Girl gets pwned on Indian show...brawl ensues

y2kenjination

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
IMO she got what she deserved. However, I probably wouldn't have retaliated if I was that guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzn8f5C9Rnc

Before the aftermath: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFdkzdNqU-w&feature=related\

LoL at how the dude totally breaks down and starts crying.

HOW CAN SHE SLAP!?

SHOW PREMISE

Now relive the experience of that dreaded 'first day of college', as Bindass, the youth entertainment channel from UTV group, introduces TV's meanest game show Dadagiri. A first for Indian Televsion, Dadagiri premieres Monday Jun 9, 2008 at 7.30 pm. A show where four daring students revisit the horrors of being bullied on the first day of college by surviving three quintessential dadas in three rounds and compete against each other for a winning sum of Rs. 50,000 in cash.

Giving details of the new show Zarina Mehta CEO Bindass said, "Dadagiri Beat the Bullies is the Meanest Show ever seen on Indian Television. It's a test of Physical Strength, Brains and raw courage. The five hosts of the show are totally first of a kind & we hope the audience loves every minute of this pioneering Game Show. Dadagiri launches on the 9th of June with a large 360 degree marketing campaign on TV, Radio, Web, Mobile, & Outdoors. I am very proud of the entire team that has worked on the show from Encompass as well as Bindass."

In the first round the students encounter Vishal -The Beast: An uncouth, foul tempered fellow with an overbearing personality and a strong fist. He enjoys bossing around every one and making mincemeat out of people especially juniors. Into protein shakes & weight training, he has flunked his third year three times. His message to the world goes 'Maarunga chaar, ginungaa ek'

In round two, the contestants are held up against Shraman - Mindstein' who is the college topper and by far the most intelligent guy in college. He is always busy cracking theorems and logic, hates people who cannot answer his questions and feels it to be his duty to enlighten the world.

Round three, along comes Esha -The Goddess: spoilt, nasty, the meanest girl in college. She loves putting people down, is extremely moody & has a very short temper! She particular hates ugly faces! So watch out for the BULLIES!

The three Baddies give tasks according to their own personality, which the contestants should complete in order to win. A contestant gets eliminated at the end of every round. He or she goes straight to the in-house chef – Juicy offers them his "exotic delicacies" of Maggot macaroni with crushed caterpillars, Stinky shawarmas, & Hare bhari chipkali for the loser to "delight" himself upon eaten out of a toilet pot!!!

The one contestant who survives all the three rounds and the bullies wins the game show and walks away with Rs.50,000/- in cash, right there right then.

Dadagiri is produced by Encompass, created by Roshan Abbas, Directed by Yule Kurup with Anuradha Ghakkar as Creative Consultant & Shyam Rajagopalan as Supervising Creative Director. From the Channel side the show has been supervised by Shalini Sethi - AVP Head of Programming (Bindass Channel), Arif Ali Creative Director, Pallavi Gupta Executive producer & Madhavi Malhotra who has produced the packaging supervised by Dipankar Bose.

So to see whether the contestants survive or the bullies scare them away… tune into Bindass and watch 'Dadagiri' starting June 9th at 7.30PM every Monday to Thursday.

this is what I don't get... words are words... even a slap by a girl doesn't really count an equal slap by a guy...

I watched the video several times and I am almost positive that the guy hit much much harder.

I was raised never to hit a woman, even a deserving one... hitting in general is already crossing boundries but one shouldn't have to stoop to the same level.

Honestly the guy should have soaked it up.... not bitch out and slap back like instinct.... look at the crowd of 25+ guys ready to really beat the living shit out of him... OBVIOUSLY it's just not done there... the culture is different.. but still...

the whole show is suppose to be slightly stupid in raising each others emotions... and I don't know if I'd grasp it...

It's kinda sick considering reading the comments on Youtube that she deserved it... she may have... but respect and honor... one wouldn't have ever....

two girls... fine... two guys... go for it.. but between sexes is slightly crossing a line.

I bet the girl is feeling more pain than the guy is, even with the other guys bruising him up.

Bet the guy felt like a fool in the morning.

He should done it the American way - suck it up and then next morning hit the show AND the girl with a fat lawsuit. Nothing says "fuck you" like serving papers on a guaranteed-win assault case (lobby to censor the show too - so they can't even profit off the slap - score!).

