Rock Band 2 Wireless Drum Set - $68.99 and Free Shipping - DeepDiscount.com

ZackScott

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I just saw this deal at DeepDiscount.com. I decided not to go with it in hopes my local GameCrazy gets it in stock tomorrow, but this a good price. GameStop and GameCrazy list it at $89.99, and Best Buy lists it as $79.99.

XBox 360: http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=48645663

Wii: http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=48645640

At the time of this posting, the item is listed as a Pre-order. I was going to order it with 2nd day shipping, but I saw this:

"Second Day delivery will apply only to the first shipment of in-stock items. Subsequent backorder or pre-orders shipments will be sent via Standard Delivery."

Does that mean it won't work for pre-orders even if they charge you for it?

I'd be worried I'd get the RB1 drums instead by accident. I'll go ahead and pick them up at Best Buy with the $10 off $75 coupon.

That's a sweet deal, but I think I'll wait for the special edition and get it shipped free from Amazon. DD's unpredictable shipping times are fine on some things, but I like certainty with something important like Rock Band stuff.

[quote name='techniqual']Nice deal. I only needed to buy the updated accessories, as I am getting the game itself separately. You can also sweeten up the deal using Microsoft Live search cashback of 4% by registering your account with MS and going through the site portals: http://search.live.com/cashback/stores?letter=all&c=&s=discount&d=desc

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

Wow, that makes for an insanely awesome price on the special edition bundle. I might have to get in on that.

[quote name='techniqual']Nice deal. I only needed to buy the updated accessories, as I am getting the game itself separately. You can also sweeten up the deal using Microsoft Live search cashback of 4% by registering your account with MS and going through the site portals: http://search.live.com/cashback/stores?letter=all&c=&s=discount&d=desc

Thanks!![/quote]

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the bundle instead of buying the game and instruments separately?

Well, I am getting just the game free as a gift for my birthday, but yeah....it would be cheaper to buy the bundle instead of each item individually. Anyways, I didn't see the special edition (prerelease) bundle listed....just the regular one that ships in October.

If you already bought the Rock band 1 bundle, you might be better off just getting the standalone game plus these drums. Reviews say that if you hated the rock band guitar before (which most people did), you'll hate the new one as well. Of course, who needs a new microphone either? The first one was the best-built part in the box, and that's probably because it's actually made by Logitech.

The only reason I could see needing the guitar as well is for the new automatic calibration feature, but I just got the game today, and I'd actually say this game did a much better job of calibrating anyways, so I don't really think the new guitar would be necessary. My Rock Band 1 drums actually seem more responsive with a calibrated Rock Band 2. Go figure.

I'll wait until this lowers. Also I heard that Rock Band drum kit is compatible with GH World Tour but how is that possible if World tour has an extra pad

I picked up the drums albeit at BB and am NOT disappointed. They are much quieter and the bass pedal is much more solid. Also the material of the pads themselves have a lot more give. I highly recommend this set as an upgrade although I was forced into the upgrade by a busted sensor.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']I'll wait until this lowers. Also I heard that Rock Band drum kit is compatible with GH World Tour but how is that possible if World tour has an extra pad[/quote]

Its kinda weird, but when you hook up a Rock Band drum set the fretboard on GH: World Tour transforms into a 4-fret, whereas the normal one is 5-fret.

I'd be worried I'd get the RB1 drums instead by accident. I'll go ahead and pick them up at Best Buy with the $10 off $75 coupon.

Getting it a Best Buy seems like a safer bet for me. I searched the forum but didn't find a Best Buy coupon, can someone post the link? Thanks!

bread's done
Back