- - - - -

o dang Henry Hatsworth! puzzle / platform hybrid

#61 bluesyncopate   Casualcore! CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

bluesyncopate

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

I have a question. I noticed that after I defeated the bosses of the first two areas (I'm now in the third world), I can't go back and fight them again. This sucks because I had the volume turned down during the second boss fight, and I've heard the music is part of the experience.

Any clues on how to fight bosses again without starting a new game? Do I have to beat the game?

#62 FriskyTanuki   Get bopped, son. CAGiversary!   58360 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:02 PM

I have a question. I noticed that after I defeated the bosses of the first two areas (I'm now in the third world), I can't go back and fight them again. This sucks because I had the volume turned down during the second boss fight, and I've heard the music is part of the experience.

Any clues on how to fight bosses again without starting a new game? Do I have to beat the game?

I'm not sure about how you can fight them again, but you can get the soundtrack from the official site.

Just go here: http://www.henryhats..._us/home.action

And click on the downloads tab.

You read it. You can't unread it.

11th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Contest Now Live - Sign-up Before 3/19 @ 12:15 PM ET

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#63 Mr Unoriginal   Cheap Amish Gamer CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Mr Unoriginal

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:24 PM

I'm through the first 3 worlds and I'm really liking the game. Funny thing is, I don't really know why. It's certainly not breaking any new grounds but I guess it has just enough polish to keep me going.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#64 bluesyncopate   Casualcore! CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

bluesyncopate

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

I'm not sure about how you can fight them again . . .

Thanks for the tip on the soundtrack.

It does kind of suck that you can't replay the boss fights. I have found the boss fights to be highlights of the game, and the idea of starting a character from scratch on a different save slot just to play them "one more time" seems ridiculous. While overall I'd say the design of this game is just about perfect, but that is a very glaring oversight.

If anyone finds out a way to replay boss fights without starting from scratch, let me know.

#65 Mr Unoriginal   Cheap Amish Gamer CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Mr Unoriginal

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

Wow this game gets hard at the end. The last two worlds are pretty much full of instant deaths that have you falling into a pit as soon as you are hit by anything. A lot of frustration for me now and not the kind where I feel rewarded at the end. Slogging through world 5 but I don't know if I will make it to the end.

#66 FriskyTanuki   Get bopped, son. CAGiversary!   58360 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, if each level weren't 3-4 screens worth of levels and the only checkpoints are for beating each screen, it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating.

You read it. You can't unread it.

11th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Contest Now Live - Sign-up Before 3/19 @ 12:15 PM ET

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#67 Mr Unoriginal   Cheap Amish Gamer CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Mr Unoriginal

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, if each level weren't 3-4 screens worth of levels and the only checkpoints are for beating each screen, it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating.

Yeah, I've given up after 5-2. The game just becomes trial and error with one hit kills all over the place. No longer fun. Oh well, I enjoyed most of what I played.

#68 SuperPhillip   Banned Banned   2238 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

SuperPhillip

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:28 AM

Yeah, I've given up after 5-2. The game just becomes trial and error with one hit kills all over the place. No longer fun. Oh well, I enjoyed most of what I played.

I found 5-1 the hardest. Those powerful axe guys, the two ambush rooms, and the numerous pits made for one frustrating level.

5-3 was pretty easy. The second "room" is a vertical one, so if you fall, you just land a floor below.

Keep at it. You're almost there!

#69 bmachine   somewhat damaged CAGiversary!   5579 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

I think my girlfriend is near the end of the game...she keeps screaming at her DS.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#70 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6752 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

Arg, I've been wondering why this hasn't shipped from TRU the day they had their $10 coupon. Turns out I never placed the order, and it was still sitting in my cart :bomb:

#71 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9831 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

Still waiting for $20 price tag :)
"Evil is Funs"

#72 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6752 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:09 AM

Well with the coupon, it was at the $20 price tag.

#73 mcgavin27   twomanjobs.com CAGiversary!   3976 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

I ended up getting it last night, and it really surprised me. The game is much more fun than I thought. Well worth the $30.

logo.png

#74 Mr Unoriginal   Cheap Amish Gamer CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Mr Unoriginal

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

I ended up getting it last night, and it really surprised me. The game is much more fun than I thought. Well worth the $30.

Let us know what you think when you get to world 4 or 5.

#75 Reality's Fringe   Goes sex for pussy CAGiversary!   7112 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Reality's Fringe

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

Let us know what you think when you get to world 4 or 5.

It does get really hard, but it's not that big a problem. I don't know WHY it suddenly gets so hard, but I didn't get it when Yoshi's Island DS got really hard all of a sudden.

The game could definitely be refined, but it's so "charming" to me that I can look past it. I'm looking forward to this dev's next game.
http://artthoubored.ytmnd.com/

http://snapintotehslimjim.ytmnd.com/

I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.