For the record, I see he went through with the lawsuit anyway:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/TV_Buzz/Ravi_is_upset/articleshow/3436967.cms

Seriously though - just the fact that one of the show's hosts slapped a guest across the face is pretty amazing. Then, in the face of an ensuing brawl, the damn security just lets that other guy waltz in, knock him over, and start laying kicks down on top of him (wouldn't be surprised if some of them participated...). I expect that shit in a sketch-ass club but not on a high-profile TV show. The other night I was watching that vid where Artie Lange goes batshit - watch that if you want to see how a real TV show security team handles a situation.

Anyway - what else can you say. She shouldn't have slapped the guy, and he shouldn't have slapped her back. Asshole #3 shouldn't have put the beatdown on the guy. Show should have been on top of this shit from the start. I think she'll probably lose a little more karma then the other two, but it's basically a wash.

[quote name='xycury']this is what I don't get... words are words... even a slap by a girl doesn't really count an equal slap by a guy...

I watched the video several times and I am almost positive that the guy hit much much harder.

I was raised never to hit a woman, even a deserving one... hitting in general is already crossing boundries but one shouldn't have to stoop to the same level.

Honestly the guy should have soaked it up.... not bitch out and slap back like instinct.... look at the crowd of 25+ guys ready to really beat the living shit out of him... OBVIOUSLY it's just not done there... the culture is different.. but still...

the whole show is suppose to be slightly stupid in raising each others emotions... and I don't know if I'd grasp it...

It's kinda sick considering reading the comments on Youtube that she deserved it... she may have... but respect and honor... one wouldn't have ever....

two girls... fine... two guys... go for it.. but between sexes is slightly crossing a line.

I bet the girl is feeling more pain than the guy is, even with the other guys bruising him up.[/QUOTE]

I would agree...if you had only used...a few more...ellipses...

[quote name='y2kenjination']LoL at how the dude totally breaks down and starts crying.[/quote]

This is what I don't get - you and fucking TMZ.

I bet you'd all be hardasses if 25 people were closing in giving you kicks to the head for whatever reason.

I can't see how some think his returning the slap is so uncivilized, but the resulting mob violence is somehow justified and even funny(?). I feel sick whenever I hear that whimpering.

[quote name='camoor']This is what I don't get - you and fucking TMZ.

I bet you'd all be hardasses if 25 people were closing in giving you kicks to the head for whatever reason.

I can't see how some think his returning the slap is so uncivilized, but the resulting mob violence is somehow justified and even funny(?). I feel sick whenever I hear that whimpering.[/QUOTE]
Who ever said anything about the mob beating being justified? I never said it was.

25 people? Oh please. Watch the clip again...there were maybe 2 or 3 people that were going in for kicks and punches. The rest of the crew was trying to break up the fight.

I mostly found it funny how he had such a cocky look on his face one second, brought out the hurt, and burst into tears the next.

Well if he wasn't supposed to be slapped per the script I guess he has a case. Plus he has a case against all those other guys that jumped on him. It's not like he was going to do anything after his Chris Jericho slap/Ralph Clark "This is how I beat my wife" take down.

[quote name='y2kenjination']Who ever said anything about the mob beating being justified? I never said it was.

25 people? Oh please. Watch the clip again...there were maybe 2 or 3 people that were going in for kicks and punches. The rest of the crew was trying to break up the fight.

I mostly found it funny how he had such a cocky look on his face one second, brought out the hurt, and burst into tears the next.[/quote]

Whatever. All I saw was a guy get rushed by the mob, and two guys making a token effort to break it up.

And I really can't describe what it feels like to be in that position, whether you're just a shmoe being mugged and beaten by 2 or 3 people, or you did what this guy did.

I know you're a big toughguy and all, but trust me it's far from funny.

[quote name='camoor']This is what I don't get - you and fucking TMZ.

I can't see how some think his returning the slap is so uncivilized, but the resulting mob violence is somehow justified and even funny(?). I feel sick whenever I hear that whimpering.[/quote]

I wouldn't cry that's for sure, but I wouldn't be a fucking idiot and to that when THIS..... [quote name='pimpinc333']It looked like he immediately regretted smacking her.[/quote]

And saw a few going right for him and hitting him....

