Steam To Rent PC Games

Clarke

CAGiversary!
This is something I really felt was missing with PC games. Rentals. I would be more likely play single player games this way. This is great if you're interested in a game but don't want a $50 box just sitting in your drawer when you beat the games.

They're also contemplating multilayer rentals which will be like time cards for MMO games. Pay a few bucks and get some hours in. They is also a possibility of rent-to-own also.

This service will most likely start out with Valve software and they are in talks with the other publishers on Steam.

http://digg.com/pc_games/Steam_Game_Rentals

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chacrana']Oh really? Rentals are what Steam already does...[/quote]
i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

5 bucks... might be interesting.

I could see like FPS with not great multiplayer or maybe those adventure action ones with hardly any replayability....

RPG's though... maybe

Seriously depend on library but I think it's about time they do this.

[quote name='crystalklear64']How about the ability to sell back a game for steam store credit?[/quote]
No that would be reasonable.

PC game rentals especially through a digital distribution method like Steam is just stupid and unnecessary. There are already demos and doesn't steam already do free weekends for some games?

There is no mention of this by Valve at all. The "article" you linked links to steam news where there is no mention either.

bread's done
Back