$10 Gift Card with Lots of Popular Pre-orders at Circuit City

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
[img-r=4668]2425[/img-r]:360:Gears of War 2 (Reg and LE)
:360:Fable 2 (Reg and LE)
:ps3:LittleBigPlanet
:ps3:Resistance 2
iconcircuitcity.gif
Call of Duty World at War (PS3/360/Wii)
iconcircuitcity.gif
Fallout 3 w/mini guide (PS3/360/PC)
iconcircuitcity.gif
Fallout 3 CE w/mini guide (PS3/360/PC)
iconcircuitcity.gif
Far Cry 2 (PS3/360)
iconcircuitcity.gif
Pure (PS3/360)
:ds:Dragon Quest IV
:pc:Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning
:pc:Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
:pc:Sims 3

Unrelated yet noteworthy, :ps3:Rock Band 2 is $10 off and the :ps3:Drums are $9 off.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn, why doesnt BB do this.

it sucks cuz i have a bunch of Giftcards for BB, but they never give you good stuff for pre-orders.

i hate BB.

i did this last night for fallout and LBP. They charged the 20 for giftcards now and 100 when the games ship. got the gift card codes instantly. anyone know their preorder policy if i cancel or wanna switch it?

Tempting to get LBP... But I'd prefer sackboy or nariko for bonuses (I really want that sack, but no gamecrazys here) and I have a bestbuy giftcard to use...

Are these normally long-term deals (can I wait a few weeks to see if bestbuy matches it)?

BB price matches preorder deals like this (YMMV, though). I did the same thing with GTAIV. And yes, I preordered in the actual CC store for Gears of War 2.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Do they charge immediately or when it ships?[/QUOTE]
It's illegal to charge before the item is out (ex: preorders, they might charge a couple days before release though)

[quote name='MikeHoncho']It's illegal to charge before the item is out (ex: preorders, they might charge a couple days before release though)[/quote]

I could be wrong but i believe that is ONLY if the item is shipping over 30 days. Under 30 days they can charge away. This is because it defeats credit card policies.

And many places do issue a pending charge on the day of order just to check to make sure the funds are available. It usually goes away in a few days.

Does anybody know if this offer is in stores also? I asked a guy at cc and he said it was only online, but maybe he didn't know.
Also with this offer is this the best place to pre-order Fallout 3, Fable 2 and Gears of War 2?

you get the gift card by e-mail right after you place the order, but they charge $10 for the gift card and the remaining $50 when the game ships.

No Resistance 2 CE? This might be the best price for those of us have to pay Amazon taxes... $80 - $10 gc... not to mention there's a 10% code somewhere (maybe don't work on pre-orders). Hell, i'm tempted to pick up Fallout 3 CE from CC as well, $10 back is $10 back, it beats GS's free music CD and poster.

wonder what r the odds of CC having Dragon quest 4 in tomorrow *tuesday*

flyer says weds but best buy already has said they will have theirs tomorrow (same as ebgames)

Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but if I preorder DQIV DS online will there be an opinion to pick it up in store or would I have to wait for it to ship.

[quote name='786110']Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but if I preorder DQIV DS online will there be an opinion to pick it up in store or would I have to wait for it to ship.[/QUOTE]

probally on weds it will show pick up in store .... Fingers crossed tomorrow

[quote name='slidecage']probally on weds it will show pick up in store .... Fingers crossed tomorrow[/quote]

Even if I order it today?

I'm always hesistant to preorder without having any reviews to go by. Resistance 2 is probably a pretty good bet. Not sure on Gears though. Looks like more of the same.

Price:

$39.99

preorder
- or -
Notify me when available
Release date: 09/16/2008

if today is the release date wonder why it still says PREORDER

Ebgames and best buy both said they will have them around 1pm today ...

Come on CC get it.... if CC dont get it today i will just not buy it since gamefly will ship them today

I will be on vacation when Fallout 3 and Fable II release. I decided to pre-order them and have them shipped so they will be waiting for me when I get home. CCity had the best on-line deals with the $10 gift cards. I now have a $20 e-card which I will use towards GoW2 or Left 4 Dead!

Can these kind of deals be used in conjunction with CC's gamer's club discounts? I've been thinking about doing that but it just seems like doing so would nullify any pre-order deals or other savings

[quote name='Jackalope']I'm always hesistant to preorder without having any reviews to go by. Resistance 2 is probably a pretty good bet. Not sure on Gears though. Looks like more of the same.[/quote]

Gears 2 and Resistance 2, head to head :)

I'm getting both... There are games capture your attention right away and the action just keep pumping on, Gears and Resistance are such games. As to opinions like "just like the first one" it actually could be a good thing.

CC doesn't have Resistance 2 CE, otherwise i'm all in... Pre-ordered Gears 2 LE with the Lancer.

[quote name='sophicous']Can these kind of deals be used in conjunction with CC's gamer's club discounts? I've been thinking about doing that but it just seems like doing so would nullify any pre-order deals or other savings[/quote]

I'm trying to find the answer for that as well....

another question, the $10 bonus GC is still good when the game is released?

I'm going to hope Amazon matches that RB2 PS3 pre-order price. Since I don't have to pay them tax, that's $5 more in my pocket.

This is a dumb question but can I apply the gift card to the pre-order or is that only for a next purchase?

even though the release date is today for dragon quest iv, you're still able to do the pre-order deal. unfortunately there's no in store pickup. but i got my gift card.

[quote name='olduwan']This is a dumb question but can I apply the gift card to the pre-order or is that only for a next purchase?[/quote]

nvm, just realized this question is even dumber than i thought.

[quote name='dizz.lee']even though the release date is today for dragon quest iv, you're still able to do the pre-order deal. unfortunately there's no in store pickup. but i got my gift card.[/QUOTE]

What's the pre-order deal? the $10 gift card? The CC ad has the $10 gift card with purchase of DQIV as well... or do you get two gift cards?

this sounds like the pre-order $10 bonus deal is SAME as the release date purchase and get $10 GC. Of course, in store (after release), the titles might vary...

i don't think you get the $10 from pre-order and then get another $10 after the game is released. Of course, check the receipt people! There could be a loop hole where you can potentially get $20 back...

CC now has Dragon quest 4 in stock at least at my store. They are up behind the front counter... now to stay up all night playing it LOL

[quote name='klew']One poster confirmed a B&M preorder. Can the op (or anyone else) please verify this?[/quote]
I posted that you can do this in the store. Just check in the store and they usually have preorder boxes and whatnot.

[quote name='mrkapawutzis']None of my local CC's (San Diego) had Dragon Quest in stock yet. I guess tomorrow they'll have them.[/QUOTE]

did you ask them to check behind the front counter.... Most places have them in but are holding them it seems till weds when the ad shows. If you go to the front counter and ask they might have them

here locally they had a stack of games right next to a stack of the 10 buck gift cards... They must expect a lot of people to show today

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I am getting these preorders for $10 off, and still getting a $10 GC as well. So, that's $20 off each game, essentially. I preordered 6 games, each of them were $10 off at checkout (called a "package discount"), and then I was emailed 6 seperate $10 gift cards. Woot!

bread's done
Back