The Canadian PS3 Gameshare Group Thread

heimdal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys,

I don't know if there's interest in a PS3 gameshare group, or if there's one in place for Canadians already, but I believe its worth taking a shot.

I'm interested in some PSN games, and it would be great if we can work it out
so that we can save some money. Just post what games you're interested in, and we'll decide what games to order and who's going to purchase.

How to setup a Gameshare (from Afterdawn)

1.) Write down your current sign in ID and password.

2.) Go under account management and delete all of your billing information if you keep a credit card number on file (this will stop the potential jack*** from purchasing stuff with your credit card to download to his own PS3).

3.) While in account management change your password to whatever and write down the new password. At this point it should be ok to exchange sign in information(make sure you give the person the new password and not the old one).

4.) Now both people will need to create a new user (you will have to keep this user on your system as long as you wish to play the content). After you you create a new user scroll down to Playstation network tab and click on Sign up for playstation network. You will have two options, choose use existing account and enter the opposite persons info. This will sign you into PSN as the other person.

5.) Enter the Playstation store and click on download list at the top hand corner. This will bring up all the past downloaded content. Choose what you wish to download. Perform the download in background.

6.) While the content is downloading it will be ok to click on your normal user and log back into your account with the new password (make sure the other person is at the same level as you are, this is why I suggest keeping in contact through other means as I said before). DO NOT TURN YOUR PS3 OFF.

7.) Once logged back in to your normal account it will be okay to go back in and change your password back to your normal one and add all of your billing info back in. By changing your password back you will not have to worry about unauthorized use of your account.

8.) Wait for the download to finish then install.

List of Downloadable Games - Release Date
(green is confirmed to be gameshareable, red is confirmed to be not)

1/4/07 GripShift
2/22/07 flOw
2/22/07 Q*Bert
3/1/07 Tekken: Dark Resurrection
4/12/07 Mortal Kombat II
5/10/07 Calling All Cars!
5/17/07 Rampage World Tour
5/24/07 Joust
6/28/07 Super Stardust HD
8/28/07 Warhawk
8/30/07 Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
9/13/07 PixelJunk Racers
10/11/07 Everyday Shooter
11/29/07 Pain

1/24/08 PixelJunk Monsters
4/17/08 Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
5/1/08 Echochrome
7/24/08 1942: Joint Strike
7/24/08 Siren: Blood Curse
7/31/08 PixelJunk Eden
8/14/08 Bionic Commando: Rearmed
8/21/08 Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty
8/28/08 The Last Guy
9/25/08 Mega Man 9
9/25/08 Burnout Paradise

9/25/08 WipeOut HD

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ikariwarriors']Is this entirely legal on the PSN rules?[/quote]

Q: This whole gamesharing thing sounds sketchy to me. Is it legit?

A: From CheapyD, the man himself:

Approved by Jack Tretton, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America
http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingre.../2006/10/71982

Sony announced that players who download games from PlayStation's online shop can share them on up to five other PS3 machines.

If a player logs into his PlayStation 3 account on a friend's system, he can download any game he has already purchased. "You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible." "It's not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer," he said. "I think that really offsets the argument that says, 'Wow, that's a really pricey system.'"

I'd be interested in those two games. As well as Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Super Stardust HD and the PixelJunk games.

I already have Ratchet, but Super Stardust and Pixeljunk Eden looks good.

We'll just wait and see what others want.

Oh okay, cool. I heard stories on the Rock Band forums about people stealing songs by downloading them to multiple machines, and that made me leery.

if you want to do this more securely, just make new account for 5 people... buy one game, have the 5 people pay and distribute the account info.

then next time you want another game, find another new 4 people (or w/e) and make new account and repeat.

[quote name='iLLuSioNS']if you want to do this more securely, just make new account for 5 people... buy one game, have the 5 people pay and distribute the account info.

then next time you want another game, find another new 4 people (or w/e) and make new account and repeat.[/quote]

Good idea.

I also made this thread so people can group up if they want a particular game.
Some games I already have, so it's not a thread about what I want.

Just wanted to know if someone needs Siren and The Last Guy like I do.

If someone wants these two, just PM me so we can discuss and form our 5.

People can feel free to post what games they want so others know they're interested in forming a Gameshare with similar games.

Me and a friend of mine at work were contemplating this, but we only know of the two of us who would share the game, so this sounds like an even better opportunity to share and spread the funds.

One of the games we were looking to get was Ratchet, so I'm sure we could get a bunch of people to pitch on it.

**EDIT

I'd be up for Siren and could possibly take 2 spots for The Last Guy (me and work friend)

Sign me up for those two games heimdal. We could also add Super Stardust HD and PixelJunk Eden as well, since we both want those as well.

I'll list spots for games that myself and a friend would be willing to pitch in to buy/share (or compensate if someone's already got it).

2 spots for - Ratchet
2 spots for - The Last Guy
1 (maybe 2) for - Siren

- echochrome
- super stardust hd
- pixeljunk eden
- ratchet & clank: quest for booty
- bionic commando rearmed
- the last guy
- tekken 5: dark ressurection
- warhawk

Alright here's a recap:
I decided to split the games into two groups

Siren + The Last Guy Gameshare Group (pending payment from all parties)
1. heimdal
2. wilme
3. rex
4. rex's friend
5. chrisryans

Super Stardust HD + Pixel Junk Eden
1. heimdal
2. wilme
3. jadomino
4. chrisryans
5. rex

rex, try to convince your buddy to get siren as well, as we're getting both games with one account.

Oh and are you guys good with sending payments via PayPal?

I'm interested in joining both those groups if possible. I can either pay through paypal and/or share what I currently have :

Tekken 5 DR (Not online)
Super Puzzle Fighter II HD

All 4 of those games have been on my want list for quite some time.