#76 nyprimus4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3281 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:14 AM

How long does it last? My sister is giving me her DS Lite seeing as she doesn't play it anymore. So I'm thinking rather then buying a few games to start off with and not giving all my games the proper love I'm going to keep my backlog down by only buying one game at a time and making sure I beat everything. Just want to make sure I'm getting my moneys worth though. So how many hours?

#77 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8015 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:11 AM

It does get really hard, but it's not that big a problem. I don't know WHY it suddenly gets so hard, but I didn't get it when Yoshi's Island DS got really hard all of a sudden.

The game could definitely be refined, but it's so "charming" to me that I can look past it. I'm looking forward to this dev's next game.

I found it to be a problem. I was enjoying the hell out of the game early on, then as it got harder still enjoying it....then it became Mega Man difficult with stupid pit traps and crap and I havnt touched it in 2 weeks.....

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#78 ihadFG   Adamustache CAGiversary!   7992 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

I found it to be a problem. I was enjoying the hell out of the game early on, then as it got harder still enjoying it....then it became Mega Man difficult with stupid pit traps and crap and I havnt touched it in 2 weeks.....

I agree. I gave up on the game during world 5. It just wasn't fun anymore because of the difficulty. I can't think of any other DS game I've played that got this difficult, it should have had an "easy" difficulty setting or something.

My Tradelist

#79 mickeyp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1166 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

$20 used at gamestop,then use 10% coupon and edge to get it cheaper, if you want to buy used of course. I like it so far.
Smile

#80 JEKKI   JEKKI WOO FOO FOO CAGiversary!   7009 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:15 AM

omg! finally FINALLY started playing today!!

I'm fashionably late to my own party! lol.

the action part is great, Henry man controls real tight so I like that.

not mind blowingly great tho... it's definitely no Ninja 5-0 or Drill Dozer.

the puzzle mode is freakin bootleg tho... but I only feel that way coz I take Tetris Attack as serious as I do Street Fighter.

still... it works well and accomplishes what it needs to. There's really no benefit in breaking the bottom screen anyways lol.

overall... I played thru the whole first world and definitely loving it all.

#81 eugaet   1d20 to save vs CAG CAGiversary!   3515 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

So far, I've played through the first world. Pretty damn fun. I keep forgetting about the lower screen until I see the red flashing on the bottom of the top screen, though. Working on that.

A bunch of concept art has recently been posted on Offworld. The art spans the whole game, so some might consider them a bit of a spoiler. Just fair warning. LINK

Also, I can only imagine that Evil Ben Franklin would have been an awesome adversary.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#82 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   14806 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

So far, I've played through the first world. Pretty damn fun. I keep forgetting about the lower screen until I see the red flashing on the bottom of the top screen, though. Working on that.

A bunch of concept art has recently been posted on Offworld. The art spans the whole game, so some might consider them a bit of a spoiler. Just fair warning. LINK

Also, I can only imagine that Evil Ben Franklin would have been an awesome adversary.

I wish this would go on sale for like $10-$15 already. I want to play this pretty badly, but not $30 badly. :bomb:

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#83 JEKKI   JEKKI WOO FOO FOO CAGiversary!   7009 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:44 PM

the stages in this game are all real long tho.

if you do the whole price to game length proportion thingy... the game is actually worth a lot more than $30

#84 JEKKI   JEKKI WOO FOO FOO CAGiversary!   7009 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

whooo! beat it!!

honestly... not very hard at all.

got damn gamers these days... smh for realz.

-EDIT-

read back a few pages and whaaaaaaat there are secret levels?!?!

I wont be putting this away so soon then.

#85 Hostile   Dark Evangel CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:11 PM

I finished today as well but I'll sort of disagree on difficulty. Some parts of the game **** you over for no reason at all except to piss you off like an old-school Mega Man game. I started dying a lot more late World 2 or early World 3 but stopped dying frequently early World 4. The final boss would have been very manageable except for one part...
Spoiler

#86 JEKKI   JEKKI WOO FOO FOO CAGiversary!   7009 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:09 PM

you're supposed to use your projectile attacks in that situation.

I cant believe so many ppl have a hard time with that O_o

#87 Hostile   Dark Evangel CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

you're supposed to use your projectile attacks in that situation.

I cant believe so many ppl have a hard time with that O_o

Spoiler

#88 JEKKI   JEKKI WOO FOO FOO CAGiversary!   7009 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

u dont need a lot of projectile hits... you can jump off and shoot one or 2, and catch yourself back onto the wall easily,

furthermore dont forget... the bullets power up when u go into puzzle mode mid-trajectory. It's jus another one of the many useful tools that ppl overlook in the game.

#89 Hostile   Dark Evangel CAGiversary!   3148 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

I know that works with the bombs and boomerang but I didn't notice it working for the regular weapon. I beat the game already so tips aren't needed ;)

I had purchased all the upgrades and found all the missing Golden items before I completed it. I probably won't be playing through it again on the harder difficulty.

#90 vherub   x CAGiversary!   3392 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

I got this for my sister for her birthday, she's loving it. I got her peggle also- and I think she might like this even more than peggle!