Best Buy $4.99 clearance YMMV

Hoffer

CAGiversary!
I just got back from Best Buy. Just as I walked in the door, they had a shelf filled with games all priced at $4.99. They mainly had Xbox 360 & PS2 games.

I picked up the following for 360.

Spider-Man 3
Bionicle Heroes
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
MotoGP 07
Jumpers
Smackdown vs Raw 2007
Jericho

This was maybe a third of the 360 titles they had on the shelf. They also had a few PS3, PSP, DS & Wii, and a ton of PS2. All priced $4.99.

[quote name='Hoffer']I just got back from Best Buy. Just as I walked in the door, they had a shelf filled with games all priced at $4.99. They mainly had Xbox 360 & PS2 games.

I picked up the following for 360.

Spider-Man 3
Bionicle Heroes
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
MotoGP 07
Jumpers
Smackdown vs Raw 2007
Jericho

This was maybe a third of the 360 titles they had on the shelf. They also had a few PS3, PSP, DS & Wii, and a ton of PS2. All priced $4.99.[/quote]
what store? Also be prepared to be told it belongs in the regional deals thread.

I would love to buy some of those 5 buck

DS and psp games. If you go back and see what they got i be more then happy to buy some off you... at least they are not crappy ones : ) (old sports games)

If i saw a pile of 5 buck Ds or psp games i be grabbing like no tomorrow : )

yea can you remember any of the ps3 games? ds? I'd pick up a bunch if I run down there. Maybe I will in a bit.

The PS3 selection wasn't very good. They maybe had 3-4 titles. Only one I remember for sure was an NBA game.

[quote name='Hoffer']Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota

I didn't realize there was a regional forum. My apologies.[/quote]

:roll:

You've been here for over a year.

Do you visit any other subforums here besides this one?

You know there ARE other forums besides video game deals.

I won't be getting anyone anything. Not to be a jerk. I just don't feel like getting into the business of buying and shipping games.

sorry :)

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']:roll:

You've been here for over a year.

Do you visit any other subforums here besides this one?

You know there ARE other forums besides video game deals.[/QUOTE]

I've been here for years, and this is the only forum I go to. So what?

just got back from BB and almost got about 5 games. but i didn't due to bait and switch antics. details are in the rant below if anyone cares..

in any case, i urge fellow CAGs to rip off BB as much as possible and get on their devil customers list. :)

/rant
there was a 5 for $25 deal at the front table. i found 3 x360 games, 1 ps3, and 1 ps2 (resident evil 3pack). it didnt ring up for $5 each so they had to call the manager... now the SHAQFU-ing manager took his sweet ass time and intentionally skipped over the ps3 game thinking I'll miss that shit. well, they were trying to give me some bullshit saying because its a ps3 game when it clearly had a clearance sticker and was right at the table. so i was like, hey i found it there, and i can find you another one. and the dude was like "well you can but youre going have to wait in line again and have the manager override the prices all over again or you can just take it as is." so i was like SHAQFU, i dont want them. can't play me a fool.
/endrant

[quote name='headac3e']just got back from BB and almost got about 5 games. but i didn't due to bait and switch antics. details are in the rant below if anyone cares..

in any case, i urge fellow CAGs to rip off BB as much as possible and get on their devil customers list. :)

/rant
there was a 5 for $25 deal at the front table. i found 3 x360 games, 1 ps3, and 1 ps2 (resident evil 3pack). it didnt ring up for $5 each so they had to call the manager... now the SHAQFU-ing manager took his sweet ass time and intentionally skipped over the ps3 game thinking I'll miss that shit. well, they were trying to give me some bullshit saying because its a ps3 game when it clearly had a clearance sticker and was right at the table. so i was like, hey i found it there, and i can find you another one. and the dude was like "well you can but youre going have to wait in line again and have the manager override the prices all over again or you can just take it as is." so i was like SHAQFU, i dont want them. can't play me a fool.
/endrant[/QUOTE]

Technically, since this YMMV sale isn't advertised, you can't necessarily call it "bait and switch". And besides that, they weren't trying to "switch" anything.

And besides, why didn't you just stand in line again? Would have taken, what, 5 minutes tops?

[quote name='Camwi']I've been here for years, and this is the only forum I go to. So what?[/quote]

Not to mention that your join date is just the date you signed up for this site. Some people could sign up, have a life, not check the site EVERY five seconds...or every day...some people might forget about the site and then get a really good deal...then remember the site and try to share the deal...only to get reamed for it...once again...another reason I stopped being a part of this community...

Thanks for trying OP

My Best Buy has a 3 for $25 table but the games are fucking terrible. Aly and AJ for the DS anyone? And they have Jericho on sale, but it's just 35% off it's $40 price tag, nowhere near $5.

[quote name='Cmosfm']And besides, why didn't you just stand in line again? Would have taken, what, 5 minutes tops?[/QUOTE]

it actually took a lot longer than that to begin with... i was getting very irritated but eh. and the sale was advertised in stores but not in the ad for the BB i was in.

[quote name='headac3e']just got back from BB and almost got about 5 games. but i didn't due to bait and switch antics. details are in the rant below if anyone cares..

/rant
/endrant[/quote]

The 8 games I bought also needed a manager override. Took the guy like 2 minutes to do them all. :)

I picked up Jericho for 9.99 at my Best Buy, later in the week I returned and found a copy for 4.99. I ended up returning the 9.99 one.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']Not to mention that your join date is just the date you signed up for this site. Some people could sign up, have a life, not check the site EVERY five seconds...or every day...some people might forget about the site and then get a really good deal...then remember the site and try to share the deal...only to get reamed for it...once again...another reason I stopped being a part of this community...

Thanks for trying OP[/quote]

You, sir, are instantly and permanently my best friend.

Only thing interesting is SMackdown Vs. Raw & thats because its multiplayer.

Going tomorrow to see if theres a gem or 2 among the landfill of garbage games.

bread's done
Back