EB/GS: [USED] Link's Crossbow Training - $2.99

I don't have a Wii, but my brother does and it was his birthday, so I picked up Mortal Kombat: Armageddon as well as Crossbow Training yesterday. Got both with the Edge Card for $26 and some change out the door.

Crossbow Training came with the game disk and the booklet in a generic GameStop DVD case. I have not been over to his place to play it yet, but I figured for $3... what the hey!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this the other day and it looks like someone traded in their copy with a custom cover. I had to do a double take thinking that NOA actually released it separately or something.

zapper is useful... imho. especially with crossbow training, which requires yu to be somewhat precise, it helps steady your aim.

but others don't agree.

[quote name='zenintrude']zapper is useful... imho. especially with crossbow training, which requires yu to be somewhat precise, it helps steady your aim.

but others don't agree.[/quote]

The Wii Zapper sucks balls, a literal piece of garbage. The Nyko Perfect Shot is MUCH better.

So, thanks for the find OP :).

ROFL, Soooo gonna pick one up if I ever see one. Have the Perfect Shot already, so this'll be fun to use it with.

Also: For those that have it, did it come w/ instructions or a case, or is "complete" technically the disc.

[quote name='Zmonkay']ROFL, Soooo gonna pick one up if I ever see one. Have the Perfect Shot already, so this'll be fun to use it with.

Also: For those that have it, did it come w/ instructions or a case, or is "complete" technically the disc.[/quote]

it comes in a case like wii sports did, a cardboard cd sized flap with instruction manual

[quote name='lukewin']it comes in a case like wii sports did, a cardboard cd sized flap with instruction manual[/QUOTE]

Thank you! As long as GS has the instructions, I'll be cool (not that they're needed for this game, but I'm anal about stuff like that)

Thanks again!

[quote name='InFlames215']The Wii Zapper sucks balls, a literal piece of garbage. The Nyko Perfect Shot is MUCH better.[/QUOTE]

i have both, and they're both good in different ways... but, thanks for that insightful response!

Can anyone link to a proper DVD case label? I remember someone made one for Wii Sports and I imagine someone did a proper case label for it as well.

Thanks for the news, I'll try to pick this up if I go by there.
The game looks fun and at 3 bucks is a steal. Maybe this will makeup for the fact that I missed fire emblem at CC.

Oh come on. This is just a mini-game game. You really don't need a case & instruction booklet! :lol:

(Though I'd probably be the same way!)

Got mine at the local GS minutes ago, complete with the cardboard sleeve and the instruction manual!

Thanks for the knowledge of another great deal, lilboo!

[quote name='NateWhs152']Game is really fun, to be honest worth it for 20 but for 3, anyone with a wii should jump on this deal[/quote]
Absolutely true. And then, since you're saving money you should also download Wild West Guns on WiiWare, since it's also really fun and is basically the same game with cowboys.

I have the game w/o the zapper, and I enjoy it. I would jump on this if I didn't have it already.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']how fast paced is it compared to HotD2/3 and Ghost Squad? I love the quick pacing of those two games, but this sounds slower.[/QUOTE]

it's not really like those... it's more of a trainer. i.e. if you've played the zapper stage on Wii Play, you know exactly what to expect.

the "fps" parts are somewhat interesting, in that you control link as he walks around a few very constrained stages based off of twilight princess.

ghost squad is far and away the best wii light gun shooter... link's crossbow training doesn't even compare, but for $3, it's worth it.

[quote name='zenintrude']it's not really like those... it's more of a trainer. i.e. if you've played the zapper stage on Wii Play, you know exactly what to expect.

the "fps" parts are somewhat interesting, in that you control link as he walks around a few very constrained stages based off of twilight princess.

ghost squad is far and away the best wii light gun shooter... link's crossbow training doesn't even compare, but for $3, it's worth it.[/quote]

awesome. thanks for the perspective.

off topic: how's life treating you.

Picked one up complete with instructions and sleeve. Disc was flawless too, like it hadn't been played. Not a bad deal for $2.69 (after Edge discount). Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back