WANT to like them so bad...

[quote name='maxflight']I'm getting that collector's edition from gamestop whenever they get it in. the demo was hot.[/quote]

I am going to get the normal edition, and possibly the collectors edition as well a bit later. I am also awiting the release on the PS2 so I can buy that as well. The only game series I can be called a fanboy of is the Resident Evil series.

On one hand, I want to purchase and play this game at launch. Yet, after being a part of this website for so long, it's hard to justify ever paying full price for a game. There always ends up being some sort of sale that knocks at least a fifth of the price off within a month or two, which tends to stop me from picking a game up at launch. I would like to support the game, but I think this site and the ever-growing stack of games in the corner is going to make me hold off on an release purchase.

I may end up ditching school to go pick up my CE. Grr....why does it have to come out on my ONLY busy day (tuesday) ?!?!?!

Argh.

I already prepaid for my copy (full price), but also got a $10 mail-in gift voucher from EB for the preorder and a demo disc of the game three weeks ago. Not too bad a deal for getting a game at launch. BTW, there's a similar deal with a preorder of Star Fox Assault in case anyone's interested.

Is this game gonna be a GC exclusive? or is it eventually coming to PS2/xbox?

It' looks fun as hell but i dont have a GC..... :roll:

i'm totally getting it--- it's basically going to be my christmas honestly. There hasn't been a game I've wanted so bad in quite a long time. That of course was only because I played the demo- which is outstanding. Before I played it I wasn't so sure.

It's great.

I will get it whenever I can get it for $30-35. I am not paying full price for anything ever again after being screwed over on Donkey Konga and Pikmin 2. Tales of Symphonia was worth it though.

I'm getting the $59.99 one from Gamestop.com that includes the tin case, art cell, art book, and soundtrack. It's also rare when I pay full price for a video game nowadays but this one deserves it.

[quote name='$hady']Is this game gonna be a GC exclusive? or is it eventually coming to PS2/xbox?

It' looks fun as hell but i dont have a GC..... :roll:[/quote]

It will come out for the PS2 probably by the end of 2005 (near November). I think the GCN version will be superior though because it will have better graphics (most probably) and better load times. The PS2 version will have extra stuff in it which is why I will probably get both versions.

I'll get it, but not at launch. Maybe for my birthday, or maybe whenever it hits 20-30.

I want MGS 3 and Donkey Konga first, before RE 4.

Played the demo, an awesome one it was and i'll be getting it at launch probably at gamerush for the reasons many have listed in this thread and for their killer trade-in deals. It's just not worth paying full price for games anymore, now that CAG is around. Heard that Shinji Mikami was pretty upset that they decided to port over RE:4 on to the PS2, it's probably gonna look a lot worse on there too.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']I'm not. Don't like scary games. Plus, my parents would kill me.[/quote]

yea, i never really played any of these types of games...the closest thing to resident evil/ silent hill/ fatal frame etc. that i've played is house of the dead in an arcade...are they really that fun/good?

If I can scrounge up 50 bucks from my b-day money, I'll buy it the week after it comes out. I haven't wanted a Gamecube game this much since Wind Waker.

[quote name='rockhero']I'm not sure why I keep buying Resident Evil games.. The controls are so clunky that I never have fun playingthem, but I can't reists because I really WANT to like them so bad...[/quote]

The controls have been updated for RE4.....Finally!!!

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='regisphilbi0']I'm not. Don't like scary games. Plus, my parents would kill me.[/quote]

yea, i never really played any of these types of games...the closest thing to resident evil/ silent hill/ fatal frame etc. that i've played is house of the dead in an arcade...are they really that fun/good?[/quote]

Funny you'd mention House of the Dead. RE4 basically takes RE, and combines it with House of the dead. The camera is much more like a first person view (although not, it's an over the shoulder camera) and you shoot zombies/whatever much more like HoD-- Except with better animations and hit specific damage.

So in the demo, I could slide at a zombie's knee with my combat knife, and he'd fall to his knees- switch to my pistol, get my laser site trained on his dome, and POW! instant and immediate removal of head.

It's amazingly fun, and the variety of ways you can tackle a situation made me replay it (its only the first 15 minutes of the game) at least 20 times. It's just that fun.

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='$hady']Is this game gonna be a GC exclusive? or is it eventually coming to PS2/xbox?

It' looks fun as hell but i dont have a GC..... :roll:[/quote]

It will come out for the PS2 probably by the end of 2005 (near November). I think the GCN version will be superior though because it will have better graphics (most probably) and better load times. The PS2 version will have extra stuff in it which is why I will probably get both versions.[/quote]

Dont forget its being ported by a totally different team... which in my opinion is NOT a good sign....

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']If I can scrounge up 50 bucks from my b-day money, I'll buy it the week after it comes out. I haven't wanted a Gamecube game this much since Wind Waker.[/quote]

Thats exactly how I feel currently I was up in the air until I played that damn demo that sold me!

I'm very tempted to pick this one up also, been dying for new RE game. $50 is a little steep but I guess I could use my game rush credit.

I ordered it from capcom.com for 49.95 with the free shirt and art book and free shipping!

...and I've never played more than 30 minutes of a RE game before. It just looks too damn good. The demo was HOT.

I'll be getting it from Gamerush for $39.99 with a coupon. It expires 1/15 so they better get it before then. Sometimes they seem to get their games a few day's after release

I don't think you can order the Collector's Edition on Capcom's website...right?

I wonder what the shirt looks like that comes with ordering it @ Capcom.com ?

Anyway, I preordered the CE at GameStop. Free overnight shipping and soundtrack. And no taxes. A straight up $59.99. The most money I've ever spent on a game (before that, Halo LE, $54.99).

I just hope the soundtrack is a full, official one, not some sampling disc.

[quote name='moe11888']Where did everyone get a chance to play the demo?[/quote]

you could get one through pre-ordering the game, though most stores are sold out of them by now (at least near me)

Definitely picking it up on launch. Ive played every RE and owned them all as well. Ive been waiting for this one for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back