Craigslist starting to CHARGE to post ads? I certainly hope not!!

I just placed a Rant/Rave in the Rant/Rave section of my local CL and it brought up a screen about 'amount charged'. So, a word of warning for those wanting to sell stuff on CL, since it's appearing that the free ride may be over SOON(if it isn't already).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Try posting just some generic ad or rant/rave and see what comes up on the final screen. That's how I found out they may be charging.[/quote]

I just did.

Absolutely nothing. They can't even charge you if they don't have Credit Card anyway.

The Craigslist blog doesnt say anything about it either.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Very carefully, that's how. I just figured I'd post it to see if anyone else had something like that show up. However, I don't recall how to do screen shots.[/quote]

Click Print Screen on your Keyboard and CTRL-V or C to PAste it.

[quote name='Layziebones']Click Print Screen on your Keyboard and CTRL-V or C to PAste it.[/QUOTE]

you have to paste it in something like Paint, then save the image

In other words, it's going to be a pain in the ass to do it just to show 'proof' that that crap came up on my end, huh? I know it came up when I posted a rant/rave earlier, but I tried posting a 'test' message a bit ago and it didn't come up after that one. So maybe it was just a fluke?

According to the CL fees FAQ:

Updated:
Sep 15th 2008 04:29 PM

I'm betting it was a fluke. Maybe you caught someone posting a fee-able ad at the same time and the server got you mixed up.

bread's done
Back