- - - - -

Amazon - Opoona Wii $42.99

#1 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10273 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

Now here's one third-party game which seems to refuse to go below $39.99.

http://www.amazon.co...id=CIX1UXYA1IL0

#2 zenintrude   habitual line stepper CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

zenintrude

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:44 PM

39.99 at GS... comes to about the same as amazon's price after tax. plus, you have it today if you find it near you: http://www.gamestop....?product_id=471

YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#3 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5445 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

Amazon actually had this down to $40 for almost a month, but recently increased the price back to above that level. As such, this really isn't a deal.

#4 Suoukun   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   29 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

Not remotely close to the price I'd be willing to pick this up. I love RPGs and all, but this one I hear is definitely mediocre.

#5 freshzen   Big Mon CAGiversary!   4399 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

I wanted to buy one used with the 25% game stop coupon but none were local enough. I'm going to keep waiting for a better price enough though it seems to be hard to find in stores at this point.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Dead of Knight  

Dead of Knight

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:23 AM

Damn, this game just isn't dropping in price. Pity, as it's awesome and more people should play it. One of the most underrated games EVER. :)
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#7 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1606 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:17 AM

This is another reason why I love having a Brandsmart in the area. Picked this up about 2 months ago for $8.88 on sale.

The game is definitely a little different. The one handed controls actually work fairly well and made it a good game or me to play when I was lazy and laying on the couch.

796630.png

#8 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10273 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:00 AM

One of the most underrated games EVER. :)

Just looks like my kind of game. I want to try it and have had it on my Goozex list forever, but not many folks seem to have bought it. I can get just about any game through Goozex, but this one -- I've been holding at the second spot for months now.

The one handed controls actually work fairly well and made it a good game or me to play when I was lazy and laying on the couch.

You know, that's sort of the game experience I've been wanting lately, and it's something that certainly puts purchasing a 360 in my head. I don't always want to sit fully alert gaming, arms ready to wiggle about. Like when I play my DS, I'm just kicking back. The Wii makes it hard to do that sometimes.

Anyhow, I've been watching this game for a while, but with my limited budget, I'm waiting for a $19.99 or lower price somewhere before I grab it.

#9 jbroush99   Old Tickle Feathers CAGiversary!   2596 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:07 AM

They also have House of the Dead 2&3 Return at $19.99 to match CC's ad.

#10 wii skiier   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   664 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

wii skiier

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

If any stores besides Gamestop had actually gotten this game, we would definitely be able to find it clearanced by now. I'm in the same boat as utopianmachine with not making any progress on Goozex.

One-handed play excites me.

Everyone else was saying it, so I had to join in.

#11 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 16 September 2008 - 03:32 PM

If any stores besides Gamestop had actually gotten this game, we would definitely be able to find it clearanced by now. I'm in the same boat as utopianmachine with not making any progress on Goozex.

Everyone else was saying it, so I had to join in.

My TRU has a stack of them sitting innocuously in the case. I'm waiting for when they inevitably get clearanced there since no one seems to be buying it.

#12 wii skiier   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   664 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

wii skiier

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

I just saw that you can get it for about $25 on half.com:

http://product.half....270562QQtgZinfo

#13 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5445 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:59 PM

Guys, just be patient. Distribution on this game wasn't all that limited. Toys R Us has them at both retail and on the web. So does Fry's and a bunch of other on-line and independent game shops. Worst case scenario, you can always buy this for $35 or so with tax when the B2G1 sale hits in mid-October at TRU.

#14 zenintrude   habitual line stepper CAGiversary!   2298 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

zenintrude

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

just had to point out the [juvenile] comedy to be derived here...

YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#15 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:12 AM

I just saw that you can get it for about $25 on half.com:

http://product.half....270562QQtgZinfo

yeah but "like new" doesn't thrill me. I need sealed (I'm a spoiled CAG)

This is really the only Wii game that I'm missing and which I really want to get my hands on.

#16 wii skiier   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   664 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

wii skiier

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:34 AM

just had to point out the [juvenile] comedy to be derived here...

Uh, didn't I point it out myself in the same post? With one hand?

I don't mind used, so the half.com deal is not bad for me, but like utopianmachine I am in line at Goozex and might wait it out a little longer.

#17 Gaming-Module   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   760 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Gaming-Module

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

They marked it up on Amazon, just FYI to anyone reading this.