Anyone have the English Star Ocean ROM?

[quote name='ZForce317']I've been trying to patch the ROM for Star Ocean for the SNES. I can't get it to work. Does anyone have a working copy?[/quote]

What emu are you using to play it?

I tried ZSnes and SNES9x. I can get the name entry text to finally come up in english, but some of it is still in japanese.

Well, I just downloaded a copy of it and gave it a spin. There were some Japanese subtitles during the opening cinema, but the voice over was in English and once it got to the actual game it was all translated. If you get that far and it's still showing up in Japanese let me know and I'll drop you a link to the rom, patch and graphics pack that I used.

Edit: grammar correction.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a NA rom of SO out there right now but I know that the Japanese one is floating around.

The guys at DeJap has been working since the beginning of time to get a translation together even with all the bad luck they've run into.

It's not completely done but its still playable.

http://www.dejap.com/so.php

[quote name='drunken_master']wow. In most WWWbords the "R" word is forbidden. Just how far dose it go? Is discution ok but not linking? Just wondering.[/quote]

I think discussion is alright, but I think linking is definitely a no-no. I understand roms are illegal, however, the game was never released over here and when I posted there were no copies of it on Ebay, so I don't really begrudge someone emulating it, especially since that's the only way to get a translation.

I have no problems with roms. I got mega Banned from the penny arcade for mentioning the "r" word. I guess this is a more liberal bord.

Yeah, but it's still not a good idea to discuss this in much more detail. I've seen people totally get flamed here for it...

The rule (as I've seen it) is: You can discuss the existence of Roms, and basic topics/questions, but you shouldn't ask questions like, "How do i use so-and-so emulator?" or "Where can I find good Roms?" or "How do I mod my so-and-so machine to play Roms?"
Other than those, it seems to be tolerated to at least a small degree.

bread's done
Back