The whole damn gameshow was to get a rise out of people...

I bet that guy was crying from that slap. Come on, what a pussy.

If any girl got hit by a guy, retailiated or not, it's just known that a guy would hit harder, hurt harder.

I guess we should bring in that guy that shaked that baby...

gah, that baby sure got what was coming to it. Blown out of proportion, but what if it was a kid, or a younger female, what if she had a weak neck and it snapped her in half and she's paralized.

One should never ever do harm to a weaker one... no matter the case.

Whatever happend to fucking civilty and respect, and knowing ones boundary.

The dumb host was wrong, but the guy followed is just more stupid. It doesn't make sense to repeat bad ideas/judgements/actions.

[quote name='xycury'] Literally one of the stupidest fucking things I have ever read.[/quote]

I personally dont think the guy was wrong in anyway. Though he should have just sued the hell out of her but I completely understand hitting her. But you want to play that "what happened to respect" card? But shouldnt she have been respectful enough to not haul off and slap a person who seems to simply be standing and smiling.

What I dont understand is this strange ass idea that girls get a free pass on physically violence. There should be no reason that anyone no matter the sex should be hitting another person past 4th grade. And the fact that men are naturally stronger should really mean that you shouldnt pick fights with them. I usually dont make it a habit of picking fights with boxers (female or male) because I know they could probably kick my ass.

And dont think that she didnt know what she was doing. I have seen it first hand. I have seen women play that card and I have seen it completely destroy a guy who decided to be "civil" and not hit this bitch clawing at his eyes. 2 operations later he regretted not hitting her.

I grew up poor in a middle of a ghetto and I have been in a lot of fist fights and I have been jumped by 2 or 3 people. I have met girls more than capable of beating up most guys. On a gameshow...I might not recact as hard beacuse I knew a payday was coming but anywhere else but there I would have punched that bitch right in the face. And been completely alright with it.

And thats because I am a very nice guy and I am very civil there should be no reason that I shouldnt be able to simply talk to you. But attacking me? I wouldnt give a fuck if the Pope slapped me...I would punch his old ass right in the face.

That dude crying after the fight, that was pride fuckin with him. fuck PRIDE!! Pride only hurts when you have to swallow it. Too bad noone told that guy before he went on TV. ouch

[quote name='Soodmeg']I personally dont think the guy was wrong in anyway. Though he should have just sued the hell out of her but I completely understand hitting her. But you want to play that "what happened to respect" card? But shouldnt she have been respectful enough to not haul off and slap a person who seems to simply be standing and smiling.

What I dont understand is this strange ass idea that girls get a free pass on physically violence. There should be no reason that anyone no matter the sex should be hitting another person past 4th grade. And the fact that men are naturally stronger should really mean that you shouldnt pick fights with them. I usually dont make it a habit of picking fights with boxers (female or male) because I know they could probably kick my ass.

And dont think that she didnt know what she was doing. I have seen it first hand. I have seen women play that card and I have seen it completely destroy a guy who decided to be "civil" and not hit this bitch clawing at his eyes. 2 operations later he regretted not hitting her.

I grew up poor in a middle of a ghetto and I have been in a lot of fist fights and I have been jumped by 2 or 3 people. I have met girls more than capable of beating up most guys. On a gameshow...I might not recact as hard beacuse I knew a payday was coming but anywhere else but there I would have punched that bitch right in the face. And been completely alright with it.

And thats because I am a very nice guy and I am very civil there should be no reason that I shouldnt be able to simply talk to you. But attacking me? I wouldnt give a fuck if the Pope slapped me...I would punch his old ass right in the face.[/quote]

but would it be a moral choice?

this is a different culture too, and I wonder if the crowd reacted like more physically.

I don't get your theory on if you just sit there and take it you'll go eyeless... I'd call you a fucking douche for not doing something.. but that something doesn't mean smacking the damn girl up.

A guy is physically stronger (baring genes) than a woman, really I laughed when the guy didn't move/block/stopped it.

But he decided to slap back.. he regreted, uhm obviously he felt bad and knew that second that he shouldn't have.

Your choice to strike back deems you less of an evolved person for going to physical contact instead of just taking it and suing.

