o dang Henry Hatsworth! puzzle / platform hybrid

JEKKI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
how come nobody told me about this game?!?!?! a trailer for it came out today...

rk06kh.jpg

4q5v9j.jpg

IGN hands-on: http://ds.ign.com/articles/898/898159p1.html

trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39592.html?type=flv

I love you.
You always find the best looking games.

This looks REALLY interesting!!
Plus the dude has a monocle!!!

Sounds good but I want to know how the controls will be like. That could be the deal breaker for me.

[quote name='lilboo']I love you.
You always find the best looking games.

This looks REALLY interesting!!
Plus the dude has a monocle!!!

I first heard about this on 1UP Yours and somehow forgot about it. Seeing it in action, it does look very cool. Hope it'll be good, like chocolate and peanut butter :)

Heard about this on the Player One Podcast about a month ago.

Seeing the trailer, I'm calling this one: Kid Chameleon in Tetris Attack World.

I'm not clear on this - are you actually doing any platforming, or is the platforming stuff just a show that happens as a result of playing the Tetris Attack clone? If that's it, it's a day 2,096,780 purchase for me, if I still have a DS then and I'm not dead.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm not clear on this - are you actually doing any platforming, or is the platforming stuff just a show that happens as a result of playing the Tetris Attack clone?[/quote]

You do the platforming stuff and eventually have to go to the tetris-attack screen to clear it from the building up of baddies or something. It's almost the exact opposite of how you described it, bringing it much closer to day one, thereby increasing your chance of still being alive exponentially when you buy it.

I've been reading periodic updates on this since last summer and it looks like a lot of fun.

This recent preview from Joystiq has me kind of amped up:

For once, without a game guide leaning over my shoulder to constantly remind me of what I ought to be doing, I genuinely lost myself in the platforming gameplay long enough that the puzzle actually became a threat. That's how solid the platforming design is: The upper half of the game could stand on its own, if it had to. I was having such a great time just platforming my way through Henry's world, that I completely forgot about the puzzle game until the pieces began to climb up onto the top screen, and I had to frantically scramble for puzzle matches before I got into real trouble.
Good show!

Comically bad British accent....

Old timey 1950s inspired Ren and Stimpy like music...

Potentially Tom Kenny doing the voice over (or a good imitator)...

And Super Exciting Robot Juice.

This is all I've ever wanted in life.

Game looks so fucking win. Been waiting for it ever since it was being referred to as "Untitled: The Game."

I can not believe how awesome EA has been getting.

Ya IGN says its one of the best DS games ever created. I didn't know if EA was going to be able to pull it off but they did!

oh yah! gotta get dat free soundtrack!!!

I havent ordered my game yet o_O I sent sum used games into amazon yesterday,

waiting for my $14 store credit lol

I got this game yesterday. It's fun, interesting and creative... I have a hard time believing that EA was responsible for its creation.

Best quote about this game,

"If Mario and Luigi went to Oxford instead of plumbing school, you'll get Henry Hatsworth"

I can't wait to pick this up.

I have been playing the game most of the day so far and will vouch it is living up to the hype. I almost never post at a topic specific to one game but this is seriously the most fun I have had with a game since Professor layton. I love the voice "acting" in this, especially monkay boi!

Edit - Its also amazing how much the soundtrack kicks ass. This is one of the first games in awhile that I have not only not had the urge to turn the volumn off and watch TV/listen to a podcast while playing but also put my headphones on and just enjoy the soundtrack.

[quote name='MSI Magus']
Edit - Its also amazing how much the soundtrack kicks ass. This is one of the first games in awhile that I have not only not had the urge to turn the volumn off and watch TV/listen to a podcast while playing but also put my headphones on and just enjoy the soundtrack.[/quote]
Strange, I can't imagine enjoying a game while listening to TV or a podcast instead of the game music and sound.

I played this game for about 2 hours last night, and only stopped because it was 4am and I needed to sleep! Crazy good fun, a great sense of humor, and thoroughly addictive. I loves me some Henry Hatsworth.

This game just keeps getting better. Apparently there are hidden exits in some level that lead to secret levels. The secret levels are supposed to be way harder but have big rewards including upgrades to your suit(one guy said the one he got made it so treasure was worth more when picked up).

I've been playing this for the past two hours and am loving it.

The only negative is that it manages to one-up JRPGs for the most annoying text sounds, as you hear "harrumphs" and other similar sounds for each word that comes up, which is more annoying than just beeps. A simple harrumph at the end or beginning of each sentence would've been fine.

I freaking love the voice acting! I think im probally about 60% through the game at this point and have to say I am still very impressed, and am pleased to see that eve if the game isnt hard its harder then many are these days later in the game.

I've only played it for the first 30 mins or so, and it seems to be a pretty fun game in a odd way. I always loved tetris attack, but I hope it doesn't hinder the gameplay if you are increasingly good at tetris attack.

I'll add to the Chorus of Joy here - the platforming elements are very simple, yet solid and fun, with good music and visuals, and the puzzle is basically Tetris Attack / Puzzle de Pon with special tiles that activate things like lightning, health, and temporary speed increases once you return to the top world; there are also tiles that increase the time you can spend in the puzzle world; puzzle combos also increase the amount of energy that fills your special meter, which, when full, allows you to transform into a GIANT FREAKING ROBOT.

It's the kind of game you hope succeeds, because it's so gleefully anti-hip that you can't help but love it. GOOD SHOW!

When you're puzzling, you crave to return to the platformer; when you're platforming, you want to puzzle some more.

[quote name='shlby']I've only played it for the first 30 mins or so, and it seems to be a pretty fun game in a odd way. I always loved tetris attack, but I hope it doesn't hinder the gameplay if you are increasingly good at tetris attack.[/quote]

If I understood the GT review correctly, you don't have to be dependent on the puzzle element. You can make the game as easy or as hard as you like by how much you depend on the puzzles.

Did not hear about this game until the day it came out, enjoying it more than any game I have played on the ds in a long time.

God damn the boss of the Atlantica area is difficult. Think this is the first time in years I have burned through more then 1 or 2 free men fighting a boss.

bread's done
Back