Import gaming in Baltimore, MD

justcruisin1023

CAG Veteran
Uh hi! I wasn't sure where to put this but here seemed the most likely.

I've been away from Baltimore for about 3-4 years thanks to various stuff, now I'm back and I find out that Pandora's Cube and Powergamers have both closed up shop or been abducted by aliens I'm not sure which. So are there any other places that sell import games in or near Baltimore or am I stuck trying to find a seller online?

Thanks if you can help and if you can't that's fine too, thanks for looking.

I'm pretty sure the Pandora's Cube was shut down for selling modded consoles with commercial games pre-loaded onto the hard drives.

Thanks for the info, yea it was one of the stores got busted for doing that to X-boxes a while ago and they closed up shop but the ones in White Marsh and College Park were still open, and I can't really imagine the one in White Marsh doing anything illegal after that because they only did light modding, like flip top PS2 Mods and Gamecube switch modes.

Although I did find a random piece of news about Power Gamers in Towson they got shut down due to a rent dispute with Towson Town Mall. Which is a major bummer.

Thanks for the info!

Pretty sure the Power Gamer in Glen Burnie Mall is still going. Call over first just to make sure I don't send you on a wild goose chase, but I'm pretty sure I walked by it as recent as a month ago (it's the end of march 09 as I'm posting this)

Yeah, I was there a few weeks ago, and they're still there. I think the one in Reisterstown is still open as well, though it's been a few months.

I can confirm that Power Gamers is open in Glen Burnie Mall still. Was there about a month ago. Still a bit overpriced, but if you want your games now or don't trust online shopping, they're a good place to go to.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I can confirm that Power Gamers is open in Glen Burnie Mall still. Was there about a month ago. Still a bit overpriced, but if you want your games now or don't trust online shopping, they're a good place to go to.[/quote]
They Have JApan DSI for $199 :booty:

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']They Have JApan DSI for $199 :booty:[/QUOTE]

...which is incompatible with US DSi Ware downloads. Deal breaker for me.

[quote name='justcruisin1023']Thanks for the info, yea it was one of the stores got busted for doing that to X-boxes a while ago and they closed up shop but the ones in White Marsh and College Park were still open, and I can't really imagine the one in White Marsh doing anything illegal after that because they only did light modding, like flip top PS2 Mods and Gamecube switch modes.

Although I did find a random piece of news about Power Gamers in Towson they got shut down due to a rent dispute with Towson Town Mall. Which is a major bummer.

Thanks for the info![/QUOTE]
Um actually they did, and they also sold games a week or so before release date, the store at White Marsh that is.

bread's done
Back