I am not saying she didn't deserve it, I'm saying that the guy isn't ANY better AND in my moral book of opinons, would think less of this "man" for doing so to an obviously weaker person.

Respect is there even if you don't agree with it or do it.

You may judge my opinion stupid...

But I find you no less than an animal in dealing with your issues.

Remember, if you even read what the show is about... it's suppose to get a rise out of the contestants... slapping may have been overboard, but this is emotions, and people are retarded, and women and emotions are even more mentally unstable.

She made a stupid move, the guy made a stupid move back, I think it's MORE stupid to follow up like that.

The guy was justified, she had no right to hit him at all . He was just standing there taking her verbal abuse which is fine, the second she decides to slap him she deserved to be slapped in return. And to the person who said it looked like a thin effort was made to break up that fight I agree, people rush up there...... and just stand.

Not hitting a woman only goes so far really, I think my favorite example of this was in high school, end of the day and the buses are out meaning almost the entire school is just standing outside. One girl gets in an argument with a guy, then slaps him while he is talking, he doesn't move a muscle. He keeps trying to talk to her, she gets about 4 or 5 slaps in before he just punches her full in the mouth. Not one guy rushed up to help her or defend her honor, she wanted to act crazy and got the appropriate response in return. I don't see much of a difference here with the Indian guy, it is like going on Price is Right and getting slapped, no wonder he screamed how can she slap?!

[quote name='coolsteel']The guy was justified, she had no right to hit him at all . He was just standing there taking her verbal abuse which is fine, the second she decides to slap him she deserved to be slapped in return. And to the person who said it looked like a thin effort was made to break up that fight I agree, people rush up there...... and just stand.

Not hitting a woman only goes so far really, I think my favorite example of this was in high school, end of the day and the buses are out meaning almost the entire school is just standing outside. One girl gets in an argument with a guy, then slaps him while he is talking, he doesn't move a muscle. He keeps trying to talk to her, she gets about 4 or 5 slaps in before he just punches her full in the mouth. Not one guy rushed up to help her or defend her honor, she wanted to act crazy and got the appropriate response in return. I don't see much of a difference here with the Indian guy, it is like going on Price is Right and getting slapped, no wonder he screamed how can she slap?![/QUOTE]
Exactly. I'm pretty sure physical abuse wasn't written on the contract. It was probably a "heat of the moment" situation where the guy didn't really think it through before he took the initiative. Every now and then you'll have knee jerk reactions, and regret them later.

Once again, it wasn't justified...I certainly wouldn't have reacted the same way. However, I can't totally blame him for reacting the way he did.

[quote name='xycury']Things[/quote]

Why the hell do you type like that? Are you pressing enter after every line?

Anyway. As I said, outside of anything but a game show I would indeed punch her. Plus your are intentional missing the point on the latter half. Who said anyone would going eyeless? I referred to a friend who had his face clawed to shreds because he didnt want to hit a girl who was busy clawing his face to a bloody stump.

But you didnt need all of that to understand what I was saying. Simply put. A girl can do damage to a man. So the idea of not hurting anyone because you are stronger than them doesnt hold up because although you are stronger your not invincible. Its the reason why they invented knifes and guns.

Also just beacuse he is a guy doesnt mean he is fucking karate kid? What the hell is wrong with you? How could he have blocked it or stepped back? He is on a god damn game show he is certainly not expecting to be slapped randomly so he clearly doesnt have his guard up. He is standing with his hands behind his back for petes sake.

As for your last point. Again. I said out side of the game show. Now on the game show I might have reacted differently but who's to say. After getting struck my first reaction would be to strike what ever is causing my body damage.

Whos to say.

But I will say this. You come off as a person who has never been in a fight or ever been in anything close to this. You are trying to sit atop a thrown of righteousness trying to prove how super tough you are. "Oh I would have easily blocked her slap with my left and and since I am so enlighten I would have already had a cell phone calling my lawyer in my right."

True be told know one knows what they would do in that situation. I mean you guys act like your tough shit on the internet talking about you would have done this you would have done that. You would think the entire world was full of bad asses with PHDs.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Why the hell do you type like that? Are you pressing enter after every line?

