Atlantica Online, Free MMORPG, Turn Based like Final Fantasy

Sideswiper

CAGiversary!
I'm really enjoying Atlantica Online. The turn based, multiple character menu combat (ala Final Fantasy) feels new and fresh in an MMO setting. This is definately worth a look, especially since it is free. Honestly I don't know if this will become my next main MMORPG but it's one of the few free MMORPGs with something quirky to offer.

The referral system is sort of a pain. You need to create an NDOORS account, then message me your NDOORS account name, then I can send you an invite.

http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/default.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sideswiper']The referral system is sort of a pain. You need to create an NDOORS account, then message me your NDOORS account name, then I can send you an invite.[/quote]

PM'ed. While trying out a bunch of MMOs, I might as well try this one too. I'm really trying not to start FFXI and this might be just what I need.

Searching for Atlantica, I only see two posts, and they are mine.

Anyone else want a referral? I need 8 more to get a bonus, help a CAG out!

EDIT: I gave out all my referalls.If you want in, go here and get a message on the list, someone will send you a referall in moments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go here to get a referral:

http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/news/friend_list.asp

Also when you create your first character it will ask if someone referred you, please say "Vroshnak" there.

I am having a blast with this game. To me, this is what Final Fantasy Online should be. Having a party of characters and turn based combat mixed into a MMO is a dream come true for me. Also the PvP feels more like a battle of wits than in other MMOs. I honestly can't wait for them to get out of beta and open the item store so I can send them some money. I've played a lot of Korean free MMOs but this is the first one I've seen really try to do something different. I hope the trend continues!

I heard closed beta just ended - will there be any more character wipes? Is this game slower or faster than a JRPG? Because from youtube videos, it seems a lot slower.

And Sideswiper, sorry to get back to you so late on this, but I am sure there was another thread (which I can't find either) if this was the game where they said there would be no wipe in beta if you guys can get 10,000 players or some such number before the deadline.

Open beta starts on Wednesday and they promise no more character wipes.

I find trash mob battles to be very fast, boss mobs to be kinda slow, if you are in a group in a dungeon and the three of you get in a fight with three groups of mobs that can take a while but there is XP bonus for grouping so it isn't bad. PvP can take a long time but that's a plus if you ask me, makes it feel more tactical.

You can get an autobattle license which lasts a day. You can turn it on and off at will. Using it makes easy fights go very fast since your party is on auto... you want to turn it off for hard fights though, because it is sorta stupid.

This will actually be my main MMO for a few months at least.

I've started playing this with a friend. Never would have guessed a f2p korean mmo would actually be good. Everything is well explained, some pretty famous voice actors (as limited the voicework is..). The soundtrack is extremely limited, especially after having Granado Espada as my last venture into f2p-land, fantastic sound track there. Anyway, yea, level 15 here on the server that starts with an S along with a friend who is level 61.

Yeah this game looks cool. I've never considered playing a F2P MMO until this one. Been holding off until I got my new PC, but now I'm going to download it and give it a shot. Does it run on Vista 64?

Do you still play Granado Espada? The servers are being merged and if you have two families on the same server type (like non-PK and non-PK), the weaker family is being deleted.

[quote name='whitereflection']Do you still play Granado Espada? The servers are being merged and if you have two families on the same server type (like non-PK and non-PK), the weaker family is being deleted.[/QUOTE]
Didn't know that, but I only have one family on each server type so isss all good. Thanks for the warning though.

bread's done
Back