Secondspin.com 20% off plus FREE Shipping on Used Games,DVDs and Cds

This is a great coupon to take advantage, especially if they have something really cheap, like when they had the Halo 3 LE for really cheap. Anyway, any good prices to combine this with?

didn't realize they advertised on the howard stern show (ref: hey now - that or 100 is always the discount code at most places that advertise on his show).

[quote name='SkyGheNe']are the quality of the games good? halo 3 is really cheap.[/quote]

it is kind of a toss up. half the things ive ordered from them do not include the original case but does have manual, and i ordered some accessories before and they came broken. granted customer service replaced it, but it took 2 weeks to replace them. im sort of neutral at this point, but if youre a person that freaks out if it doesnt come with original packaging, then this isnt for you.

thanks for the heads up! I seam to always miss this deal.
Picked up an old .97 cd I'd been wanting for a bit but didn't want to pay $4 after shipping. .84 is much better :p

Gears of War for $20 shipped is tempting, but I still think that's too much for such an old game . . .
Anyone have any thoughts on the game?

Madden 07 for 360 is only $1.58 shipped. I picked up 2 and 2 cheap $0.50 DVDs for under $5 shipped.

Figured I could at least use the 360 cases, and get some achievement pts (one for me and one for little bro)

snagged mass effect: le for $28... hopefully it comes in complete condition

i figure even if i don't like it, i can flip it on goozex for 1000 points.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']are the quality of the games good? halo 3 is really cheap.[/QUOTE]
I've been disappointed with the condition of their used games I received in several recent orders. Half were missing the manual and had 'Movie Gallery' disc shields on them.

I ordered Mario Kart Wii from them and it came in Like New condition with the game, wheel, box, manual, etc. I had no problem with them but that was the only order i've ever placed. The only bad thing was they sent it media mail and it took over 2 weeks to arrive.

Just would like to point out Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection for $23, which would be $18.40 after the offer. EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT deal, even if you don't get one of the manuals or something.

[quote name='zenintrude']do they send an email when the order is shipped? i haven't got one of those yet...[/quote]

yes they do. i got my shipped emails the day after i placed my order.

Anyone know why you can't cancel orders with them? I accidentally shipped to an old address, and they're insisting I just have to wait for it to ship and hope that it just gets sent back to them, even though it won't go out for another week or two knowing them. Is there a real reason for this, or are they just being jerks because it's more trouble to return something than it is to cancel it, and they're hoping you'll just suck it up and keep it so they can keep your money?

[quote name='dinosaursrock']Anyone know why you can't cancel orders with them? I accidentally shipped to an old address, and they're insisting I just have to wait for it to ship and hope that it just gets sent back to them, even though it won't go out for another week or two knowing them. Is there a real reason for this, or are they just being jerks because it's more trouble to return something than it is to cancel it, and they're hoping you'll just suck it up and keep it so they can keep your money?[/QUOTE]

i do know that their customer service occasionally sucks quite a bit... it's a bit of a crap shoot when you're dealing with them.

[quote name='acyw13']anyone knows when will this deal end?[/quote]

the heynow code doesnt ever have an official date as far as i know. it usually works for a few weeks at a time when they advertise on howard stern.

[quote name='zenintrude']mine shipped... excited to see the condition of my mass effect: le... will post updatezzzzzzz![/quote]

i think you got the only copy they had :)

hopefully your copy is minty mint... i have mixed feelings about used games. ordered a bunch before, discs are all good and everything, but one PS3 game came with a dvd case rather than the smaller white/clear case.

Resident Evil 4 Wii - 15.99 + 20% off + Free Shipping.
12.80. Dang, I haven't been able to find it for less than 15 + Shipping

That's even good enough to overcome my natural suspicion of these places. No lets just hope I can get it in one piece.

EDIT: IT came to 13.62 after Tax. I always forget about Tax over the internet. It's still a great deal unless I get it completely without a box or something bizarre like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my order today. I picked up Final Fantasy X and Justice League Heroes for PS2. Both came in generic DVD cases (that weren't even in very good shape) and the FF X disc is fairly beat up. They did at least both include a manual, but I was kinda expecting them to show up in better condition based on what people had said about secondspin. Oh well. Hopefully you guys will have better luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nightmare452']I got Madden 07 (360) for 1.68 w/ shipping. Too good and cheap to pass up.
But I hope the disc comes in some sort of ok shape.[/quote]
There was a thread on SD where people were ordering Madden 07 from them and getting new copies of it that had been reshrinkwrapped and had a used sticker slapped on them.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']halo and gears of war in today.

mint copies.[/quote]

Assuming you used the free shipping option, did they come via mail or via Fedex Ground or UPS Ground?

Thanks

My games came today (they ship via fedex). Madden 07 came complete with case and manual - the disc has two small scratches is all.

I also bought Prince of Persia Sands of Time which came in a generic DVD case, but did include the insert and manual. The disc is in pristine condition.

So far I am 1/3 real cases on PS2 games, 2/2 real cases on 360 games, and 1/2 real cases on original Xbox games.

I'm tempted to order Resistance, but I don't want to get a PS3 game in a full-sized DVD case.

I got my used Halo 3 today and it looks great. It came in the 360 green case, the disc is 100% perfect, and it included manual, unused xbox live 48 hour code, and poster. Very happy with this deal!

This promo was still working???? Howard Stern hasn't done a promo with them for a few weeks if I remember correctly (at least 3). It pops up pretty often though.. whenever you hear him do a short commercial for SecondSpin on his show, the code will work for at least a week or two.

I got my first order yesterday:

- Big Lebowski Collector's Edition -- like new, everything is in great shape :)
- Power Rangers Operation Overdrive vol 5 -- this one *is* new, still has the sticker on the top sealing the case :D
- Dead Rising -- came with case and manual, but unfortunately the disc is cracked in the center. I wrote to their customer service, and they've already got a replacement on the way to me. Awesome deal!

bread's done
Back