Anyway. As I said, outside of anything but a game show I would indeed punch her. Plus your are intentional missing the point on the latter half. Who said anyone would going eyeless? I referred to a friend who had his face clawed to shreds because he didnt want to hit a girl who was busy clawing his face to a bloody stump.

But you didnt need all of that to understand what I was saying. Simply put. A girl can do damage to a man. So the idea of not hurting anyone because you are stronger than them doesnt hold up because although you are stronger your not invincible. Its the reason why they invented knifes and guns.

Also just beacuse he is a guy doesnt mean he is fucking karate kid? What the hell is wrong with you? How could he have blocked it or stepped back? He is on a god damn game show he is certainly not expecting to be slapped randomly so he clearly doesnt have his guard up. He is standing with his hands behind his back for petes sake.

As for your last point. Again. I said out side of the game show. Now on the game show I might have reacted differently but who's to say. After getting struck my first reaction would be to strike what ever is causing my body damage.

Whos to say.

But I will say this. You come off as a person who has never been in a fight or ever been in anything close to this. You are trying to sit atop a thrown of righteousness trying to prove how super tough you are. "Oh I would have easily blocked her slap with my left and and since I am so enlighten I would have already had a cell phone calling my lawyer in my right."

True be told know one knows what they would do in that situation. I mean you guys act like your tough shit on the internet talking about you would have done this you would have done that. You would think the entire world was full of bad asses with PHDs.[/quote]

yeah thats true.

I kinda feel like violence is barbaric regardless, and she started it. Not quite like the story Coolsteel told, but yeah. Slapping in retaliation is stupid, but not that big a deal. If he had punched her, I'd say he had that beating coming.

[quote name='y2kenjination']Exactly. I'm pretty sure physical abuse wasn't written on the contract. It was probably a "heat of the moment" situation where the guy didn't really think it through before he took the initiative. Every now and then you'll have knee jerk reactions, and regret them later.

Once again, it wasn't justified...I certainly wouldn't have reacted the same way. However, I can't totally blame him for reacting the way he did.[/quote]

Agreed. I am not certain but I would assume that if I was slapped my very first reaction without thinking would be to punch whoever is slapping me. But thats because I have been in many fights and I know this...once the fist start flying all talk is off. Because talking doesnt stop punches and until it does there is no place for it in a fight.

But once again who knows what you would do. That was so random that I think it was his first reaction. He clearly didnt see it coming. Your right, it would be the same as if your teacher punched you for talking in class.

[quote name='Soodmeg']making presumptions and shit[/quote]

I have been in fights, I have been the bullied and I have been abused (slapped, kicked, spanked, verbal) as a child. I was poor too, sorry though, I was in the country/small towns moved several times but no ghetto.

I still think that we are beyond physical retailiation if there are other options.

I would have not slapped, but sure have pushed back, or even tried to fake slap... just to scare the bitch. Hell I might have even laughed because she was getting pist at the situation and he, as would I, have the upper hand verbally.

after all it's just a slap.

I don't think violence is an answer, sometimes it's required, but in this situation, it was just stupid.

I would equally fault either of them, and would consider more harshly if the guy really punch her.

I know it's COMPLETELY random, and strange really. But seeing that... I can't help but to think of this video, and I don't know why. :lol:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N30iwAt4i8[/media]

I would think that any kind of physical contact would not be allowed on a reality show no matter where it is located. Maybe I'm wrong. Looks to me like he had a gut reaction and retaliated.

[quote name='ObiBen']I would think that any kind of physical contact would not be allowed on a reality show no matter where it is located. Maybe I'm wrong. Looks to me like he had a gut reaction and retaliated.[/quote]

I'm sure they are not allowed (hence the lawsuit) but they still happen everywhere - not too surprising when you film emotionally unstable people in compromising situations. Just look at Jonny Fairplay.

[quote name='xycury']Remember, if you even read what the show is about... it's suppose to get a rise out of the contestants... slapping may have been overboard, but this is emotions, and people are retarded, and women and emotions are even more mentally unstable.

She made a stupid move, the guy made a stupid move back, I think it's MORE stupid to follow up like that.[/quote]

I see - so you're saying women can't control their emotions, and therefore a woman who physically assaults someone without provocation is less liable for her actions then a man who returns a hit to the face.

