Neo Fami $30 at eStarland

Depends if you need something to play NES games, and if you can't get a functional NES cheaper. They seem to be going for more and more money.

I don't think people are going to buy this for the ability to play NES, I think most people pick it up for the ability to play Fami carts.

But hey, it can also play NES games, so that doesn't hurt. And it looks pretty spiffy.

$37 after shipping. Not bad....it does look pretty cool. I hope its true that you never get the flashing screen etc. I need to dig out my NES out of the garage, theres a box of at least 50 carts in there I need to take out.

the one from www.toysnjoys.com (also $30) comes with the converter to play usa games. One of the gametz users ordered from estarland and didnt get the converter. I would recommend the one from toysnjoys.com I own it and love it

Does this one work with the gun? I heard the famicon AV, which is the legit version of the famicon that was made till 2000 needed a mod to work with US guns.

this does not play all nes games i do have the converter it plays some but not all you cant use orginal nes controllers or gun it does play fc games i have one for trade

[quote name='dracula']the one from www.toysnjoys.com (also $30) comes with the converter to play usa games. One of the gametz users ordered from estarland and didnt get the converter. I would recommend the one from toysnjoys.com I own it and love it[/quote]
eStarland's listing says that it includes the converter... The converter is bundled by the manufacturer I believe.

Toys n Joys has a lifetime rating of 2.75 on Resellerratings, not good. I've heard good things about them in the past, but nothing as of late.
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller4516.html

Toys n Joys has ripped me off both times I placed orders with them. If you buy from them you will be very sorry.

That said, I don't think the Neo Fami is very good. I have one, and it has some problems displaying graphics for certain games. I think it uses emulation, and it has some problems.

[quote name='lain21us']Toys n Joys has ripped me off both times I placed orders with them. If you buy from them you will be very sorry.

That said, I don't think the Neo Fami is very good. I have one, and it has some problems displaying graphics for certain games. I think it uses emulation, and it has some problems.[/quote]

ive ordered from toysnjoys on multiple occasions(including the neo fami) and never had a problem.

I have also heard horror stories of both estarland and toysnjoys.

The version that estarland sells is the version made by yobo, it says that gametech made it in the description but the only one they sell is made by yobo. The one from toysnjoys is also by yobo

I havent found any games that dont work, so far i have tried about a hundred games or so on the neo fami(including tengen and wisdom tree games), my only complaint is that the controller is a bit flimsy.

Again, i dont regret getting this from toysnjoys in the least, but estarland and baysoft offer something similar, but it sounds like they are using an inferior converter if some of the games do not work. either that or the gametech model is just inferior to the yobo version.

My local video shop is selling these for $40 with the Nes convertor. I'll be more than willing to pick them up for anyone who would like. PM me.

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='lain21us']Toys n Joys has ripped me off both times I placed orders with them. If you buy from them you will be very sorry.

That said, I don't think the Neo Fami is very good. I have one, and it has some problems displaying graphics for certain games. I think it uses emulation, and it has some problems.[/quote]

ive ordered from toysnjoys on multiple occasions(including the neo fami) and never had a problem.

I have also heard horror stories of both estarland and toysnjoys.

The version that estarland sells is the version made by yobo, it says that gametech made it in the description but the only one they sell is made by yobo. The one from toysnjoys is also by yobo

I havent found any games that dont work, so far i have tried about a hundred games or so on the neo fami(including tengen and wisdom tree games), my only complaint is that the controller is a bit flimsy.

Again, i dont regret getting this from toysnjoys in the least, but estarland and baysoft offer something similar, but it sounds like they are using an inferior converter if some of the games do not work. either that or the gametech model is just inferior to the yobo version.[/quote]
Converter has nothing to do with it.

eStarland has the Gametech box pictured as well as in the description. Toysnjoys has the Yobo version. I don't know what the difference is, they both need the converter. They both use Genesis style connectors. I don't know if the Yobo one is a knockoff, or just the English version from the same company.

http://www.nesplayer.com/pirates/neofami.htm

[quote name='Heyricochet']Does this one work with the gun? I heard the famicon AV, which is the legit version of the famicon that was made till 2000 needed a mod to work with US guns.[/quote]

No, None of the NES controllers work. This one uses different controller ports than the original NES. They look more like Genesis/3do ports. Whichis one of the reasons I didn't jump all over it when I saw it at a local shop.

I would probably try to find a good working original NES or Famicon (if you actually play imports). I found a great NES at a yard sale for $5 with the light gun, 2 controllers, and a light gun.

I have only seen the Yobo units....and I really can't stand the controllers. Although the gameplay is just as tight, it just doesn't feel the same. It's on par with playing on your computer...to speak truthfully, if you know what I mean.

I got this today, and all nintendo made games and some 3rd party games have no sound or garbled sound, but most other 3rd party games do have sound. Does anyone else have this problem, or should I return it for a new one?

My local video game shop is selling them for $70.

But then again, they try to sell super mario/duck hunt carts for $5.99

don't know about u guys, but I just like original stuff. If I wanted an NES system, I would buy the original one regardless if this can play jap and us games.

Yeah, but many people have problems with their original nes' and this is a good way around it. I have an nes and still ordered one of these just to avoid the hassle.

bread's done
Back