Great, Siren and The Last Guy Gameshare looks good to go.

I'll check with rex about his friend that's on the fence about Siren, then I'll PM the rest of you guys the payment details and the account details thereafter.

Hey, me and my work buddy are down for Siren and The Last Guy. I'm guessing Paypal would be the best way to send payments (and I suppose that we can submit iTrader feedback for this as well?).

Anyway, let's organize this and we can be playing over the weekend!

EDIT -

heimdal, I'm down for the last spot on Super Stardust HD + Pixel Junk Eden

[quote name='heimdal']Alright here's a recap:
I decided to split the games into two groups

Siren + The Last Guy Gameshare Group
1. heimdal
2. wilme
3. rex
4. rex's friend (uncertain yet?)
5. chrisryans

Super Stardust HD + Pixel Junk Eden
1. heimdal
2. wilme
3. jadomino
4. chrisryans

rex, try to convince your buddy to get siren as well, as we're getting both games with one account.

Oh and are you guys good with sending payments via PayPal?[/quote]

Yes, I am set up with PayPal.

I guess it depends on what people want.

I'm all for Ratchet (one for me, and one for a friend), and I think one other person on here was up for it as well.

Should we/are we able to do iTrader for the gameshares? Just wondering.

Good idea!

Here's what I'm up for:

Street fighter 2: THDR
Wipeout HD (I think it should be releasing soon)
Pixel Junk Eden

Code:
[B]Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty Group[/B]

1. Rex
2. Danman
3. Wilme
4. jadomino
5. ps3dude

So far this is the group of people with interest in Ratchet. I can set up the account and we can do it the same way as we did with heimdal. Cost of game broken up, plus taxes and paypal fees.

I'll send everyone a PM and find out if you're all still interested.

[quote name='Rex']
Code:
[B]Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty Group[/B]

1. Rex
2. Danman
3. Wilme
4. jadomino
5. ps3dude

So far this is the group of people with interest in Ratchet. I can set up the account and we can do it the same way as we did with heimdal. Cost of game broken up, plus taxes and paypal fees.

I'll send everyone a PM and find out if you're all still interested.[/QUOTE]

I would be in for Ratchet if one of those bails.
Thanks!

I am still up for the following:

- echochrome
- the last guy
- tekken 5: dark resurrection online

Just wondering if anyone is up for getting any of these :

-Super stardust Hd
-Pixeljunk Eden
-Bionic Commando
-Pixeljunk Monsters
-Pain

[quote name='Army214']Just wondering if anyone is up for getting any of these :

-Super stardust Hd
-Pixeljunk Eden
-Bionic Commando
-Pixeljunk Monsters
-Pain[/quote]

1 for Bionic Commando!

[quote name='jadomino']I am still up for the following:

- echochrome
- the last guy
- tekken 5: dark resurrection online[/QUOTE]

2 for The Last Guy

Here are the groupings we have so far. The OP might want to add this to the original post:

Gameshare Group 1

Games:
Siren
The Last Guy
Super Stardust HD
Pixel Junk Eden

Group:
1. heimdal
2. wilme
3. rex
4. jadomino
5. chrisryans

Gameshare Group 2

Games:
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty

Group:
1. Rex
2. Danman
3. Wilme
4. jadomino
5. ps3dude

Is anyone in Group 1 interested in getting the Super Stardust expansions?

Group 1 SSDHD Expansions:

Go Ahead:
1. [] heimdal
2. [x] wilme
3. [x] rex
4. [] jadomino
5. [x] chrisryans

[quote name='Rex']Is anyone in Group 1 interested in getting the Super Stardust expansions?

Group 1 SSDHD Expansions:

Go Ahead:
1. [] heimdal
2. [x] wilme
3. [x] rex
4. [x] jadomino
5. [x] chrisryans[/quote]

I'm in for the expansions!

I'm coming into this a bit late, but I'm interested in trying this out. Question though, do you have to be logged into the account to be able to play the game, or does simply having the account on your PS3 allow you access to the game.

Anyway, I'm interested in the following to start off with if anyone else is:

Super Stardust HD
Pixel Junk Eden

I've also talked to a few guys at work who may be interested also, to get a full group of 5 going.

I'd like to get it on one if another group happens.

The Last Guy, Wipeout HD, Pixel Junk Eden, Siren, Ratchet... pretty much whatever's recent, I'd be interested in.

I will be seting up a group for you guys for Super Stardust HD and Pixel Junk Eden.

Initially this was to make a new group because of a mix-up in a different one, but now that more people are willing to get in it works out perfectly!

The group would consist of:

1. Army214
2. jadomino
3. firehawk12
4. omenborn
5. EggViper

omenborn, one of your friends can get in the other spot or more depending on who bails.

I know that jadomino will be 100% in this though.

firehawk12, are you down for Stardust? If not, I will have to make two seperate groups.

Paypal would likely be my preferably way for payment to be sent!

I'll send out a PM tomorrow, and hopefully we can get this done tomorrow night!

Paypal is fine with me. I'll find out tomorrow if either of my friends want in on this and will let you know.

Rex, if that 5th slot is still open, I'll take it. Paypal verified.

Anyone interested in wipeout HD? The game releases on the 25th.

I've added you to the list, EggViper! The more Canadian CAGs the better.

I'll be sending out payment info to everyone a little later into the day, and if everything clears, you guess should get the PSN info by the end of the day!

[quote name='EggViper']Rex, if that 5th slot is still open, I'll take it. Paypal verified.

Anyone interested in wipeout HD? The game releases on the 25th.[/quote]

I'd be willing to go for Wipeout HD, maybe we can create another group for it after this current group is done.

bread's done
Back