So when the next disgruntled housewife runs her BMW over hubby 6 times, give her a slap on the wrist because once those emotions start flowing you know she's just another one of the mentally unstable!

People like you are why our court system is a joke on gender issues.

[quote name='camoor'] you're saying women can't control their emotions[/QUOTE]

That's one of the many defects of their kind.

Also, weak arms.

:applause:Going to disect this and be done with it...

[quote name='camoor']I see - so you're saying women can't control their emotions, and therefore a woman who physically assaults someone without provocation is less liable for her actions then a man who returns a hit to the face.[/quote]
In general, that's my opinion, I have a wife, grown up with only 2 sisters and a mother... and have seen plenty of news papers/shows/interent stories to assume as such. Emotions and women are shaken, not stirred.

Guys can be emotional too... just not as frequent. Myself, never... I don't let emotions control me.

The 2nd part you're just .... I don't know... read my other posts, which I don't know if you're reading my words or just come up with something when you see my post.

Girl hits guy, guy hits back.

Girl = fail = punishment
Guy = fail = punishment

Guy could not have hit = better result, honorable, respectible to himself and just sued like crazy batshit. What's the reason for physical, no one learns anything really besides who can hit harder.

Girl needed to be punished, though is physical punishment warranted? In our day of age of Courts and laws? Aren't we evolved beyond animals?

[quote name='camoor']So when the next disgruntled housewife runs her BMW over hubby 6 times, give her a slap on the wrist because once those emotions start flowing you know she's just another one of the mentally unstable![/quote]

You're blowin this out of proportion.... it's a SLAP... if the girl runs the guy over in a BMW... Kill the bitch... it's a deserving punishment since the guy probalby would have died, and it's premeditated. Manslaughter at the least, and murder at the worst.

[quote name='camoor']People like you are why our court system is a joke on gender issues. [/quote]

See... this is a personal attack...and unwarranted.

It's people in the OP video that we HAVE laws and court system, because people like that can't behave civilly and somehow have to resort to physical aggression to make an idea/point.

ON TOPIC-Let's just discuss what they learn from this... I hope the show dies and the lady is barred from television for life. The guy hopefully will not be such a pansy and get a good settlement from the lawsuit.

[quote name='lilboo']A Stone Cold Stunner would have been funnier, though :nottalking:[/quote]

yeah it would have been... show needs more funny.

She's lucky he didn't punch instead of slap her. Whats this bullshit about not hitting women? So your going to get your ass kicked because you "don't hit girls" so whats stopping her? Sock her in the fucking mouth, that'll stop her.

The moment something escalates to physical violence why do the rules change? If a guy slapped you, I'm sure you would do something.

I still dont really understand why she slapped him in the first place. And take a look again that was one hard ass slap to the face. But he only said 2 words and barely even looked at her. Its just so completely random that I can only assume she has done this before.

Because no one who hasnt already thought they were untouchable in some way would have done that. You can just tell she has slapped many a guy and has had nothing happen to her.

2 guys standing there not saying a word. Then he simply says "hey...maybe we dont want to talk to you."

She says, "go fuck off then."

He replies "You go." In the most calm way I have ever seen.

She slaps him.

I must be missing something here.

[quote name='xycury']:applause:Going to disect this and be done with it...

In general, that's my opinion, I have a wife, grown up with only 2 sisters and a mother... and have seen plenty of news papers/shows/interent stories to assume as such. Emotions and women are shaken, not stirred.

Guys can be emotional too... just not as frequent. Myself, never... I don't let emotions control me.[/quote]

"But I know women, I'm even married to one!" Plus you've seen alot of news papers, shows, and 'interent'

[quote name='xycury']Girl needed to be punished, though is physical punishment warranted? In our day of age of Courts and laws? Aren't we evolved beyond animals?[/quote]

Well - I think we both agree that not resorting to physical violence for either party would have been smarter. Myself - I probably would have just said something like "you hit like a girl" and then ducked back laughing while she went into a rage as security came in to escort her off.

My only point here is that I don't think the woman deserves a (relatively-speaking) free pass due to the supposed weakness of her gender's mental constitution whereas the guy, after being physically provoked and reacting in the same way, deserves mockery due to his resulting panic in the face of potential mob violence.

am i the only one surprised that Indian tv is this liberal? (not that I claim to know ANYTHING about Indian culture.. so I apologize if I come off as ignorant and welcome insight from anyone who has it...)

[quote name='Soodmeg']I still dont really understand why she slapped him in the first place. And take a look again that was one hard ass slap to the face. But he only said 2 words and barely even looked at her. Its just so completely random that I can only assume she has done this before.

Because no one who hasnt already thought they were untouchable in some way would have done that. You can just tell she has slapped many a guy and has had nothing happen to her.

2 guys standing there not saying a word. Then he simply says "hey...maybe we dont want to talk to you."

She says, "go fuck off then."

He replies "You go." In the most calm way I have ever seen.

She slaps him.

I must be missing something here.[/quote]

Yeah I had a hard time trying to think why a slap would have been there to begin with.

I think the premise of the show is to get a rise out of the contestants by doing stupid crazy stuff... if they don't, then they win.

I suppose maybe she got pressure from "above", since maybe they didn't want to pay out.

The lady seemed like she lost control of herself, thus the slap.

The guy saying "Why she slap?" probably because like you stated, hasn't ever been done before.

The whole show seems to be like emotional Fear factor... where if the contestant throws up(loses control) they lose.

I think the lady lost :lol:

Anyways, I would have probably done the same -minus the slap, and just laughed in her face. Probably would have provoked another slap, but at least I'd be ready for it.

What makes me say that the guy could have flinched/dodged was that his feet and hands weren't tied down or anything... and she was cracking a whip the entire time.... I know that would make me nervous enough to at least flinch or something if a hand was coming up.

Really just an awful show.

As soon as she hit him all bets are off. Just because she is a woman is irrelvant. I wouldn't do it, but he had every right to defend himself.

At any rate, Chris Rock tells it like it is. She went too far.

NSFW due to language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4HEjjiPWuE

The only reason she hit him is because she thought she could get away with it. There are a lot of women who do this because they know no matter what, the man will look like he is in the wrong.

[quote name='camoor']"But I know women, I'm even married to one!" Plus you've seen alot of news papers, shows, and 'interent'

Well - I think we both agree that not resorting to physical violence for either party would have been smarter. Myself - I probably would have just said something like "you hit like a girl" and then ducked back laughing while she went into a rage as security came in to escort her off.

My only point here is that I don't think the woman deserves a (relatively-speaking) free pass due to the supposed weakness of her gender's mental constitution whereas the guy, after being physically provoked and reacting in the same way, deserves mockery due to his resulting panic in the face of potential mob violence.[/quote]

yeah :booty:"you hit like a girl" haha

I totally agree with you though. I don't think she should be off the hook. I am just saying that she may have deserved the slap back, but it wasn't needed..

I think the mockery and panic was that it's not "proper" much like how I would think it should be... guys don't normally hit a lady even after a simple slap...

[quote name='smoger']am i the only one surprised that Indian tv is this liberal? (not that I claim to know ANYTHING about Indian culture.. so I apologize if I come off as ignorant and welcome insight from anyone who has it...)[/quote]

I think it has to be... otherwise I don't see this show being able to be on otherwise. I would want to know more if anyone can enlighten the rest of us.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']As soon as she hit him all bets are off. Just because she is a woman is irrelvant. I wouldn't do it, but he had every right to defend himself.

The only reason she hit him is because she thought she could get away with it. There are a lot of women who do this because they know no matter what, the man will look like he is in the wrong.[/quote]

Defend himself? A bit of a stretch though... not like it was a continous slapping, or she used the whip. I'd understand that portion but it was just A slap.

And I agree... I think she thought she could get away with it. and I think the "man will look like he is in the wrong" though is a personal judgement defect... but I don't think a slap back would really move this thought away.

I just wonder if she's hit before, how many, does she have a record.

Seriously I have never resorted to physical violence when it's not needed, and about 99% of the time, it's really not needed.

I totally would have made that lady look like a complete fool on live television instead of a slap back.

violence unfortunately doesn't make a person understand though... knowing that i'd get hit back really to me doesn't make me not want to hit that person if I feel I need to...

I have to agree that if you resort to physical violence.... someone else will but doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

haha I miss the stooges... i need to get a box set... or find something online to watch some episodes...

bread's done
Back